A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,279
Currently Running With Scissors:
325 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 599160 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cursive_queen
« Reply #2800 on: March 25, 2011 11:15:30 AM »

Those onsies rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LaughingLark
« Reply #2801 on: March 25, 2011 11:31:38 AM »

Fantastic onesies! How fun! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissKerouac
I'm a bum, but not the cool Dharma kind.

only dead fish swim with the stream

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2802 on: March 25, 2011 11:35:44 AM »

Thanks, I hope they like them!
Embroidering onesies is so much fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you were happy every day of your life you wouldn't be a human being, you'd be a talk show host." -Heathers-
graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2803 on: March 25, 2011 11:43:20 AM »

Always, I did NOT know there was a thread about RAKs, and will now hunt it down for more ideas. I love your idea of parking lot surprises, too! Did you huddle in your car and peek at the responses? I would have been tempted. It's just fun thinking somebody got it and liked it and maybe had a little better day because of it, though, isn't it?!!

evilSabina,  here's the quote I stumbled on..."At club many of the gals have made bags and purses and use the dollar store metal measuring tapes to use for a snap closure and they work GREAT! This would take the place of buying a steel purse closure frame.
I haven't seen this tip posted and it is really a cool closure, your bag looks very professional and snap shut.
You buy a metal tape measure, cut to length (for each side) and round the ends, and then insert the tape measure into the casing. It is recommended to duck tape the ends to keep it from cutting your material." from here .

I tried it with a $2 tape measure from Dollar General and by doggies, it WORKS. It's as cute as a button and I figure I can get 12-13 out of that one tape measure. Lots cheaper than zips, and interesting, too. That's what's on the little flowered bag in the picture. Here's an inside shot:

LaughingLark, watch out for those dreaded adhesions forming in the first 2-4 weeks! Don't overdo, please, unless you LIKE crafting from a bed! Hope you're on your feet and painfree soon!

MissKerouac, those onesies are adorable. I might need a pair for my teens. Their sizes have changed, but they still love a good sibling row!!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011 11:45:18 AM by graced » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
Lillianpearl

Jack of all trades...master of none

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2804 on: March 25, 2011 11:49:19 AM »

Ok seriously guys, stop making awesome projects. My list is up to like 150 projects now (no...really...it is) Cheesy
Too bad I'm not a speedy crafter like Always! I'm sure she can get 150 projects done in a year! Dang. Now I'm really jealous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
evilSabina
« Reply #2805 on: March 25, 2011 01:47:37 PM »

Thank you graced! Of course, now I need to add to my list. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2806 on: March 25, 2011 03:04:06 PM »

OMG how cute are those Onesies!? I've been wanting to embroider some for my new nephew, maybe some MMA style? Those are adorable.

I really need to take pictures of the granny square messenger bag I am almost finished with and the doggie bed, but at least I am caught up with this month's list. Now to see if I can get started on my tshirt quilt. It requires DH's descisions of which tshirts he wants to retire, and the ones he'd throw a fit if I cut up. Hoping I can get some tshirt yarn out of it too! Yay, then my tshirt rug will come along nicely also! Have a great weekend all!

March:
1. Stuff & sew a new doggie bed.
2. Make my self new ergonomic wrist cushions for mouse & keyboard.

3. Plaster and decorate my own Mardi Gras masks. - Sadly I could not find my plaster strips. Sad
4. Bake ButterBeer cupcakes. And more Butter Beer.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011 03:08:23 PM by v3nu5 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

shan-E-bear

I don't DO Normal

View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: March 25, 2011 03:08:30 PM »

so much wonderful stuff...it really does seem as if I can't keep up with all the wonderfulness!

I got a new book last weekend, it called crobots! they are crocheted robots and they are awesome! I have several requests from my co-workers for their own little crobots. I just finished up the first one, they will get a combined post when I have more done, but he does count as his own project

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check me out!! I was featured on Geekcrafts.com!

50 Crafts in 2011 60!/50

I went wisting!!
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2808 on: March 25, 2011 03:09:53 PM »

I have the Crobots book but haven't had a chance to make anything out of it yet. I might make my son one of them for this Christmas. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SilverMoon
Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2809 on: March 25, 2011 05:49:05 PM »

I keep looking at the Crobots book, but my robot fans is not quite three, and those aren't really suited to children. Plus after so many dragons and other chracters made in the round, I think the finicky process of making individual sides and sewing together would annoy me. The project I'm working on now has joined rounds, with chaining and slip stiches instead spirals, and just that is driving me nuts. I hate that ugly line that it leaves in the work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Essence Beauty Editors Share Their Hair Secrets
How to Make a Ponytail Look Polished and Professional
How to Make Your Manicure Last
Pepto Bismol Acne Fighting Facial
Our 5 Minute Makeup Routine
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Art Caddy
Everyone needs more fiber!
April 29, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...