A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  Why party hats?  Today, we officially welcome our newest Moderators, lindyv321, pottermouth, PerfectlyBohemian, Mistress Jennie and LovelyMiss to the team!  If you see them on the boards, congratulate them!
Total Members: 305,633
Currently Running With Scissors:
378 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 711412 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2280 on: March 04, 2011 08:00:20 AM »

I do love the pillows! I'd never thought of doing seasonal pillows on my couch!

Thanks, evilsabina. Me, too! Oh, the good old days!

cursive_queen, I now know what kind of markers she's going to want over the summer, in preparation for Art 2, when they get into color. I bookmarked the copics on Blick. Thanks! What is a "marker wallet?"

Always, the elastics idea on the pencil rolls came from worrying that her favorite sharpener would fall out of a pocket and be gone for good!  What kind of gift are you making that needs pencils? Inquiring minds wanna know! (And I just noticed that YOU have done FORTY projects out of your fifty? WOWSA!

Here's a taste of what DD can do with  the contents of the roll, at age 16, in her first ever art class, in about three hours last night (due today)...while eating pretzels with icing...and rolled up in a papasan chair watching TV. *Le sigh.* (I do good to draw stick figures sitting straight up and paying attention!) It's why I want to do whatever I can to encourage her! (I'm her mom, but I think it's pretty good!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2281 on: March 04, 2011 08:14:11 AM »

astormorray, gorgeous yarn! Did your bat come that color or did you dye it yourself? Orange yarn is very difficult to come by and one of the main reasons I want to dye more and more.

What do you intended to make with it? I can see something lacey in there.

Graced. Wow, wow, wow, wow, wowy-wow. So incredible. I love how she not only copied the photo, but that she managed to capture the shading the shoulder makes and even the lay of the light beyond what you can see in the photo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Make all the Things!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2282 on: March 04, 2011 08:21:32 AM »

Graced--what a talented young lady!!  It is wonderful that you are helping her develop her artistic talent with your own creativity!

I am making something for a birthday girl, so I can't reveal just yet...I think I have figured out a cute way to keep the sharpener and eraser in the design!  I hope to have it done tonight to mail out Monday!

I have lots of burnt orange yarn from when I dreamed of knitting a sweater...I got two sleeves and the back done and then...ick...realized it really was not well done...I plan on combining the yarn with others to make some knifty knitter caps for the homeless shelter again...I love orange!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2283 on: March 04, 2011 08:26:20 AM »

Always...can't wait to see!

rottenlittleboys...thanks. She's the visual aid for the concept of "gift," I think. She sure didn't get it from ME! (To wit: I didn't notice she'd extended the photo. Ha!)

Do any of you draw? Is "pick something from a magazine and draw it before Friday" a decent method to learn something?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011 09:34:41 AM by graced » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
greybird

<3 birds, glitter, sparkles <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2284 on: March 04, 2011 08:41:20 AM »

Lovely yarn!!     Cheesy

Ok, here are a couple of the things I've done.  One is from a couple weeks ago for the Feb birthday swap.  A mixed media painting I did for Troublet's birthday.  Smiley

And then these little crochet carnation flowers.  Smiley  

I'm making them as clips for the sweat shop swap so there are more flowers on the hook right now, but I love how cute they are and was so pleasantly pleased to see how much they looked like carnations.  Smiley  
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011 10:14:36 PM by Avesthel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all the Things!

« Reply #2285 on: March 04, 2011 08:44:06 AM »

I saw the painting in the birthday swap!

I need to join the STS--so many cute and wonderful things in there...I like the carnations!

whoa--I think orange might just be the spring color for the March challenge! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

greybird

<3 birds, glitter, sparkles <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2286 on: March 04, 2011 08:49:52 AM »

Thank you!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2287 on: March 04, 2011 08:50:12 AM »

Despite being on vacation I have been able to knit a little. Not much down time so I have had to do a few rows at random moments like on the plane, breakfast in a restaurant, by the pool, sitting on the edge of the hot tub, waiting for someone in a store, and the weirdest spot of all...in the stadium of Cirque du Soleil  Cheesy I sat there and I was like, I swear no one on this planet has ever knit(or even crafted for that matter) in here! So I have learned that even when you are super busy, you can get a lot done if you just carry your knitting in your purse and knit even a few stitches when you can, like waiting for someone to go to the bathroom. Slowly but surely this baby hoodie will get done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cursive_queen
« Reply #2288 on: March 04, 2011 09:22:04 AM »

AlishaMisha - I've done needlework in public, like restaurants and get the strangest looks.

I just finished my first ever knitting project!!!  I had learn to knit on my 50 list from last year and it didn't happen.  I made a patterned washcloth.  I must of messed up a few stitches, because there's a wonky part, but it was good practice!  I hope to post photos this weekend along with some other crafts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all the Things!

« Reply #2289 on: March 04, 2011 09:31:10 AM »

Yay for knitting when you can!

Yay for first time knitting!

Messing up is part of the process...love it, learn from it and move on! Cheesy  Great attitude!  FEARLESS!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Create a Fade Effect in Photoshop
How to Copy and Paste in Photoshop
How to Create a Lightsaber in Photoshop
How to Change Hair Color in Photoshop
How to Create a Stencil in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Painted Background
Easy Summer Salads
Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...