A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
684 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 519516 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4460 on: August 17, 2011 06:24:01 AM »

The bracelet is beautiful...my niece gave me a beading loom but I have no idea how to use it!

Glad to see fall projects!  The cowl is lovely and I think you make a fetching wench, shanEbear! Cheesy

Redstar13--the quilt looks like a stained glass window!  Love the colors against the black.

totally forgot about fall canning and cooking!  I will be making hot pepper jelly again this year and probably some dried tomatoes...

Oh--and I made this scarf for thesapphiremoon because I love her!

« Last Edit: August 17, 2011 09:10:00 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #4461 on: August 17, 2011 09:52:58 AM »

OMG!  I totally forgot to send you a PM to thank you, always Sad  I feel like a heel Sad  THANK YOU!!!!  I adore it, and it's super soft and the rainbowy-ness is awesome Smiley  I have it standing by for fall for the next cool day I spend outdoors somewhere.

Working out all our wedding details has got me so frazzled Tongue  I've sewn 2 zip pouches, and a few weeks ago I sewed up 2 pairs of shorts I never photographed.  I have put them both thru the wash this week, so I should be able to snap a pic and post that.  I have a ton of items I've made for the Giant Multi-Theme swap that's due out by the end of this month, so maybe I can post some of those bits too.  Can you tell I really want to make it to 50 no matter how I do it by the end of the year?  All our wedding stuff will eventually count on my list, but some of the other 'normal' crafts may not end up getting made as I've been so burnt out lately.  I made it to 50 last year, and damnit, I'm gonna do it again this year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
lozzieozzie

CAUTION!! Crazy cat lady approaching!!

View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: August 17, 2011 10:29:35 AM »

Always - I love that scarf! And I also love how it was just an afterthought on your post, y'know like 'oh, and I made this...' like it was effortless!! How do you churn out so many gorgeous things so quickly?!?!  Huh

Sapphiremoon - you're already at 32, well over half way there - you'll do it!  Wink

Pics for another two off my list (well one on original list and one added)

21) Try newspaper gift bags Done!

I used this tutorial:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=346652.0
I made a practice one with newspaper, to make sure it worked out OK(although I do quite like this in its own right), and then I made the 'for-real' one out of wrapping paper to give the gloves in. I doubled the wrapping paper over using double sided tape (we should get shares in that stuff in our house Grin) and made the bag up using more double sided tape for neat-ness. Then I punched some holes and threaded some ribbon through.

I think I might use a similar technique with some brown parcel paper for some commissions I have - maybe try making a stamp of my logo on the side?

50) Another pair of fingerless gloves - DONE!

I'm counting these because they still take a fair while to knit up

..and just because I'm really chuffed, my new score from yarn sale/giveaway:

There's some gorgeous stuff here, mohair, patterned sock yarn, beads - loads! and it only cost me 28 (about $45 I think?) Score!!
All the stuff on the big reels on the left was free, so I'm going to try some weaving methinks, and the rest was all bagged up at 1 bags. The beads were a penny, and the lovely shiny threads were 5 for a pound. I even got a metre square of velvet for 1!
The silvery and the purple mohair are earmarked for shawls, but the rest I'm not sure about  - I want to do something nice, and a maybe try something a bit 'out of the ordinary', since it was as good as free, so any ideas from you crafty peeps would be brilliant!

On a whiny note - went to get some fabric for some orders today, and the woman in the shop was so rude and unhelpful - until she spotted my bag that I'd made, and realised I'm that person that spends loads of money in their shop, and then she was falling over herself to be helpful - nice, eh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You're about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest
Rowan Atkinson
cursive_queen
« Reply #4463 on: August 17, 2011 10:44:35 AM »

the rainbow scarf is lovely and so are the fingerless gloves.  I have a few pairs of those on my "to do" list -- it would be nice if I get to them before winter  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
evilSabina
« Reply #4464 on: August 17, 2011 10:53:37 AM »

On a whiny note - went to get some fabric for some orders today, and the woman in the shop was so rude and unhelpful - until she spotted my bag that I'd made, and realised I'm that person that spends loads of money in their shop, and then she was falling over herself to be helpful - nice, eh?

I hate it when salespeople do that. They should be polite and helpful to everyone. And don't they realize that the person who comes in and spends $5 could one day be the person who comes in to spend $500?

