A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 312,946
Currently Running With Scissors:
614 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 658691 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1890 on: February 15, 2011 01:00:39 PM »

I also live in a small house, so I feel ya on that one. When you say bigger projects...what do you mean? Like a quilt? You can always find creative places to hide things, just think about what nobody ever uses. For instance...a quilt could be bagged into a department store bag and hung inside of an old coat in the back of the closet.

I love this idea, but for me? Nu-uh, not going to work. We have four people and two small closets. No coat closet, not even a broom closet. OT, but I have threatened to take drastic measures against this house for the insurance money.  Angry

For me, if there is something I want a WOW out of, I either tell the recipient straight up or threaten their noses if they don't stay out of it.  (honestly, I am not really violent, it goes against my religion  Undecided ) Or I tell them it is for some one else.

But if you go with the 'this is yours but stay out' route, they can always watch as the project grows and become excited as it grows.

If you go with 'it is for some one else' after a few years, it is fun watching them try to figure out if the project is for them or someone else. Like Santa Clause. Don't forget to toss in projects for random strangers/RAK (random acts of kindness) every now and then.

Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1891 on: February 15, 2011 01:05:52 PM »

These were made for my children. We're taking them to Disney World for the first time next month and I wanted them to have cute hats. The Minnie Mouse is for my 4 year old daughter, the plain black for my 3 year old son, and the Mickey Shorts is for my 8 month old.(Not shown is another plain black one that I made for my nephew.)
Love these! I guess I will see you there!  Grin  And if I actually do bump into kids wearing these I will know exactly who you are.  Cheesy

« Reply #1892 on: February 15, 2011 01:26:48 PM »

All my small "gift" crafts are in tote bags (WIP in separate ones, finished ones either all in the one bag or sorted by recipient) Bigger gifts go into my wardrobe, there is a shelf in the top. In storage containers that can't be seen through, or in my garage in the storage containers

50 things 2013

I have a new postal address. PM me if you need it - 3/16/12

All fear the hypnodog

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1893 on: February 15, 2011 01:40:08 PM »

in my garage in the storage containers

THAT'S IT!!!  For some reason, we have a 1000 sq ft house, but a 700 sq ft garage.  I have NO idea why a house of this size (or a family with one car) needs a three car detached garage, but there you have it.  That's perfect! 

The kids don't go out there, and hubby doesn't mess around with any of my stuff in there.  I'm sure a tote or three could easily be hidden with gardening stuff, and seasonal items.  The pets won't be able to get into them, and if I bag things properly, I can easily keep any kind of dust or garage creepy crawlies off of my gifts.

I also occasionally go out there when it's just too chaotic or noisy for me in the house, to "organize my stuff"... which is a total lie, as anyone who has seen my garage could tell you in about three seconds. Still, it's widely accepted that I do lurk in there by myself from time to time, and no one thinks much of it at all.  I'd be able to store WIPs and maybe even do some work out there for short periods of time... like Silvermoon said, rows do add up when you start early enough!

I just facepalmed for real.  You guys are great, and while I SHOULD have thought of that before, I completely didn't.   Here I was, planning a craft ninja year full of deception, secrecy and stealth, when all I really had to do was look at the structure that I can literally see as I'm typing, and put two and two together. Thank you thank you thank you!

Need a custom cross stitch pattern done?  PM me!

Can't be old n wise if you are never young n crazy

« Reply #1894 on: February 15, 2011 01:57:28 PM »

I've finally got some things crafted! Gotta get the flower clip done for tomorrow since there's a birthday coming!

1. Set up a craft area in my new house
2. Rainbow Rapunzel scarf (for Rachel's birthday... Feb 17th)
3. Learn to double crochet
4. Try those adorable sweater boots that redflags has on her list
5. Earcuff (for me) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=367748.0/url
6. Make a piece of furniture
7. Make ruffly scarf
8. Polymer Clay Earrings (for etsy and me) http://www.etsy.com/listing/62983413/metallic-silver-polymer-clay-star?ref=fp_treasury_4
9. Mustache Pint Glasses (for my male friends) http://www.etsy.com/listing/62202711/moustache-pint-glasses-variety-of-colors?ref=v1_other_1
10. Homemade cloth napkins (for my home)
11. Swap item #1 Harry Potter Lightning Earrings

12. Swap item #2 Harry Potter broom & snitch necklace

13. Swap item #3 Alice in Wonderland "Paint the Roses Red" necklace

14. Flower clip for roommate!

« Last Edit: February 16, 2011 06:22:34 AM by alwaysinmyroom - Reason: remove duplicate links and wrong links #6 & # 7 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

« Reply #1895 on: February 15, 2011 02:44:30 PM »

Cadaver - I just thought of something else, when we were kids mum used to hide our presents in the roof, just inside the manhole cover.

Lafemme - love the lightning bolt earings!

50 things 2013

I have a new postal address. PM me if you need it - 3/16/12
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #1896 on: February 15, 2011 04:28:33 PM »

So, I got up around 10am and got NO crafting done at all today.  I'm still playing catch-up from our trip with laundry, putting away of items.  I also had to get several items up on eBay to sell, as my girl and I are shrinking out of our clothes and so we have quite a few nice items that are too big for us now Smiley 

I'm watching The Two Towers with our roommate right now, and hopefully when it's over I will have a few minutes to grab some supplies and take to work and TRY to get some crafting worked on!

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
Right @ Home on Craftster:

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1897 on: February 15, 2011 07:55:17 PM »

Thank you for your help w/copyright stuff.  I had to learn a bit in library training classes.  I know that I would not copy and use peoples materials as my own.  I know that just cause I have a copy don't make it mine...but the workers there shouldn't just write them all off, either!  The front of MaryJanesFarm has 5 FREE Apron Patterns on the front cover and the instructions to "Make a copy of this page, then enlarge it 400% for your life-size MaryJanesFarm pattern."  I'll find some way to get-r-done!
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1898 on: February 15, 2011 08:33:05 PM »

On the garage, make sure you pack them well. We had some clothes stored in my in-laws garage, and when I got them back they smelled like gasoline.

Love love love the "Painting the Roses Red" necklace.

On the apron issue, my husband is in law school specializing in copyrights and he said the instructions that say to copy and enlarge the page is the magazine giving you a license to copy it.  So maybe try a different copy place and make sure to show them the instructions.

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Live Life Like You Want To!

« Reply #1899 on: February 16, 2011 06:25:17 AM »

I have taken the entire magazine or book to our local copy shop to show them...some have even made copies and highlighted to protect themselves...I do small enlargements at home, but the big ones need professional copiers!  I agree--try a different place!

love the roses necklace and the lightning bolt earrings--well done!

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Buy a Chinese Steamer
Gok Wan: How to Make a Chilli and Salt Squid With Cucumber Salad
How To Make Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps
How to Make Chicken and Leek Magic Pot Stickers
How to Make Thai Prawn, Mango and Chilli Cups
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
Thankful for Family
Meatless Monday: Guava Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...