A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 307,971
Currently Running With Scissors:
255 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 547
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 735513 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lozzieozzie

CAUTION!! Crazy cat lady approaching!!

View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: August 15, 2011 05:32:31 PM »

Always- impulsive is GOOD!! And sheepblue- how can u say that?!? Ever?!? Your TM stuff is amazing, I'm in awe every time you post them.
Totally understand the sewing machine situation, last time mine broke, my housemate came running to see what on earth had happened because I was shouting 'nooooo esmerelda (my sewing machines name!) !! Oh my god!!!' think she thought I was being attacked!!! Haha!!
I have done some gift bags and fingerless gloves this weekend-pics tomorrow, and have started a shawl.

On a still crafty note, I had an epiphany today- I was at work, and thought why am I working to line someone else's pockets? I said 'this isn't me, I can't do this any more' (weirded my boss out a bit, lol!)
I have decided I'm going to bite the bullet and set up my online store. I'm petrified, but life's too short, right? Am going to book an appt with a local business link person tomorrow, and see what I have to do. I really want to open up a shop selling things I've made, and crafty supplies, run workshops etc, but not feasible at mo. Online is though!

Truly odd feeling, can't seem to shake it, so I'm thinking it must be time, right? Gonna check out the business boards on here, too.

Any advice you lovely people have too would be ace.

X
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You're about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest
Rowan Atkinson
redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4421 on: August 15, 2011 05:44:24 PM »

Always- impulsive is GOOD!! And sheepblue- how can u say that?!? Ever?!? Your TM stuff is amazing, I'm in awe every time you post them.
Totally understand the sewing machine situation, last time mine broke, my housemate came running to see what on earth had happened because I was shouting 'nooooo esmerelda (my sewing machines name!) !! Oh my god!!!' think she thought I was being attacked!!! Haha!!
I have done some gift bags and fingerless gloves this weekend-pics tomorrow, and have started a shawl.

On a still crafty note, I had an epiphany today- I was at work, and thought why am I working to line someone else's pockets? I said 'this isn't me, I can't do this any more' (weirded my boss out a bit, lol!)
I have decided I'm going to bite the bullet and set up my online store. I'm petrified, but life's too short, right? Am going to book an appt with a local business link person tomorrow, and see what I have to do. I really want to open up a shop selling things I've made, and crafty supplies, run workshops etc, but not feasible at mo. Online is though!

Truly odd feeling, can't seem to shake it, so I'm thinking it must be time, right? Gonna check out the business boards on here, too.

Any advice you lovely people have too would be ace.

X

YAY! Congratulations on your epiphany! Cheesy Online is DEFINITELY feasible! You should also look into craft faires and farmers markets. I need to get my act together and get stuff going, as I only have like 2 things on my etsy shop. I have a lot of things planned to add, but I just gotta do it! Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy
Pintrest
I have an embroidery machine! If you want to do personal swaps for machine embroidered items, (or are in my swaps!) let me know!
DawnsTrees
« Reply #4422 on: August 15, 2011 05:46:02 PM »

Fantastic lozzieozzie! When the feeling is that strong, you know you have to do something about it!

I am starting a longer project today - I have wanted to make a wall art / nature assemblage for quite awhile, so I am staining the wood part today! I only have a small part of it planned out, but instead of continuing to wait for it all to come to me, I am starting with what I have! I don't know how long it will take me, but I will definitely post pictures when it is done!  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
lozzieozzie

View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: August 15, 2011 05:54:23 PM »

Aww thanx guys!! It's a good scary isn't it?!?
 And dawnstrees-I'm intrigued?
Redstar, you'll have to give me your etsy details- I couldn't see a link to your shop anywhere?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011 06:36:23 PM by lozzieozzie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rowan Atkinson
evilSabina
« Reply #4424 on: August 15, 2011 06:17:00 PM »

Yay lozzieozzie! I've been wanting to do the same thing, but I need a space set up first. I should have that mostly done in a couple of weeks.

I'd suggest making a business plan (which I still need to do). It can really help you figure out the steps you need to follow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lozzieozzie

View Profile
« Reply #4425 on: August 15, 2011 06:33:12 PM »

Thanx- I have some vague ideas-think I need to get organised. 9-5 I am a quality/auditor person, so I shouldn't find it that hard- considering it's what I get paid for Smiley)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rowan Atkinson
Ffrogg526
Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4426 on: August 16, 2011 03:53:41 AM »

Ok - I've done several fall/halloweeny themed items...  wait for it....  for a swap.  So I can't post them yet!  Or maybe I could post and just tell her not to look?  we'll see. 

DawnsTrees - I had a question about the cherry blossoms you did on that cigar box...  when you say gel medium do you mean like, gesso?  I (for the most part) don't speak in paper-crafting terms.  Roll Eyes  I was thinking that could be a fun mixed media project with polymer clay branches and collage in the background maybe.

Would fall/halloween/autumn pages in my sketchbook or altered journal count as a project?  After the blow I got last night (they've transferred me to a new school without any warning at all - school starts in a week, Wednesday I have to go in and pack ALLLLLLL my stuff and move it to the new school.) I'm going to need something to take my mind of having to leave all my kids/students and I'm thinking cutting and gluing and sticking things together and painting and you get the idea will help me get through this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4427 on: August 16, 2011 04:14:02 AM »

Oh Ffrogg! I'm sending my thoughts to you in your move! That can't be fun to be completely uprooted with no notice at all. I hope your new school is welcoming and the students are nice. At least we'll all be here to cheer you up at the end of the day.

I am a little annoyed right now as I'm having trouble finding the right shade of orange yarn for a current project. Though admittedly I only went to one Joann's so far. I'll be trying Michael's next...times like these make me wish I had a LYS nearby with quality goods rather than the big chain stores - I know I'd be able to find the exact thing I'm looking for if that could happen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4428 on: August 16, 2011 04:54:30 AM »

Please remember that there is an entire forum on business/crafting issues, ideas, advice, etc. on Craftster!  And everyone is so helpful with specific questions!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=101.0

There are a lot of opportunities for people who are talented and work hard!  Good luck! The universe knocks on your door, and I think you have to open it...maybe you will just peek, but maybe you will open the door wide!  Whatever you do, at least you heard the knock and did something! Cheesy

Fall journal pages are fine...and also, list fall/Halloween items if you can't post pics for swaps--follow up later!

I meant to comment on the cool resin project!  Love the color...I have not yet tried anything resin, but I am intrigued by it...

Also, the painting was cool!  I love bright colors and there is plenty of movement in the piece--good job!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011 04:57:11 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2JC4life
« Reply #4429 on: August 16, 2011 05:39:19 AM »

Aww, Ffrogg, that stinks. Sad

Gel medium is similar to gesso, but it's a separate item.  It's found in the craft store with the gesso, though.  (Does anyone know if clear gesso can be used for what gel medium is used for.  I know the gel medium says it can be used like clear gesso.  So now I'm a bit confused about how they're different.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 547 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Etched Glasses
Horror Movie Crafts
August 24, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...