A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,774
Currently Running With Scissors:
463 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 555991 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3720 on: June 04, 2011 12:41:43 PM »

Use cinnamon for ants.  Buy the big cheap bottle at the warehouse store and sprinkle it where ever their trails are.  We put it across the doors.  If you have a steam cleaner and know where their trails are, use that to steam the trail.  That messes up the molecules they put down to follow.  Then use the cinnamon. 

I know that peppermint oil deters ants. If you brush it around window sills, they won't come in but it won't kill them Cheesy

And clove oil/cloves deter houseflys. Plus everything smells lovely Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rainbowsewist
open to personal swaps

« Reply #3721 on: June 04, 2011 02:29:43 PM »

ok I think I might have this right, maybe, if not I will try and fix it. but here is a pic of my first attempt at embroidery........

I've also given up on finding my rotary cutter so I spent all last night (and will again tonight) cutting fabric into 6 in squares so I can start sewing it up into patchwork fabric. Luckily we just got 3 huge boxes of VHS tapes from Tedibear's mom so I have plenty to watch! LOL
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011 06:58:37 AM by alwaysinmyroom - Reason: fixed photo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog ~ http://neverremembers.blogspot.com
http://wists.com/rainbowsewist

ive got rubber stamps im not using anymore, wanna trade?? i'd kill for a cornish pixie poppet!
A2JC4life
« Reply #3722 on: June 04, 2011 04:15:40 PM »

You inserted HTML; you need BBcode for it to show up like you want.  It looks like this:

Code:
[img][/img]

There's a button on the toolbar - it's the one on the second row, all the way to the left.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

whatthepuck
« Reply #3723 on: June 04, 2011 05:41:03 PM »

I'm going to have to try some of these ant solutions. I have mutant ants or something. I don't think the last people moved out. I think the ants ate them and their stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Swaps:
Secret Santa
Little Visitor
Nov ATC 1/0/0
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3724 on: June 04, 2011 06:22:11 PM »

Ahhh rainbowsewist your little elephant is so cute. Great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
rainbowsewist
open to personal swaps

« Reply #3725 on: June 04, 2011 06:59:30 PM »

A2JC4Life - thanks for the help, but im on my phone now and dont seem to have that option in the toolbar, next time i go to the library i will try again.

Meleriffic - thanks! it was easier than i thought it would be! now im going to work on adding more stitches!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog ~ http://neverremembers.blogspot.com
http://wists.com/rainbowsewist

ive got rubber stamps im not using anymore, wanna trade?? i'd kill for a cornish pixie poppet!
Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3726 on: June 05, 2011 03:39:17 AM »

I like the embroidery, too...very nice.  The stitches look great.  =]
So impressed w/embroidery on everything from t-shirts to cotton/linen fabrics...I seriously never got past the aida used for cross-stitch Wink

...and I was hoping to find a pink elephant ami to play w/this next week.  I think I have a stuffed animal pattern for one in a Debbie Bliss book around here...=]
But, I think that I'm going to try a couple of kitties that I've found from here @ Craftster...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sheepBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3727 on: June 05, 2011 05:40:46 AM »

The ants are back in our apartment too  Undecided To think we avoided the seasonal ant rush - silly me.

Anyway, I'm currently working on my first coptic bound book for a Book Arts class I'm taking at school right now, and it perfectly fits the June challenge because I was initially inspired by this post

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=368118.0

I love love love papercutting and put my own little twist on it for the project. I'll definitely post pictures when I'm done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lozzieozzie

CAUTION!! Crazy cat lady approaching!!

View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: June 05, 2011 08:55:49 AM »

Wow!! Looking good, guys!

I've got a new phone, and I think my old one's taken the huff, and I can't get my pics, but will post soon.

I've not been able to get much in in the way of crafting, but I've been working on the garden, and I did manage to craft myself a sunburnt nose - does that count??

I have been working on the sweary f**k it blanket tho - I gave it to my house mate for Christmas, but I hadn't quite finished the border - I am nearly there (almost halfway through the year - oops!), so reckon it should be done this week if I can prise it off her to crochet it on, lol!!

Off to shift some stuff into the attic in a bit, so I may be able to report with almost finished craft space soon - who knows!!  So, so, so excited!! Woohoo!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You're about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest
Rowan Atkinson
SilverMoon
Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #3729 on: June 05, 2011 03:31:33 PM »

I finished Master Three's birthday presents (again at 1am this morning). The robot was made off a Bender pattern, but about 11pm last night I realised that the last fiddly details I needed to do were "Bender" bits, and not "generic robot" or "finished project" details, and since my 3yo doesn't watch Futurama I figured I'd skip them. Lucky Mr Bump was finished before I got so tired, because missing details from that he would have noticed.

Mr Bump was made up from bits and pieces of other patterns, because I couldn't find a Mr Bump crochet pattern. It's basically a blue and white sphere, with the same legs I used for my house elves, and the hands from the Dread Pirate Sam pattern, modified to give 4 fingers and no thumb.

I hate embroidering details on amis, but I have to say the black on Mr Bump, no matter how wonky, is what really makes it him.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Paths and Dupliframes in Blender
How to Get the Perfect Body with Photoshop
How to Use The Blender Interface
How to Navigate in Blender
How to Load & Save in Blender
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...