A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
689 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 519865 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

A2JC4life
« Reply #2790 on: March 25, 2011 08:05:09 AM »

Me, too.  A family member has been asking for reusable snack bags.  I never thought to use zippers in these until someone in the birthday swap asked for "zippered snack bags."  I think I will destash some of my zippers, PUL, and fabric scraps for a few of these. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2791 on: March 25, 2011 08:13:37 AM »

Hadn't thought about astromorray-style snack bags. Will have to ponder, but what little mental energy I've been able to spend on crafting lately has been directed toward looming teacher appreciation week treats (not really gifts).

While trying to think of easy but nice treats, I stumbled across the tape-measure closure idea (cheaper than zippers for that many projects!) and tried this:

Then I tried something fun with it: Random acts of crafting
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011 08:16:30 AM by graced » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
astormorray
I love looms.

just spin the yarn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2792 on: March 25, 2011 08:19:04 AM »

thanks guys!

I've got a new yarn!

corridale cross with alpaca, a little over 5 oz

I'm not sure I have ever had a prettier roving to work from! it was such fun to spin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2793 on: March 25, 2011 08:54:44 AM »

That yarn is delicious!

And I JUST realized that I've been misspelling your name, sorry!  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
LaughingLark
« Reply #2794 on: March 25, 2011 09:21:44 AM »

Graced, I love the idea of random acts of crafting!  Smiley

astormorray, that yarn is beautiful!

I've decided that I need to get a couple of troublesome works in progress out of here. My goal is the get the scarf done by the end of the weekend, and the afghan done by the 15th of April. I would like to ask hubby for a little wool $$ next month, but I think I need to show him that I will actually knit with the stuff I have first. Then I can see if the Easter Bunny will bring me some wool. 

These both have been on my list since I joined the thread. Time to get them moving along. I kind of need to take it easy right now. I do too much and then I have abdominal muscle pain. These things should keep me still for a while. I hope.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2795 on: March 25, 2011 09:22:22 AM »

What a cute idea for random acts, graced!  You do know we have an entire craftalong for just random acts of kindness? Cheesy

This winter I did a similar thing with hats...I just packaged them up with a note to use or pass it on...and left them on various cars in the parking lot of the mall...it was fun!

I hate seeing delicious yarns...I think it is a sign that I am suppose to learn to spin this year (coconut spindle, luscious yarn, Fiber Friday...gaaaah)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2796 on: March 25, 2011 09:26:17 AM »

laughing_lark--are you doing ok after your surgery?  I know that when I had my appendix out, it took over two months to fully heal...and sometimes I still think I feel some pain!

Anyway, get those projects done--you are so close!  I think for April, one of the themes is going to be WIPS!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaughingLark
« Reply #2797 on: March 25, 2011 09:52:46 AM »

laughing_lark--are you doing ok after your surgery?  I know that when I had my appendix out, it took over two months to fully heal...and sometimes I still think I feel some pain!

Anyway, get those projects done--you are so close!  I think for April, one of the themes is going to be WIPS!

I'm doing well most of the time, and then I get stopped in my tracks by knifing pain in my side. I take that as a warning that I need to slow down. Surgery was three weeks ago. I hate not having my house picked up, and I did more than I should today, so I'm having pain. I will just craft the rest of the day, Ian permitting, and keep the glasses that I wear for distance off, so I can't see the gathering dust bunny army.  Cheesy

WIPs are definitely clutter, and getting them done does constitute a form of spring cleaning.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

evilSabina
« Reply #2798 on: March 25, 2011 10:28:16 AM »

While trying to think of easy but nice treats, I stumbled across the tape-measure closure idea (cheaper than zippers for that many projects!)

Forgive me if this is a dumb question (not a lot of sleep last night). Tape-measure closure? What do you mean?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissKerouac
I'm a bum, but not the cool Dharma kind.

only dead fish swim with the stream

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2799 on: March 25, 2011 10:54:24 AM »

Finished another project last night, mainly due to pressure from the hubby to get it finished so he could bring it to work already! lol.

I'm feeling that most of you have the same problem I have, You finish one project but add two more to the list at the same time.  Smiley

#27. Onesies for hubby's co-worker who just had twins

I thought the patterns were perfectly suited for 2 twin little boys Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you were happy every day of your life you wouldn't be a human being, you'd be a talk show host." -Heathers-
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Motherboard: Author William Gibson on Real Life Technology
Chick-O-Saurus Rex by Lenore Appelhans and Daniel Jennewein
Go Back to Snail Mail to Stay in Touch with Friends
The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton
John U. Bacon on the Fight For the Soul of College Football
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...