A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,114
Currently Running With Scissors:
409 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 497262 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2060 on: February 24, 2011 10:53:17 AM »

I love quilts, I have always loved quilts. I am lucky enough to work with people who are artist quilters and even one who is a certified quilt instructor from PA too.

I can 'quilt' small things table cloths, bags and other things. But for some reason, anything larger than a bag just sticks its tongue out at me.  Tongue Like that.

Its ok, I still accumulate cloth and make many pretty things.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2061 on: February 24, 2011 11:04:27 AM »

yes--you definitely can make pretty awesome things!  Creativity and technical abilities do not always work in the same piece for most people...but to not do anything is unfathomable to me...I pretty much think you can do whatever you want to do, but if you are like me, some things are just not my thing... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2062 on: February 24, 2011 01:35:16 PM »

SheepBlue, that's an amazing package!  wow... I love the painting and the buttons and the bags...  can you post a link to the granny square pattern? I wouldn't mind trying that myself.

Here's the link for the granny square bag  Smiley I made it a bit bigger than the one in the tute but you can easily adjust the size depending on how big of a granny square you make each piece to be.

http://vallieskids.blogspot.com/2009/08/diamond-granny-bag.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #2063 on: February 24, 2011 01:40:18 PM »

I think it is great that the granny square is making a come back!

I have a crochet book from 1971 that has that bag and also those slippers! ha ha

Good for you for updating it and making it so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skittlebub

« Reply #2064 on: February 24, 2011 01:48:15 PM »

J-Kieviet - That baby quilt is adorable

SheepBlue - I love all the crochet & the button magnets
The fabric art piece is gorgeous
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 things 2013

I have a new postal address. PM me if you need it - 3/16/12
sheepBlue

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2065 on: February 24, 2011 01:57:10 PM »

I don't know why I let myself be so scared of the granny square for so long, they're ridiculously easy. Though changing colors kinda is awkward until you get the hang of it. Maybe it's the square shape, so weird so scary lol. But I love how the bag turned out so I see one in my future someday  Cheesy I think it may also be the gateway to crocheting wearable things (actual garments rather than accessories); I need to get up the nerve to make a shrug or some such so maybe this is the way.

I'm a little bummed now because I had all these grand plans for crafting over my spring break from school. I made a list of everything I hope to get accomplished over the week (including chores and homework) but sadly the chores and homework are dominating the crafts in importance so I am probably going to have less "free" time than I thought. I think I will make a point to get at least one thing done for me though - a new cozy for my new iPod touch!  Cheesy I'm paranoid about it getting broken so it has to be done soon anyway!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2066 on: February 24, 2011 02:15:22 PM »

I have so many things to add to my list and not enough time to do it right!  Agh!  anyway, here's the other stuff I'm currently working on/getting ready to start...

-Quilted cell phone pouch
- whole cloth quilt
-fabric magnetic bookmarks
- quilted book cover(s)
- Owl fabric quilt or bag?  Must make a decision!

I'm still working on my perpetual calendar with the fused plastic bags for pages, but the weather hasn't stayed good long enough to get any outside done...I also have about seventy million things that need spray painted for my new room decor, but that's all gonna have to wait I guess.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
sheepBlue

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2067 on: February 24, 2011 03:55:24 PM »

So quick question for all the quilters out there - when you're sewing fabric sandwiching batting on your sewing machine do you need a special foot or setting to make the machine run smoothly? I just tried sewing a little strip of fabric and batting with a zig-zag stitch to make my iPod cozy and the thread would break every few minutes...I've heard of a quilter's foot but is it necessary? Thanks for any help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2068 on: February 24, 2011 04:04:09 PM »

I use a walking foot for all sorts of projects, not just quilted ones. They work great for T-shirt materials too.

Have you tried running just a straight stitch instead of the zig-zag? Or changed to a heavier thread? Quilting thread has a glaze to it to make it much easier to pull through several layers of material at once.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tanath
« Reply #2069 on: February 24, 2011 04:09:51 PM »

I have been quietly following along, I'm in awe of all the talent and productivity from everyone in this craftalong.
I managed to finish 2 more projects so far, bringing me up to 3. But, I didn't get pictures of one of them yet.
I did just finish this necklace, that I made to match an outfit I got. I think this one can be counted for the challenge, since it's pink (and on time, I hope).
My cat was sleeping in my lap when I wanted to take pictures and I didn't feel like moving him, so here's a close up, displayed on real fur  Cheesy

and here it is modeled on a non-cat:

Not in the project count:
My friend at work, who is also a jewelry maker, gave me a necklace and a ring

So I made her a beaded ring (I'm not counting this one as a project, since it's so small and simple, maybe if I add up 5 such rings I'll count that as a project):

I also managed to wake up early enough one morning this week to bake some apple cake to take to work (not much to look at, but so simple to make and very yummy):

THIS ROCKS   Logged

3/50 + one baby in 2011
50 projects 2012 4/50
50 projects in 2013 2/50
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Murder, Mayhem and a Fine Man Book Trailer
Meet Author Stef Penney
Ian Falconer Talks About Olivia Goes to Venice
Gwyn Cready Talks About Aching for Always
Justin Somper Gives Some Answers
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...