A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October 5th News Announcement:  New Featured Projects posted!  Congratulate these artists for being selected!
Total Members: 308,407
Currently Running With Scissors:
466 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 547
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 748280 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists

^Sushi. My problem child.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2610 on: March 19, 2011 01:58:19 PM »

kwiltykate  I love the owl clips and clip holder! It's so adorable, you did an awesome job on it. I want one and I'm 27 and never wear hair clips, lol.

Dog bed weigh in ~ I like light weight upholstery because you can get it in colors that coordinate (my dogs bed is the same pattern as my curtains but red while my curtains are gold). If you're not worried about that then I second (third?) that denim is a good choice. Maybe you can make a blanket out of your and your husbands old shirts to throw over it so your dogs can lay on it but it wont take the majority of the wear. And also if your dogs are hot they just wont lay on the bed, I'm in AL so heat is also an issue and it's pretty common for our dogs to by pass the soft beds for the cool concrete floors.

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2611 on: March 19, 2011 05:05:21 PM »

By the way Craftalong, I need your help. Well those of you who have sewn a dog bed your self before.
Q: I am looking for durable fabric for my doggie bed 35x45, yet I don't want it too hot. Other wise my dogs wont sleep on it. Can anyone recommend anything?

I work in a fabric store and the most commonly used fabric is duck cloth. It is the same material that Carhart work clothing is made from. Duck cloth is more durable than denim, but not as soft.

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2612 on: March 19, 2011 05:10:30 PM »

Troublet love that black and gold tshirt!

Over the last three days I made a swap object. And now I am playing catch up on this weeks blanket squares because I ran out of the soft black wool again and had to wait for Friday's pay to come in to get more. Lucky they are only small and can get done in an hour or so. I have to get two and a half done before tonight, when I start the next week's lot while watching Bones and Castle. Then maybe tonight I'll whip up another tiny dragon for the mobile, since my friend's due date is less than a month away.

ARGH, too many wips!

♥ Susan

« Reply #2613 on: March 19, 2011 05:16:51 PM »

Kwiltykate - the owl clip holder is gorgeous, where did you get the pattern from. I haven't tried any in the hoop projects yet

Troublet Love those Tee's

Katara cute booties

I have a few things to post but I'm still resizing pictures. Hopefully I'll be able to post them today or tomorrow

50 things 2013

I have a new postal address. PM me if you need it - 3/16/12
« Reply #2614 on: March 19, 2011 05:28:24 PM »

So I angeled for the bookmark swap I did. These are the bookmarks I made.

I need to make some owl stuff too. Well, I want to.  Grin Every time I see some great owls like that I want to make some.
« Reply #2615 on: March 19, 2011 05:35:42 PM »

skittlebub (and anyone else interested!) LINK for Owl clips etc ... i found it when I went looking for the tissue pocket thingos - still havent done any of them Tongue

« Reply #2616 on: March 19, 2011 05:43:59 PM »

Thank-you XX

evilSabina cute bookmarks

50 things 2013

I have a new postal address. PM me if you need it - 3/16/12
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2617 on: March 19, 2011 06:12:14 PM »

Love the owls!  I must be on an owl kick because I am so drawn to anything with owls! Thanks for the link, kwiltykate!

Troublet--your stenciled t-'s are first class!  I am determined to try it this year!

I love the baby booties!  I don't know why I don't think to crochet much for babies!  All of the baby projects inspire me!

I think I am going to make a few bookmarkers as extras for a swap partner!
They are such a nice personal project!

Oh, and the "yarn" holder resulted because I was making it for someone who had no more wall or floor space for her yarn!  She did say that she had a near empty closet, to I just took a hanger and started drawing around it! Cheesy

I put in six skeins of yarn and still had room--I believe it was about 20x20--and, I used only stash items to make everything so far!

I will be making her another one but I am experimenting with a huge zipper and maybe a clear, see through front for her to see what she has! Cheesy

My old dog can't jump on the bed anymore...I should make him a bed for him at the foot of our bed... Sad

« Reply #2618 on: March 19, 2011 06:18:36 PM »

What about making doggie stairs?

I don't DO Normal

View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: March 19, 2011 06:19:28 PM »

Finished up my mom's scarflette and fingerless gloves last night and got around to posting them today....of course the weather is actually turning and it was ALMOST nice enough to go without any jacket at all...almost.

Now I am going to practice buttonholes so I can FINALLY finish up my velveteen vest that's been hanging out on my dressform for forever...wish me luck!

Check me out!! I was featured on Geekcrafts.com!

50 Crafts in 2011 60!/50

I went wisting!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 547 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mermaid Tail Blanket
October 19, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Vanilla Extract

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...