A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
525 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 519663 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2290 on: March 04, 2011 08:50:12 AM »

Despite being on vacation I have been able to knit a little. Not much down time so I have had to do a few rows at random moments like on the plane, breakfast in a restaurant, by the pool, sitting on the edge of the hot tub, waiting for someone in a store, and the weirdest spot of all...in the stadium of Cirque du Soleil  Cheesy I sat there and I was like, I swear no one on this planet has ever knit(or even crafted for that matter) in here! So I have learned that even when you are super busy, you can get a lot done if you just carry your knitting in your purse and knit even a few stitches when you can, like waiting for someone to go to the bathroom. Slowly but surely this baby hoodie will get done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cursive_queen
« Reply #2291 on: March 04, 2011 09:22:04 AM »

AlishaMisha - I've done needlework in public, like restaurants and get the strangest looks.

I just finished my first ever knitting project!!!  I had learn to knit on my 50 list from last year and it didn't happen.  I made a patterned washcloth.  I must of messed up a few stitches, because there's a wonky part, but it was good practice!  I hope to post photos this weekend along with some other crafts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2292 on: March 04, 2011 09:31:10 AM »

Yay for knitting when you can!

Yay for first time knitting!

Messing up is part of the process...love it, learn from it and move on! Cheesy  Great attitude!  FEARLESS!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cursive_queen
« Reply #2293 on: March 04, 2011 10:35:21 AM »

I have a question for all you crafty people -- Any suggestions for a good messenger bag style pattern?  I fell inlove with some fabric on spoonflower, but with it being so expensive, I wanted to make something really useful.  I was thinking I could use iron on vinyl on the outside to help protect it.  I want something that's not too huge but that I can carry all my purse type stuff, but also when traveling this summer be able to carry a book or two and some craft projects.  I'd be open to other bag styles if someone knows of a great one... Probably with a zipper or flap though so stuff doesn't fall out
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #2294 on: March 04, 2011 10:55:59 AM »

I use Scotchguard on all of my bags...it at least keeps most of the dirt off...however, I also make everything except my kimono bags washable as well...to be honest, though, I get tired of the bag long before it gets dirty! Cheesy

Yeah, it is expensive and a lot of work--sorry, but I draft up my own patterns bag by bag, so I can't help you there...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2295 on: March 04, 2011 11:18:05 AM »

Wish I could help with a good pattern too but I made up my own last time I did a messenger bag...I don't follow patterns very well, which really limits me...it's a goal of mine this year to force myself to do it better.

I'm working on a series of zentangles for my living room wall.  I finished the first one yesterday but haven't taken pics yet (I know, shocking, right? Beth, not taking pics...lol).  I probably would have finished two instead of one but my hand was calling out for a doodle too!

Here's hoping I get time to sew today...even if it's just long enough to do the cell phone pouch I want to do...I miss my machine!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2296 on: March 04, 2011 12:30:58 PM »

Try here: http://somethingsewspecial.blogspot.com/2008/12/purses-bags-wallets.html

There are tons of links to different bags.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
evilSabina
« Reply #2297 on: March 04, 2011 12:48:16 PM »

So my son is very into trucks. He's also been really into bags lately. He'll take any bag (often one of my purses), load it up with stuff, and tote it around the house. So I made this mini tote bag for him while he was napping using some truck fabric and scrap fabric for the lining.

I'd post an action shot, but he refused to touch the bag and ran away from it. Sigh. Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #2298 on: March 04, 2011 12:51:07 PM »

What a great link!

I have a few things that I make often drawn out or with templates (I must have made 30 passport wallets--blech!)...

It does same time if some one already did the measurements and figured out the pieces...and offer free patterns and tutorials! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avesthel

♥ birds ♥

View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: March 04, 2011 01:09:28 PM »

I'd post an action shot, but he refused to touch the bag and ran away from it. Sigh. Cry

Aww... he'll come around soon I'm sure.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Prepare Recycled Paper for Rolling and Drying
How to Roll and Dry Recycled Paper Art
How to Create Landscape Art with Recycled Paper
Types of Art You Can Make with Recycled Paper
How to Make Kirigami Hanabi Fireworks Paper Cutting
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...