A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,757
Currently Running With Scissors:
670 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 496862 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3600 on: May 24, 2011 08:39:40 AM »

Three more projects finished, up to about 18 projects finished.

Duckies in the Round, a filet doily pattern I found in Crochet World Magazine, Spring 2011 edition. I promise, this had been finished and blocked.

Climbing Blossom from a skein of Misty Alpaca yarn. If you want something scrumptious, squishy and wonderful to touch, use this yarn. Seriously.

And my third pair of socks this year. I am feeling really good about this as I had not planned on having them done until the end of June. The colors are much more pink than the reddish I am seeing here.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ffrogg526
Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3601 on: May 24, 2011 08:49:17 AM »

Everyone's doing such awesome stuff right now!  Amazing!  And yeah - why would anyone in their right mind cover up those wonderful hardwood floors??  I wish we had those.  But we've had the carpet replaced so we know there's nothing useful underneath.

WildBird - I haven't been really paying attention for a while so I hadn't seen you post before.  I was looking at your avatar thinking "oh that's such a cute groundhog puppet!" (thinking the nose holes were eyes and it looks kind of like a puppet)  Then as my face is getting closer to the computer screen to make sure that's what I'm seeing I realized "HOLY CRAP THAT'S AN OSTRICH!"  LOL  Its like those pictures of the two faces/cup or the maiden/crone.  I just thought it was funny.  

I looked at my list and realized that I'm further along!!  Cheesy  I did start my etsy store I just don't have anything listed in it.  :p  I'm almost done with the purple skirt for one of my students.  I'll post pictures of that after she gets it.  I'm also working on my patchwork skirt!  5 tiers are put together!!!  I have to buy orange thread so I can put the orange squares together.  So I'm getting there!  I WILL make 50 this year!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3602 on: May 24, 2011 08:57:20 AM »

That scarf is yummy looking!  I still think sock makers are magical beings...I love those!

And, what interesting thread for your doily!  I have one made by my great grandmother in the same colors...is the thread still around? Cheesy

I think I better not mention that I put carpet on my hardwood floors... Cheesy...I actually hated them...loud, hard, cold and easily damaged by my dog...they will be nice for any new owners...Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

evilSabina
« Reply #3603 on: May 24, 2011 03:16:08 PM »

TSM, great destashing - on the top and on you. Smiley

Cheesy What A2JC4life said!
Ditto! I was thinking you looked skinnier. Congrats!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
skittlebub

« Reply #3604 on: May 24, 2011 04:15:42 PM »

That memory quilt is such a lovely idea - I think you may have given me an extra special project to add to my list, Skittlebub, do you mind if I borrow?

Not at all, a group of 12 of us made a square (fat quarter size) to be made into a quilt for her, with each square a reflection of us. I chose the pale pink because the baby was a girl.

35. Dry erase board - 3/4/11
Made with fabric in an old picture frame

How did you make this? It looks intriguing.

Pulled the back off the frame, used 1 layer of white material & 1 layer of patterned over the glass. Put the back, back on the frame & cut the material to size. Took about half hour by the time I ironed the material & made sure the was no fluff or anything on it. If you wanted the same material all the time you could glue it down.
I love your scarf

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 things 2013

I have a new postal address. PM me if you need it - 3/16/12
lafemmefatale

Can't be old n wise if you are never young n crazy

« Reply #3605 on: May 24, 2011 07:10:28 PM »

Lol always, to each her own!  I think it was a big thing to have wall to wall carpet in the 90s and also the homeowners before us had owned it since 59 and were super old... so they may have been worried about tripping on rugs and such.  We're very very happy homeowners to rip all that up though.  We knew it was under everything because the realtor was smart and tore up a corner to show off that feature of the house (so they could charge for it. Smiley)

Tonight we're working on putting together the kitchen and putting shelving paper in drawer and every shelf.  Fun Fun. /sarcasm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

evilSabina
« Reply #3606 on: May 24, 2011 07:55:02 PM »

Truck cake for my son's 2nd bday party:

I did most of it, but the hubby finished frosting it cuz I was ready to throw it across the room. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SilverMoon

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #3607 on: May 25, 2011 12:17:19 AM »

All I've done recently was a couple of small things for swaps. I had a big break because DP made a snide remark about if I stopped crocheting all the time maybe the bedroom would get tidied. Well, I did nothing for two weeks and it didn't help Roll Eyes But now the room is tidy, I have to get back in the swing of things. And rather quickly, because Master Two turns three in under two weeks, and then Winter Solstice comes soon after that. But I whipped up two somethings in two days, so that made me happy. One is headed to Canada, so that will take a while before I can show, and the other I forgot to get a photo of - perhaps Skittlebub will share it here when she receives tomorrow.

And now I'm off to craft us some pancakes for dinner Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #3608 on: May 25, 2011 06:58:08 AM »

I need to remind everyone that sometimes we need to clean our homes... Cheesy

I have been given an ultimatum by my honey that I must clean up my craft room before beginning another quilt...it looks like a scraps explosion...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ffrogg526
Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3609 on: May 25, 2011 08:32:17 AM »

hmmm.... great big fluffy pancakes for dinner....  runs off the text the family.  Cheesy  That could be so yummy!

I've been told I need to finish some projects before starting new ones but cleaning wasn't included.  Roll Eyes  lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
David Menasche: What Are You Reading?
Trailers: X-Men: No More Humans Trailer
My First Book Became A Lifetime Movie
Author And Mom Describes How Divorce Led To Her Steamy Memoir
CoolAge Blogfest Winners at Spring Fest, IIT Kharagpur
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...