A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  It's time to vote!  Which Craftster member rocked dollar store crafting?  Cast your vote here!
Total Members: 305,698
Currently Running With Scissors:
441 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 713444 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SilverMoon
Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4360 on: August 10, 2011 03:30:54 PM »

I finished another thing I can't post until Sunday, and a pair of fingerless gloves for my niece. I saw photos from her youth camp over the school holidays and everyone had photos of them holding their hands over their eyes with eyes drawn on the back of their hand. I thought it looked cool, and would make gloves - then while I was looking for an eye pattern I found gloves on Etsy - apparently it's a Dr Who thing.

I really need to watch the new episodes.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥ Susan

Pinterest
evilSabina
« Reply #4361 on: August 10, 2011 03:40:04 PM »

I love those, SilverMoon! I haven't seen any of the new Dr Who either. But I'm adding gloves with eyes on them to my list-- which probably has about 500 things on it by now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
skittlebub
« Reply #4362 on: August 10, 2011 03:46:13 PM »

If it's in the new season it could be the wall of eyes http://www.chud.com/54962/tag-team-review-doctor-who-%E2%80%93-%E2%80%9Cthe-almost-people%E2%80%9D/ (image is about a quarter of the way down the page)

I don't think I have seen gloves like those but I still haven't finished watching all the original series.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 things 2013

I have a new postal address. PM me if you need it - 3/16/12
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4363 on: August 10, 2011 03:53:36 PM »

Wagonswest, what a neat idea to 'dye' with the sun. I am reading your instructions on that right now.

Skittlebug, the hat is great. Such tiny work.

Silvermoon, a few years ago, there was a movie called 'Pan's Labyrinth' where a demon had eyes in his hands. I thought that's what this was at first. (by the way, Pan's Labyrinth is not for the faint of heart)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SilverMoon
Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #4364 on: August 10, 2011 04:21:06 PM »

I've seen Pan's Labyrinth, but he had his eyes on his palms. The etsy listing called them Sybilline Sisterhood mitts. I don't think the chracters in the show wore gloves, I think they just drew the eyes on their hands like my niece and her friends did.

My way is warmer though Tongue

(A quick Google tells me they are from the Sibylline Sisterhood, from the Fires of Pompeii episode of the new series. Shame on you Sally, I thought Ten was your favourite doctor?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥ Susan

Pinterest
skittlebub
« Reply #4365 on: August 10, 2011 04:34:55 PM »

Silvermoon - I know the episode

Now off to finish this project.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 things 2013

I have a new postal address. PM me if you need it - 3/16/12
DawnsTrees
« Reply #4366 on: August 11, 2011 12:00:50 AM »

I am super intrigued by the sun painting on fabric! It looks fantastic!

Love the eye-gloves! They turned out great!

I finally got a couple of pictures off of my daughter's camera that I want to share. I am not making another post for them, since they were for a swap that ended awhile ago and my partner did post them here, but I was really pleased with how this box turned out! Because it was a new technique for me, I am counting it in my 50 (I usually don't count swap crafts...)

It started its life as a cigar box...

close up of the cherry blossoms (they are gel covered tissue paper and those teeny tiny glass balls)

The bottom of the box is covered in pink felt and the bottom inside of the box was mod podged with the same gold paper as the top.

I am going to have to play with the gel medium and tissue paper more - I really liked how it became a translucent, plastic-y material.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4367 on: August 11, 2011 03:21:34 AM »

What a gorgeous bracelet!  I must learn cables this year!

The lamb is also very cute with his cables!

I have watched tons of videos on cables and in my mind, I can do it...Alisha does them so neat and tidy! I fear failure but I just have to suck it up and try it! Cheesy
Thank You Cheesy  Cables are actually wicked(yes, I am from New England) easy. The lamb was my first cable project and the bracelet was my second. A long time ago(okay, January, but it feels long!) I watched a video of a 4stitch cable to get the basic concept. After you understand that you can do any cable pattern no matter how complex. Seriously, it is all the same. The only thing that changes is whether you hold your cable needle in the front or back and which stitches to knit and purl. And the pattern will tell you what to do anyways.

Double ended needles are scary to me as well as color change (which i *NEED* to learn as there's stuff I want to try).
When I learned to knit I started my first project on DPNs and now I am actually scared to knit on circulars. Weird huh? Anyways, they are easier then they look. And same goes for color change. You can always YouTube it and practice until you get comfortable.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011 03:24:32 AM by AlishaMisha » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cursive_queen
« Reply #4368 on: August 11, 2011 06:17:26 AM »

Those tissue paper flowers are fabulous!  Are they hard to do?  I love that they sort of look like tile or glass.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Make all the Things!

« Reply #4369 on: August 11, 2011 06:58:39 AM »

Gel on paper...intrigued now...like I need one more thing Cheesy  It is a beautiful box--the side paper is gorgeous!

I need about 30 of the WIP bags!! Smiley

The little top hat is so cute! What a nice swap package...

With all of the swapping some of you do, you really should count those projects!!!  I bet you will go beyond 50 and see how much you REALLY make in one year! Cheesy

silvermoon--gloves with eyes and a story behind them...she will love them!

Man, I remember seeing "Pan's Labyrinth"...it was a scary and interesting...now I want to see it again!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011 07:00:49 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Eva Scrivo on Creating Perfect Waves
3 Ways to Style the Side Swept Bun Hairdo
How to Use a Curling Iron
Hairstyles For Your Hair Color
Simple Half Up and Down Wedding Hairstyle
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Summer Dress
Wonderful Washi
Meatless Monday: Aubergine, Tomato and Goat Cheese Bake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...