A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 298,757
Currently Running With Scissors:
629 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 555590 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vampedangel14
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Easily craftstracted!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3320 on: April 24, 2011 06:26:46 AM »

I got THREE things off of my list done yesterday! I'm currently working on another thing today and will have two more by the end of the day today. Maybe more if I don't get distracted! Pictures later Cheesy *dances*

Also, Happy Easter!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lozzieozzie

CAUTION!! Crazy cat lady approaching!!

View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: April 24, 2011 06:31:12 AM »

Hi everyone!

I've moved house, so have only just got the internet up and running after 6 WEEKS!!! So, I've spent most of my day today catching up! And wow-was there some catching up to do! Everyone is throwing out some amazing things.

Needless to say, I've got nothing done on the crafting front. In fact, most of my stuff is still all packed up Sad

On the plus side, I've got the big room - and it's HUGE! Half bedroom, half studio - WOO-FRICKIN-HOO!!!!! It's decorated, need lots of storage, and then I'm good to go!

Although I've not done any crafting as such, I have done a ton of decorating, and a mountain of gardening. The house was re-wired before we moved in, so lots of plastering and bare walls - and the gardens looked like a jungle!

We're getting there slowly - so I'll post some pics when I can.

Nice to be back guys! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You're about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest
Rowan Atkinson
astormorray
I love looms.

just spin the yarn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3322 on: April 24, 2011 11:05:55 AM »

It's been awhile since I've posted anything, as I've been doing a lot of spinning, which kind of gets repetitive!

But we needed some tutus for a birthday party, so, here they are:

I couldn't get the four year old to stand still, so I don't have a nicer picture of hers. It's fancier than the little one's, though.  The little one's tulle is cut in straight 3.5" strips all pretty much the same length, while the red one is cut at angles, and is all different lengths.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

waggonswest

« Reply #3323 on: April 24, 2011 11:55:08 AM »

Yay.  I get to mark something off of last year's list.  #37 Sew something for friend.  I made her a gardening apron and a tote bag.  I'll try to get some pics once I recover the piece parts to my camera! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
vampedangel14

Easily craftstracted!

« Reply #3324 on: April 24, 2011 05:58:07 PM »

Okay, here is what I got done yesterday.
My first amigurumi! I did not use a pattern but just winged it after learning how to inc/dec (new crocheter). He is sitting on a wip I'm doing with the icords I've been making.

Everything was from my stash too! Yay! I also just noticed the treasure box is in the picture with the earrings and that is also something that is on my list. The gold coins I made before are inside.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011 06:11:17 PM by vampedangel14 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2JC4life
« Reply #3325 on: April 24, 2011 07:46:43 PM »

That bracelet is gorgeous!

My partner in the Frugal Living Swap has received, so I can post photos...which are in the de-stashing thread, so I won't repost them here.

And this weekend I recovered our dining room chairs.  They have really needed it, but I've been putting this off because I was nervous about using the staple gun for the first time. 

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=379078.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3326 on: April 25, 2011 03:18:30 PM »

Finished another TM bag for a personal swap. I think I'm finally ready to take a little break from them

personal swap TM bag #5 Fin 4/25

And the link to its own post.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=379123.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

waggonswest

« Reply #3327 on: April 25, 2011 04:03:13 PM »

I love you TM bags!  They are fantastic. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
yofi
« Reply #3328 on: April 25, 2011 04:14:31 PM »

I've been really bad about taking pictures of my crafts lately -- they seem to get out the door before I remember.  And since no pictures=no craft -- my total is pretty low so far this year.  But I have no fear I'll make my 50 in 2011!

I racked up three with Easter baskets alone!

These are form three of the six baskets I filled for family this year.  The easiest (I *almost* hesitate to count it) were the flowers, an Easter tradition.

12. Easter flower cans
I took soup cans from my parents recycling and planted them with little dianthus plants, two to a can.  I had punched a few drainage holes in the bottom of the cans, and covered them with scraps cut from a plastic tablecloth.  So the recipients can simply set the cans outside on the picnic table and they'll survive, in case they don't get around to planting them right away.  (Which we never do!)

13. Felt carrot bags
These were super simple (I made them during SNL Saturday night!) and they seemd veyr popular.  Or maybe it was the chocolate eggs and assorted candy I stuffed them with.... I got the idea from Betz White. http://blog.betzwhite.com/2011/04/carrot-goodie-bags.html

14. Knitted menagerie
One night when I had insomnia, I got out of bed and knit three chicks, using up some blindingly bright yellow acrylic yarn I'd inherited, and some great garish varigated stuff left over from a baktus.  I'm sure I saw the idea somewhere; I cast on 30 stitches for the largest one, then purled one, slipped one for 45 rows, forming a little-better-than-square open pocket.  I embroidered the details, stuffed it, and pulled the top closed -- then added a few stray "feathers".  The legs are knitted I-cord that flare into feet.  I took them into work to show a co-worker -- and all three were promptly claimed and spirited away.  So for Easter baskets, I made another set of three chicks, and figured out a way to use the same basic form for lavender bunnies and white lambs.  Here's another shot of the only remaining ones, two of the littlest.....

15.  Cashmere/lambswool bunnies

These weren't Easter related, just plumping my stash of new parent/little kid presents.  These were sleeves from a felted lambswool and a cashmere sweater respectively.  Since I often give these to little kids, I embroidered the features, but if they are for older kids or decorative purposes, you could easily use buttons or beads.  They are soooo incredibly soft and squishy -- and since they've already been washed in hot water, there's not much a kid could do to damage them.  (Altho' I'd recommend washing the red cashmere one by itself, unless you *want* pink diapers....)

16. Vase terrarium
I found a lovely, 20" glass vase for $2 at a thrift store, and decided I must have a terrarium.  Since this picture, I've added another plant, and little green army man.  He seems happy, altho' he hasn't put down the gun yet....
(oops.... picture doesn't seem to be coming up... will add later!)

More big things, soon; I love seeing what everyone is doing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mmccorbin
« Reply #3329 on: April 25, 2011 07:33:19 PM »

Everyones items are nice!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Surving Life as a mom to 3 Teens
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Integrate Lightroom 2 with Photoshop.
How to Use Keywords in Lightroom 2
Portrait Retouching with Photoshop Elements - Sample Clip 3
Portrait Retouching with Photoshop Elements - Sample Clip 2
Lightroom 2 Quick Tip
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...