A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 300,924
Currently Running With Scissors:
524 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 563169 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DawnsTrees
« Reply #4440 on: August 15, 2011 05:46:02 PM »

Fantastic lozzieozzie! When the feeling is that strong, you know you have to do something about it!

I am starting a longer project today - I have wanted to make a wall art / nature assemblage for quite awhile, so I am staining the wood part today! I only have a small part of it planned out, but instead of continuing to wait for it all to come to me, I am starting with what I have! I don't know how long it will take me, but I will definitely post pictures when it is done!  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
lozzieozzie

CAUTION!! Crazy cat lady approaching!!

View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: August 15, 2011 05:54:23 PM »

Aww thanx guys!! It's a good scary isn't it?!?
 And dawnstrees-I'm intrigued?
Redstar, you'll have to give me your etsy details- I couldn't see a link to your shop anywhere?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011 06:36:23 PM by lozzieozzie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

You're about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest
Rowan Atkinson
evilSabina
« Reply #4442 on: August 15, 2011 06:17:00 PM »

Yay lozzieozzie! I've been wanting to do the same thing, but I need a space set up first. I should have that mostly done in a couple of weeks.

I'd suggest making a business plan (which I still need to do). It can really help you figure out the steps you need to follow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lozzieozzie

CAUTION!! Crazy cat lady approaching!!

View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: August 15, 2011 06:33:12 PM »

Thanx- I have some vague ideas-think I need to get organised. 9-5 I am a quality/auditor person, so I shouldn't find it that hard- considering it's what I get paid for Smiley)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You're about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest
Rowan Atkinson
Ffrogg526
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4444 on: August 16, 2011 03:53:41 AM »

Ok - I've done several fall/halloweeny themed items...  wait for it....  for a swap.  So I can't post them yet!  Or maybe I could post and just tell her not to look?  we'll see. 

DawnsTrees - I had a question about the cherry blossoms you did on that cigar box...  when you say gel medium do you mean like, gesso?  I (for the most part) don't speak in paper-crafting terms.  Roll Eyes  I was thinking that could be a fun mixed media project with polymer clay branches and collage in the background maybe.

Would fall/halloween/autumn pages in my sketchbook or altered journal count as a project?  After the blow I got last night (they've transferred me to a new school without any warning at all - school starts in a week, Wednesday I have to go in and pack ALLLLLLL my stuff and move it to the new school.) I'm going to need something to take my mind of having to leave all my kids/students and I'm thinking cutting and gluing and sticking things together and painting and you get the idea will help me get through this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4445 on: August 16, 2011 04:14:02 AM »

Oh Ffrogg! I'm sending my thoughts to you in your move! That can't be fun to be completely uprooted with no notice at all. I hope your new school is welcoming and the students are nice. At least we'll all be here to cheer you up at the end of the day.

I am a little annoyed right now as I'm having trouble finding the right shade of orange yarn for a current project. Though admittedly I only went to one Joann's so far. I'll be trying Michael's next...times like these make me wish I had a LYS nearby with quality goods rather than the big chain stores - I know I'd be able to find the exact thing I'm looking for if that could happen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4446 on: August 16, 2011 04:54:30 AM »

Please remember that there is an entire forum on business/crafting issues, ideas, advice, etc. on Craftster!  And everyone is so helpful with specific questions!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=101.0

There are a lot of opportunities for people who are talented and work hard!  Good luck! The universe knocks on your door, and I think you have to open it...maybe you will just peek, but maybe you will open the door wide!  Whatever you do, at least you heard the knock and did something! Cheesy

Fall journal pages are fine...and also, list fall/Halloween items if you can't post pics for swaps--follow up later!

I meant to comment on the cool resin project!  Love the color...I have not yet tried anything resin, but I am intrigued by it...

Also, the painting was cool!  I love bright colors and there is plenty of movement in the piece--good job!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011 04:57:11 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2JC4life
« Reply #4447 on: August 16, 2011 05:39:19 AM »

Aww, Ffrogg, that stinks. Sad

Gel medium is similar to gesso, but it's a separate item.  It's found in the craft store with the gesso, though.  (Does anyone know if clear gesso can be used for what gel medium is used for.  I know the gel medium says it can be used like clear gesso.  So now I'm a bit confused about how they're different.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DawnsTrees
« Reply #4448 on: August 16, 2011 09:04:51 AM »

Ffrogg - so sorry for the move. Your kids are going to miss you, but you will do great in the new location - I am sure of it!

Gel medium is different than gesso, although I have also heard that you can use gel medium as gesso (but not the other way around). It has a different texture, and it dries clear rather than the white of gesso. I am not super knowledgeable about them, but gesso seems to have talc (or another chalky substance) in it, where gel medium is like a polymer paint. Gel medium comes in a ton of varieties - hard, soft, matte, gloss, thick, self leveling... (I used the self leveling). They are not extremely cheap, but they are FUN - you can do transfers with them, add them to other paints, use them for texture... (search online - tons of tutorials). They are usually found in the art section of the store.  Definitely check them out and let me know what you think! (okay, I am not usually an art supply cheerleader, especially in the morning before my second cup of coffee, but damn, gel medium is fun stuff! Smiley )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
yofi
« Reply #4449 on: August 16, 2011 10:01:55 AM »

I've seen a couple of projects I liked refer to gel medium.  May be time to head back to the craft store.....

I keep going back and re-working things, so nothing seems to be finished.  Having been in my new/old house just about 2 years, this has been the summer for major projects, but I can't seem to let go of any of them!  Sitting on the back porch last night I decided I hadn't scraped the posts sufficiently before three coats of paint -- so out comes the scraper again.  and now they need another coat of paint.  Everything seems to be in a permanent state of transisiton....

I did manage a batch of dill pickles and a batch of pickled pearl onions this weekend -- my first pickles!  I got to use the bigger canning jars for the dills, and some really cute little jars for the pearl onions (they're for a friend who likes to have them for martinis) -- kinda changes up the canned goods shelf.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Night Vision Effect in Sony Vegas
How to Create the Jumper Effect in Sony Vegas
How to Create a Predator Effect in Sony Vegas
How to Create a Simple Energy Ball in Tony Vegas
How to Create Teleport Effect in Sony Vegas
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...