A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,647
Currently Running With Scissors:
841 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 522287 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

skittlebub
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4480 on: August 17, 2011 03:27:25 PM »

I love the rainbow scarf. I'm nearly finished some trackies for Master 1 but I ran out of cotton so I have to get some more today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 things 2013

I have a new postal address. PM me if you need it - 3/16/12
SilverMoon

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #4481 on: August 17, 2011 03:36:30 PM »

Lovely yarn on that scarf Always Wink My house would be wrapped in that, yarnbomb style, if it were more available over here. (And DP temporarily insane enough to let me Grin)

I've done a bunch of things - this laptop with it's tiny keyboard isn't as good at distracting me from craft as my full size comp was. I made birthday swap and placebo personal swap things and a small ami cupcake for a friend of Miss Five who was having a birthday (don't you love getting a scant few hours to come up with a present?)

And tonight I hope to finish the epically large Adipose for my sister's birthday tomorrow.

I've got yarn to finish off my Tetris blanket finally, so I have a question. How do you block a large item like a blanket? I've never actually blocked anything before, but I know the theory. I just don't know what to put it on though.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011 03:37:33 PM by SilverMoon - Reason: do not engage brain before coffee hits system first thing in the morning... » THIS ROCKS   Logged

yofi
« Reply #4482 on: August 17, 2011 03:51:59 PM »

Silver Moon -- when I blocked my full-sized blanket I ran it thru the gentle cycle at the laundramat, then brought it home used big T-pins to pin it out on the (carpeted) floor in the guest bedroom.  It's the one place in the house that's relatively free of cat hair!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tanath
« Reply #4483 on: August 17, 2011 04:23:37 PM »

playing leapfrog with the thread Smiley
vampedangel - I love the resin squares that you made, they have this calm feeling. I want to try some resin stuff too.
shan-E-bear - your faire costume is awesome.
meleriffic - that's your first try at beadweaving? That's great, it's very nicely done. Beading is loads of fun, keep at it Smiley
redstar - I can totally relate with working on a project only to realize that there is no way to complete it on time. The quilt, however, is great, I like that color combination.
Always - what a wonderful rainbow scarf. I love rainbow stuff.
lozzie - what a great score of stuff you got there, I hope you get to make awesome things out of it all.

I'm slowly getting back into actually making stuff. Working on another beaded necklace, I think I might make a tutorial for it.
I wonder if there's anything I can make for the current challenge. I can't even think of making fall stuff, the weather here is so so hot, and our winters are not very wintery most days anyway, so we don't need a lot of really warm stuff. Even so, I do love seeing all the scarfs and gloves people are making.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- Start at the beginning, and when you come to the end, stop! - Alice in Wonderland
AlmostDawn
« Reply #4484 on: August 17, 2011 05:03:45 PM »

I am so insanely jealous of all the yarn projects!

They are *gorgeous**gorgeous**gorgeous*

I finally got another thing done for my list! Yay!

Dog Quilt for my Mom:

Super simple but Mom doesn't like overly complicated things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.sewallegorical. com

Stalking me?: http://pinterest.com/allegorical/

50 in 2011: 14/50
Sketchbook Project 2012: Untitled
evilSabina
« Reply #4485 on: August 17, 2011 05:09:34 PM »

Nice, AlmostDawn. I really like the colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
A2JC4life
« Reply #4486 on: August 17, 2011 05:28:31 PM »

I love the Ren Faire costume.  I would totally love to dress like that every day.  (Yes, really.  But it would make me look weird and I don't want my poor hubby to be stuck with a "weird" wife. lol)

The bracelet is gorgeous!  And the rainbow scarf.  (Is that multiple yarns, or is it one yarn designed to self-stripe?)

I finished a swap package that I'm counting as two projects (b/c of very different projects in the contents, one of which uses a technique that's new to me).  It's TV-show-themed.  Do they count as fall projects since they're in anticipation of the return of the fall season? Wink

Seriously, what constitutes an autumn project, besides colored-leafy or Halloween decorations?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4487 on: August 17, 2011 05:47:32 PM »

Love the dog quilt. The dogs are super cute and the color is soothing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
skittlebub

« Reply #4488 on: August 17, 2011 07:14:00 PM »

I finished a swap package that I'm counting as two projects (b/c of very different projects in the contents, one of which uses a technique that's new to me).  It's TV-show-themed.  Do they count as fall projects since they're in anticipation of the return of the fall season? Wink

I would like to think so, because I could claim my Doctor Who Fill A Box swap package  Grin

I would guess shawls, clothing that you would wear in fall, hats & gloves, anything that reminds you of fall. So reds, browns, oranges, yellows, etc. Thats my take anyway. But Fall sounds funny, it's Autumn  Tongue (well currently it's Spring but that's beside the point  Grin)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 things 2013

I have a new postal address. PM me if you need it - 3/16/12
anitacj
wist:anitacj77

View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: August 17, 2011 08:38:38 PM »

Started on a snowman decoration for Christmas.All I need to do is finish accessories and facial features and I'll be done.Might make another one they are sooo cute. Grin,
THIS ROCKS   Logged

look at wists for my likes & dislikes
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sushi and Role of Rice
Choosing Fish for Sushi
Choosing the Right Sushi Restaurant
The Heart and Soul of Korea in a Jar: Arirang Kimchi
Miso Salmon With Sweet Pea Sauce Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...