A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
676 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 519731 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3050 on: April 03, 2011 03:57:05 PM »

Great projects in the last few days, everyone Smiley  I have some birdie fabric from IKEA as well, just a slightly different print in black/white/grays.  I think I'll make a skirt from it, too...as unlike most of the IKEA fabrics, this fabric is cotton poplin (AKA standard cotton or quilter's-type cotton) and not canvas-y stuff like is about 85% of their typical fabric offerings.  They gear their textiles lines toward pillows and sofa shams and stuff like that, so you usually want something that will stand up to the abuse more than just cotton...they've gotten into offering more cotton stuff for curtains and stuff I think.

Had this weekend off, and I'm sad to know it's over today and I will not get another one off for a VERY long time (no more time off and no schedule changes in the works until at least June or July).  We did some house cleaning, and I did ZERO crafting Sad  I've been SO bad lately about doing anything.  The most recent crafts I did were for a swap, and they are still in transit so no pics yet.  I have a few more slots on my 50 list to fill, so I think I will add them on and list them here when the box shows up at my partner's house.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #3051 on: April 03, 2011 04:07:20 PM »

I cannot believe that I never thought to use old CD's for crafting!  Love the banner idea...

The apple doll is so very cute as well...

And the skirt--I like the idea of multi-use fabrics...the bird fabric from Ikea is very versatile...

I was on the road all weekend, but I managed to crochet another luna scarf while in the hotel... Cheesy

I will probably be up until midnight finishing up for the drawing because I can't wait until tomorrow! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lillianpearl

Jack of all trades...master of none

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3052 on: April 03, 2011 04:41:17 PM »

Ooo, I love the CD banner idea! One of those "why didnt I think of that...?" crafts.
I still have a stack of CDs from like 5-10 years ago when companies send a CD with like every junk mail ad they mailed.
I might have to try that idea thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SilverMoon

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #3053 on: April 03, 2011 05:16:26 PM »

I have a WIP cd lampshade from about 13 years ago, when I had the bright idea of joining two rows of four together and pasting pictures on the outside. I got aoubt half of them done, I should really finish it I guess, since it's one of the few things that has not gotten hidden in 11 years and 8 moves. It's actually sitting here at my feet, in a box full of free postcards and other cool scraps, taunting me... perhaps after I finish the swaps I'm working on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calixita

thought I heard a saxophone; I'm drunk on the moon

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3054 on: April 03, 2011 07:40:25 PM »

I didn't have Internet access for much of the weekend.   Undecided  So many amazing projects have been posted!  Some highlights for me were the altered Circus tin (I wish I could touch it!), the doll and the precious bird skirt!
I didn't accomplish much on the crafting front but did manage to make up some paper roses.
[/URL]
I really wanted to make some from the pages of this old French book I have but the paper was too brittle.  Oh well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Deeder
« Reply #3055 on: April 03, 2011 07:43:17 PM »

I'm nursing a sore back right now, but my garden is finally finished! (almost -- it's finished enough to plant stuff, but there's a little work left to be done).

BTW, nothing makes cars slow down like a 7-month-pregnant woman wielding a shovel and hauling cinderblocks... The garden is gridded for the square-foot-gardening method, which I'm trying out for the first time, but loving so far. Does anyone have any ideas for covering up the cinderblock (at a minimal cost)? I'd like to make the wall look a little less ... white trashy.

And this was a un-list project. My DH brought home these shelves from a house he's remodeling. They were pretty gross before -- kind of yellowish and peeling horribly to reveal a very ugly blue underneath. So I sanded and scraped and painted so we can have a deluxe diaper changing station. Very helpful to get all that junk (especially the trash can) out of the reach of a 14-month-old.

I also made a sweater dress and re-conned a pair of pants into shorts for the kiddo, as well as sanded, scraped and painted a bench that our neighbor made for us -- I just haven't gotten photos yet.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3056 on: April 03, 2011 08:23:37 PM »

A gentleman who lives on the way to my son's school has a similar arrangement of cinderblocks, Deeder. In recent days, he (a very old, stooped man who garners a lot of attention, too!) is stucco-ing the thing's outside. I think it's going to look nice when he gets done. He already has nursery plants in there.

I don't know how durable it is or will be. It looks Italianate, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
PimpernelSmith

I'm sooo over due to get over an ocean...*waves at far away places*

Jack of all Crafts -- Master of None

View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: April 03, 2011 08:43:26 PM »

(OH! And I did make this for myself --)

Another wee thingy completed: Tea Wallet!   Shocked
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=377404.msg4454833#msg4454833

Of course, since I'm not a knowledgeable sewer, I have discovered one problem with my design...If the wallet tips, the tea falls out!   Roll Eyes  Any suggestions on a way to fix that will be gratefully received!   Smiley
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011 08:49:36 PM by PimpernelSmith - Reason: who for added » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.Dave Barry
Deeder
« Reply #3058 on: April 03, 2011 09:54:40 PM »

Thanks, graced! I've seen something like that before on a gardening forum ... I think they called it hypertufa. I may just live with it this year to make sure it's something I want to keep. Maybe I'll just plant some flower seeds in the dirt and hope that covers it enough for this year. Hopefully the beautiful bounty inside will distract from the cinderblock outside.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3059 on: April 03, 2011 11:00:04 PM »

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/thumbs/25615_03Apr11_Tea-Wallet-3.jpg
I have discovered one problem with my design...If the wallet tips, the tea falls out!
I suggest making the pockets a little smaller to make the tea fit in more snug. I would do this by sewing a vertical line on both sides of the center line(distance depending on how snug you need the pockets to be. It will make the wallet fold more square as well. If you don't like the center line you could always take it out leaving the two outer lines...did that make sense? If not I can draw it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Run a Clip in Reverse - Final Cut Pro
Simple Keying of an IPod - Shake 4
How to Create a Shatter Effect - Motion 3
How to Create Reflections - Motion 3
How to Make Stuff Bounce to Music - Motion 3
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...