A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 308,218
Currently Running With Scissors:
407 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 547
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 741384 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DawnsTrees
« Reply #3210 on: April 16, 2011 12:23:20 AM »

cursive_queen - I have something like that bow organizer hanging in the hall closet. I LOVE it - keeps everything neat and easily accessible! I need to make a needle/hook holder for my daughter and me. She was just searching for one of her knitting needles yesterday... we still don't know where it is... Roll Eyes

TheSapphireMoon - congratulations on your destashing! I need to start working on that a bit more seriously...

lafemmefatale - congratulations! How exciting! Can't wait to see pictures of the craft space!

Welcome rainbowsewist! Great list! Hope you can get pictures up - I would love to see what you are making!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3211 on: April 16, 2011 07:01:51 AM »

Rainbowsewist, welcome! I have found The List very motivating, and hope you do, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
rainbowsewist
open to personal swaps

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3212 on: April 16, 2011 10:08:47 AM »

DawnsTrees ~ im working on the picture issue, think im going to have to just get an outside hosting site and deal with cell phone pics for a bit.

Graced ~ thanks! i think having my list written down is going to help alot!!

infact im gonna add one thing to th list for this month, an idea notebook!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog ~ http://neverremembers.blogspot.com
http://wists.com/rainbowsewist

ive got rubber stamps im not using anymore, wanna trade?? i'd kill for a cornish pixie poppet!
A2JC4life
« Reply #3213 on: April 16, 2011 10:17:05 AM »

lafemme, cute house; congratulations!

Rainbowsewist, welcome!  This craftalong has definitely helped keep me rolling on things. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

miss_understood

They just don't understand me

View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: April 16, 2011 02:20:59 PM »

yea for you.... can't wait for pictures of your new home and organized craft room.. and please a tutorial for the organized part. Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3215 on: April 16, 2011 03:37:41 PM »

Careful there with that idea notebook, Rainbowsewist. I started one and now I have more project ideas (and sketches and materials lists) than I can do in another 50 years! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #3216 on: April 16, 2011 04:23:41 PM »

OK, here's a couple pics of my most recent projects.  Up to 12/50 so far Smiley

Purple button cuff bracelet.  This was blanket stitched with a purple ombre floss, You can see the gradient more in the folded over picture.

White and mother of pearl shell button cuff bracelet.  This one does not stand on it's own due to the extra weight of the MOP buttons, but I think if I make another one I can solve that by using canvas or duck cloth with interfacing on it so it's SUPER stiff.  I don't mind that it's a little more flexible, especially being about an inch wider that my original blue one.  I LOVE the look of the MOP buttons mixed in with other random matte and shiny plastic buttons Smiley

A custom apron top made for thelastkodama in STS.  I LOVE this batik (got it on eBay a while back), and I'm so thrilled I was able to use every single bit of what I cut off and didn't waste but a teeny sliver of edge that I trimmed off with the serged part that was uneven when I cut out the panels!

I'm in the proces of putting my smocked back tank top together, hopefully that will be my lucky project #13 when I'm off again on Tuesday!

My list has been updated again as well, please click the link in my siggy if you wanna see what I've got on the books currently.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
rockon
« Reply #3217 on: April 16, 2011 06:01:32 PM »

Hi Everyone!

lafemme and TSM, congratulations on your respective milestones!  Both rock!

and welcome, rainbowsewist!  Your list is inspiring.

I just realized that I can cross something off of my list;  #23, photo book for C's aunt!

Confession, though, I was going to scan all the pics in myself and design the book, but I wasn't a) able to figure out the scanner or b) in possession of enough time.  SO I helped C get them all together, drove him to Ritz camera, helped him pick a layout and helped him order.  It turned out wonderfully -- and his 93 year old aunt was over the moon about it (C is the man I take care of as a live-in caretaker.  He has a developmental disability and is the most amazing individual I know.  He is the apple of his elderly aunt's eye, and the photo book starred C as a youngun.)

So I am trying to decide whether I should count it for my list, since I did legwork but no real crafting . . .  either way it is done, which is good because it was driving me crazy that it wasn't done (we have been planning it since, oh, I don't know, July).

Rock on all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SilverMoon
Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #3218 on: April 16, 2011 06:23:00 PM »

rockon, I say count it. I have on my list to make an album or poster out of photos of Melbourne I spend a day just walking around taking, and I was planning on using an online website to print that out. I "made" photo books for both sets of my kids grandparents for Christmas, and it took me just as long to set them up digitally on the website as it would have with gluestick and cardstock. Longer perhaps, because I had to work within printing margins.

TheSapphireMoon, I love that purple one. I need to make myself either a purple button cuff or a rainbow one I think. But I'm not putting it on my list because then I'll have to commit to it. (I guess that's why I don't ever put housework on my daily lists then  Cheesy)

I've edited my big list again. I took off a birthday present that went past without getting done (I ended up giving my niece my own rainbow scarf) and I changed the amigurumi I had listed to make for DP to something I've been commissioned to make, because DP has told me he thinks of my amis as "woolen dust collectors" so I'm not going to bother making him one anymore. And a friend wants to pay me to make him brain slugs, so no contest there. I also added this ladybug:

My one of my nieces was admitted to hospital late Friday night and diagnosed with diabetes, and she was pretty upset about it, so I made up a ladybug on the fly to bring in to her. Of course, by the time I visited her Sat night, she already had two ladybug teddy bears, and a ladybug helium balloon, but she said she still liked my bug because it was one of a kind. Most tactful 13 year old I know  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥ Susan

Pinterest
Lillianpearl

Jack of all trades...master of none

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3219 on: April 16, 2011 06:57:16 PM »

Boo! Sorry for your niece SilverMoon! So sad, but it was so sweet of you to make her that ladybug!

I haven't done any crafting lately. (I go to school online) and the classes are really short-5 weeks long, and this particular one is kicking my @$$! Ok not so much the class, but the teacher. But that's a different topic entirely.

I did finish a package for a swap a couple days ago. Speaking of kicking my @$$, I thought that package was going to be the death of me! I spent the entire time running around like a chicken with my head cut off looking for all the pieces I KNEW I had but suddenly lost after joining the swap! And lucky me, finally able to send the package today and I FOUND all of those pieces. Grrrrrrr. See I told you I had them...lol So yea, those pictures will be up as soon as she receives.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 547 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Whooops!
@Home This Weekend: Curtains!
September 21, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...