A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 300,915
Currently Running With Scissors:
491 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 563030 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SilverMoon
Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4890 on: October 02, 2011 04:31:31 PM »

I have to do a Halloween ami for the Ami Army, and costumery for Nerd Wars (both on Raverly forums) so even though we don't do Halloween over here, I'm down with that.

Speaking of costumery, does anyone know of a pattern for a crochet batman ski mask/hat? I'd like to make one with eyeholes - not a logo one. I've seen a few projects on Rav, but no patterns.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4891 on: October 02, 2011 05:09:30 PM »

My son just deleted all my pictures off my camera. Including the pictures I had taken of the swap package I've already sent off. Here's hoping my partner posts pictures so I can borrow them for here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #4892 on: October 03, 2011 02:02:07 AM »

Thanks for the kind words on my fabric banner.  Smiley  They are so simple to make and yet look so delightful strung up on the wall.  I need to make one for Aria's room.  Cheesy

My partner received her surprise in the OWS.  She is a Dr. Who fan so I made her an Andipose stuffie. 

As for themes...not sure. 

My brain thinks October and I automatically go the fall, harvest, and Halloween.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skittlebub

« Reply #4893 on: October 03, 2011 02:45:00 AM »

and the adipose stuffie has pride of place on the bookshelf next to the Doctor Who DVDs  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 things 2013

I have a new postal address. PM me if you need it - 3/16/12
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #4894 on: October 03, 2011 06:40:47 AM »

What a cutie stuffie!!

Do you guys have problems giving away your stuffies?  I made a ton of ninnis and I can't seem to give them away...each time I put one in a box as an extra, I pull it out at the last minute! Grin

I have no problems giving away dotees or tiny stuffies, but the cute ones.....oh my...I want them all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #4895 on: October 03, 2011 08:12:32 AM »

and the adipose stuffie has pride of place on the bookshelf next to the Doctor Who DVDs  Grin

I forgot that you were a part of this thread as well.  Heh.  Its a good thing I was able to keep myself from posting the andipose sooner.  Wink  I'm glad you like him.

Thanks, alwaysinmyroom.  I have never kept any of my stuffies, so I suppose I don't have an issue giving them away.  I did have a slight issue giving away the dragons I made.  They turned out so cute.  I think part of the reason is that I make them with someone in mind so I never really think of them as mine to begin with. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yofi
« Reply #4896 on: October 03, 2011 10:31:50 AM »

I didnt complete any of the things I meant to do this weekend but I did get a few things done.  Mostly food related.
41. Spiced apple jelly, and chocolate raspberry spread

The white chocolate raspberry spread I made some time back was such a big hit, I thought I should make more for holiday gift giving.  I didnt notice until I opened the bag of chips that they were milk chocolate, not white.  Trust me, it doesnt make that big of a difference!  The spiced jelly is rather fun; I think Ill keep playing around with the spices.  (Cardamom, anyone?)

42. Green chili enchiladas 

I visited my sister in Arizona a few weeks ago, and Hatch, New Mexico green chili season is in full swing.  There are chili roasters set up in parking lots all over the place, roasting and bagging chilis.  I smuggled a couple of bags back, and Sunday I made several small pans of enchiladas for the freezer. Chicken, sour cream, cojito. Monterray and mozzarella cheesesyum!

43. Special Olympics scarf

My fourth for this craft-along; its a pattern called Hearts, Hugs and Kisses that was created for the Special Olympics.  A very nice, lacy pattern that knit up pretty fast and still I have some of the blue and red yarn for these scarves.  Maybe just one more.

I spent most of the weekend trying to figure out plans how to make a form for the low concrete walls I need to pour, and how to turn sonoforms into a tiny tower dollhouse still need to think thru some details on those!  I also made a start on a couple of Christmas presents and on chalkboard to keep track of where I am on Christmas presents but thats for another post!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #4897 on: October 03, 2011 11:39:41 AM »

num..num...yofi.  Now I'm hungry.  I love homemade jelly and jams!  I am so lucky a good friend of mine makes it because I intensely dislike cooking. Heh.

Chocolate raspberry spread?  Yes, please!!  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2JC4life
« Reply #4898 on: October 03, 2011 12:24:39 PM »

Darn it.  I hate it when I forget to click on the notification for this thread, 'cause then I get, like, 30 pages behind.

I looove the hoopla hoop sheepBlue sent to KwiltyKate.

And would love to know more about carrot pickles.

And always... I actually inspired something?! lol

Lots of other great stuff here, but 30 pages is just too much to comment on one item at a time.

I've been mostly busy with preparations for some big holiday stuff on my blog, but I have completed some projects; I'll just have to go back and see what they were.

As for themes...we don't do Halloween here, so I won't be doing any Halloween crafting, but I might do fall.  (Not that it all comes down to me or something.  Just throwing my input into the pot. Wink )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet
« Reply #4899 on: October 03, 2011 07:43:00 PM »

I love the Andipose stuffie! I think one may find it's way onto my list Smiley

Well I've been rather absent the past few months due to living out in the woods of NM. But I did some crafting...

Learned to knit (the two girls I worked with knew how so I wasn't going to pass that opportunity up) so I made a Jayne Cobb hat

Star afghan, took up a good chunk of time, it's on my queen size bed.

Firefly cross stitch that I'm rather in love with

And since I got home a few weeks ago I finished a wreath (not happy with, oh well)

And a bacon ornament which is going to be a x-mas gift for the hubby

« Last Edit: October 03, 2011 07:53:36 PM by lady4feet - Reason: forgot a project » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kristen-Paige Madonia on the Inspiration for Fingerprints of You
The Art Of The Man Cave
Molly Ringwald’s Next Act
Haikus of the Heart
Kurt Eichenwald on His Book "500 Days: Secrets and Lies in the Terror Wars"
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...