A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 307,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
480 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 547
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 759966 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cursive_queen
« Reply #2290 on: March 04, 2011 10:35:21 AM »

I have a question for all you crafty people -- Any suggestions for a good messenger bag style pattern?  I fell inlove with some fabric on spoonflower, but with it being so expensive, I wanted to make something really useful.  I was thinking I could use iron on vinyl on the outside to help protect it.  I want something that's not too huge but that I can carry all my purse type stuff, but also when traveling this summer be able to carry a book or two and some craft projects.  I'd be open to other bag styles if someone knows of a great one... Probably with a zipper or flap though so stuff doesn't fall out
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2291 on: March 04, 2011 10:55:59 AM »

I use Scotchguard on all of my bags...it at least keeps most of the dirt off...however, I also make everything except my kimono bags washable as well...to be honest, though, I get tired of the bag long before it gets dirty! Cheesy

Yeah, it is expensive and a lot of work--sorry, but I draft up my own patterns bag by bag, so I can't help you there...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2292 on: March 04, 2011 11:18:05 AM »

Wish I could help with a good pattern too but I made up my own last time I did a messenger bag...I don't follow patterns very well, which really limits me...it's a goal of mine this year to force myself to do it better.

I'm working on a series of zentangles for my living room wall.  I finished the first one yesterday but haven't taken pics yet (I know, shocking, right? Beth, not taking pics...lol).  I probably would have finished two instead of one but my hand was calling out for a doodle too!

Here's hoping I get time to sew today...even if it's just long enough to do the cell phone pouch I want to do...I miss my machine!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2293 on: March 04, 2011 12:30:58 PM »

Try here: http://somethingsewspecial.blogspot.com/2008/12/purses-bags-wallets.html

There are tons of links to different bags.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
evilSabina
« Reply #2294 on: March 04, 2011 12:48:16 PM »

So my son is very into trucks. He's also been really into bags lately. He'll take any bag (often one of my purses), load it up with stuff, and tote it around the house. So I made this mini tote bag for him while he was napping using some truck fabric and scrap fabric for the lining.

I'd post an action shot, but he refused to touch the bag and ran away from it. Sigh. Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2295 on: March 04, 2011 12:51:07 PM »

What a great link!

I have a few things that I make often drawn out or with templates (I must have made 30 passport wallets--blech!)...

It does same time if some one already did the measurements and figured out the pieces...and offer free patterns and tutorials! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

greybird

<3 birds, glitter, sparkles <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2296 on: March 04, 2011 01:09:28 PM »

I'd post an action shot, but he refused to touch the bag and ran away from it. Sigh. Cry

Aww... he'll come around soon I'm sure.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2297 on: March 04, 2011 02:09:15 PM »

I LOVE my painting Avesthel! It matches my bedroom almost exactly. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
astormorray
I love looms.

just spin the yarn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2298 on: March 04, 2011 03:55:21 PM »

astormorray, gorgeous yarn! Did your bat come that color or did you dye it yourself? Orange yarn is very difficult to come by and one of the main reasons I want to dye more and more.

What do you intended to make with it? I can see something lacey in there.

I dyed it back when it was roving.  It's actually mostly yellow, with some red and orange, though it reads as orange further away.

Dyeing is awesome. You should do it! It's actually very easy, and there are so many exciting things that you can do with it.

The current plan is fingerless gloves, because they are my second favorite thing to knit. (My first favorite thing is socks! but there's not enough for socks.)  I don't have a pattern in mind, though.  Chances are, it's just going into the holding tank until inspiration strikes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2299 on: March 04, 2011 04:20:17 PM »

March:
1. Stuff & sew a new doggie bed.
2. Make my self new ergonomic wrist cushions for mouse & keyboard.
3. Plaster and decorate my own Mardi Gras masks.
4. Bake ButterBeer cupcakes. And more Butter Beer. Wink

So I got something done today for march and my supplies came in for other things needed to finish March projects. Yay, oh and pictures.
The set with my mouse. I used scrap fabrics I've had since sewing my nieces quilts last year. You can kind of see where I hand sewed the bottom of the mouse cushion.

Here's the larger in action. I added about a table spoon of lavender in each for calming purposes. I love the glittery skull. It's so me, gothic/punkish yet a bit girly. Cool And they smell great!

I'd get those Butterbeer cupcakes outta the way if could just find my cupcake pans! Roll Eyes I swear I am almost excited for "spring cleaning". ...Almost.  
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011 04:22:58 PM by v3nu5 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 547 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Tea Wallet
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Personalized Pet Collar
Wild Animals on Your Tree

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...