Oh, and I love that scarf, Always. It's gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lozzieozzie

View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: August 17, 2011 10:56:54 AM »

cursive_queen - was just about to offer you a PM of the 'fairly' quick pattern I've done in case you might want to use it, but then had a quick look at your images, and realised that that would probbers be considered a bit of an insult looking at the stuff you make, so sorry!!!  Embarrassed

If anyone does want the pattern, then please PM me, and I'll be happy to type up and send off.

evilsabina - yeah I know!! If I didn't need the stuff, and have no other option (in Britain, so no choice whatsoever!!) I would have left!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011 10:59:14 AM by lozzieozzie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rowan Atkinson
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #4466 on: August 17, 2011 10:59:54 AM »

Thanks everyone--I was being casual because I was hoping it would slip by TSM...no such luck! Cheesy

TSM--no worries--I know you are busy with wedding stuff!!!! I love you anyway! Cheesy

I was just anxious to post... and cross it off my list! Cheesy

oh lozzieozzie---score!!!!!!!!---now I am going to have to add bags to my list!  I have loads of wrapping paper but most gifts require a bag (like wine! Cheesy)...

What are you doing with the cones stuff?  When my hubby worked at a carpet factory, he was given loads of that but I never had any idea what to use it for...weaving did you say?  It might be just the thing to get my butt to finally make a hand loom!!!!!!!!  Please--more details!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cursive_queen
« Reply #4467 on: August 17, 2011 11:00:46 AM »

Iozzie - Oh no, I would love an easy pattern!  I'm still learning.  The only two things i've completely finished knitting are a dishcloth and a hat Tongue  
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lozzieozzie

View Profile
« Reply #4468 on: August 17, 2011 11:17:12 AM »

@evilsabina cursive_queen (I am such a turd sometimes!)- no worries. I'll send you it at some point this evening once I've typed it up. It will be UK lingo, but I'll try my best at explaining everything. atm it's written in my bizarre shorthand that I struggle to understand, and I've never written a pattern for normal people to use before, so you have to PROMISE to tell me if you don't get something, and I'll do my best to explain it.

always - you give wine away? Don't quite understand the concept of that!!  Grin

I've seen some really easy weaving info that says you can use cardboard as a loom? Although I'm a bit worried that it would bend? I've got an old picture frame that I might just hammer some nails into.

Basically, from what I've read (disclaimer: not tried it yet!), you cut slots or use nails down the length of a frame or piece of cardboard, and wrap whatever you're using (the cones stuff) around these side to side to make lots of rows, and then weave/thread whatever you want to use up and under these to form your piece - I'm planning on using some weird novelty yarn that refuses to crochet, and some ribbony bits, etc. I think big things for these, but only because I bore far too easily! You can make some amazing finer stuff if you have the patience.

You can push your weave down using a dining fork to keep it even, and then I think you just tie off the ends - I might try a funky mini wall hanging first - that way it doesn't matter if I make it wonky - coasters could get messy  Grin

Let me go check my bookmarks - I'll post back on this one with some better info, from people that know what they're doing!  Cheesy

ETA: WEAVING INFO
There's this youtube video (I didn't watch the whole thing, the first 30 secs gave me all I needed to know! I told you - short attention span!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbtKnvc_9No

and this craftster posts shows weaving on a clipboard
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=387852.msg4589291#msg4589291

I like this one, because the threads you weave on are nice and bulky - think it looks really unusual
Yeah Always -wheft and warp or something like that - my mind won't compute - they have become 'to weave on threads' and 'weaving with' threads!  Grin

Apparently where I live was at one time famous worldwide for wools, carpets, weaving etc, and my grandad apparently ran carpet mills, so I suppose I really should learn this and stop letting the side down.

I've no idea how you get it off your loom, I've categorised that as 'problems to deal with later'  Cheesy

hope this helps, and if you find something better, be sure to let me know!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011 12:09:38 PM by lozzieozzie - Reason: because I'm stupid... » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rowan Atkinson
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #4469 on: August 17, 2011 11:27:08 AM »

always - you give wine away? Don't quite understand the concept of that!!  Grin

actually, I think that amongst my circle of friends, it is the same bottle we keep passing around... Cheesy Yes, I do give wine when someone feeds me... Cheesy

oh yes, I have that picture frame loom bookmarked!!!  So you plan on using the cone stuff as the threading on the nails part (is that called welft or something--sorry, do not remember--the up and down threads!!!)...I am definitely going to do this...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
With a Little Help from My Friends Acoustic Guitar Lesson
Things We Said Today Guitar Lesson
Yesterday - Easy Beatles Acoustic Guitar Lesson
How to Play Basic Card Games - Hearts
How to Play Basic Card Games - Solitaire 2
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...