A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
712 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 519748 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1840 on: February 14, 2011 05:12:14 AM »

v3nu5 I know isn't it just too funny?  We have about 20 minutes of weird special effects.  Who knew our camera did all of that and why would you want it to??  There were some seriously odd stuff there - the color changes and all... At one point it swirled around on the screen like a toilet flushing lol.  It was just a weird thing.  I have to admit it is pretty funny although at the time I was really beside myself.  It's all good now... and the frog is so worth it!  He is sooo cute!  I can't begin to say enough good things about him.. Yeah, I know, I designed him but dang, he's cool!  I know it's going to sound weird but I love his bum.  It actually kind of looks like a frog butt lol.  Is it weird that I'm checking out and liking my frog's butt??

I am going to craft today... and start asap!  I was going to walk the dog this morning but my ear infection is back with a vengeance so no big exercising for me.   I'm sure my balance isn't quite what it's suppose to be!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
lady4feet
« Reply #1841 on: February 14, 2011 05:42:47 AM »

Thank you for the comments about my heart garland. The book I used was a sci-fi/fantasy book with some romance/sex thrown in so woman will read it. My friend bought a big box of used books for Christmas and this one was in it, not really my cup of tea so I deemed it a worthy sacrifice.

There are a few amusing phrases I round while stringing them up, other then the "gates of hell" there is a "he looks revolting with out his clothes" which I got a nice laugh out of.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1842 on: February 14, 2011 06:54:37 AM »

Too funny about the garland. I love it though. Hmm something like that may have to go on to my list.

Here are some more of my hats that I've been making recently.

This one is for my husband. I hadn't planned on it, but he asked me for a one.

These were made for my children. We're taking them to Disney World for the first time next month and I wanted them to have cute hats. The Minnie Mouse is for my 4 year old daughter, the plain black for my 3 year old son, and the Mickey Shorts is for my 8 month old.(Not shown is another plain black one that I made for my nephew.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
waggonswest

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1843 on: February 14, 2011 07:05:15 AM »

Mele.  Those hats are FANTASTIC! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
h_pets360
crankypants extrodinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1844 on: February 14, 2011 07:07:44 AM »

meleriffic, those hats are cute.  I hope you guys have a good trip.

I've been making all kinds of projects that aren't on my list.  It's mid-February and it looks like I might be losing my focus already.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miyoko79: I think "be proud, young craftster blood" should be your new siggie

I've got a new blog!  Tell me how to make it better!

Support the <a href="http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php">craftster way of life!</a>
BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1845 on: February 14, 2011 07:57:25 AM »

Yarn or Fabric - I commented on your yt video but I have to say it again - that video was priceless!  I loved the comments too - especially the one about the earthquake - so funny!  The frog is adorable.  I can't wait to see more vids, I am a youtuber as well (who is really really bad at posting new vids, ha ha) only because I am the world's worst photographer but can usually manage to get good 9enough) video footage, lol.

Mel - those hats are PERFECT.  People will be stopping you guys to ask where you bought them!

h_p - the focus is on crafting, not on being a slave to your list - you are doing awesome just to be crafting at all!  Kicking my butt for sure, I haven't been able to do a single thing for over a week now...yuck!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #1846 on: February 14, 2011 08:19:16 AM »

I can feel the rumblings of my craft mojo coming back...or maybe it's just my hungry tummy Huh  LOL!  Nah, I think I can feel a craft storm building...I'm willing my day off tomorrow to be crafty, I just hope it comes through!

always, I can't BELIEVE you're at 30/50 already for the year Shocked  WOW!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #1847 on: February 14, 2011 08:21:44 AM »

I love not getting on the computer all weekend (one of my New Year's resolutions!)...I get a lot done and I get to see what everyone made when I log back in on Mondays! Cheesy

kwiltykate--that is such a beautiful bag!!  Love that you quilted on it...such a nice idea...

bethieb--I have tons of knitted stuff that I want to turn into leg and arm warmers--your turned out so cute!  I also love your jewelry box idea...I don't wear a lot of necklaces because I either don't see them because they are stuck in a drawer or closet or they get tangled...I might need to steal this idea for my favorite pieces!

sunspotted--your cookie making is epic! You sure spent a ton of time baking!

onceinlovewithamy--your tea wallet just goes to show that you can make whatever you want how you want it if you are a crafting person!  I love it!

waggonswest--heart garlands are so easy and really make the holiday fun!

ha ha --the garland with the book pages made me smile...I think I better pay more attention when I use pages in projects...

great job everyone!

I tried to make a crochet hat with a heart motif but I am obviously not skilled enough yet!  But, I did make two hats...

I also tried to make the hearts from yarnorfabrics tutorial but got lost and ended up with something not a heart... Cheesy

I think I did more undoing than doing this weekend... Cheesy

ha ha TSM--I like keeping busy...and soon it will be time to put away the yarn...when spring gets here, I am out in the garden a lot, so my crafting slows down a bunch!  Plus, hubby and I are helping my niece and her family renovate my Mom's home--bless their hearts, but they are going to take care of her instead of letting her go into a home...I figure the least we can do it paint and fix up the place for all of them!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011 08:24:21 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1848 on: February 14, 2011 10:17:00 AM »

Great projects going on in here...love the Mickey hats....hope everything goes smoothly w/lots of memories, meleriffic! =]

onceinlovewithamy has inspired me to get crafting on my own tea wallet...=]

I'm not going by my original crafty list, and enjoying each project.  I'm really only done w/two items on my monthly goals list.  Here are some finished side trips in crafting that I've completed lately:
Scrappy String Bloc Swap quilt(the larger pic and individual squares are in the gallery)

a strip pieced placemat: I found the pattern in a magazine:

a set of potholders using old towels for the batting.  It is also my first time doing this kind of binding as I've cut all of them round to avoid the corner detail.  =]

23/50
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011 10:18:39 AM by Kittymom13 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
CadaverXStitch

All fear the hypnodog

« Reply #1849 on: February 14, 2011 10:36:32 AM »

My latest!

A crocheted afghan for hubs:

A valentine for hubs.  I was totally inspired by the ee cummings valentine, and while I don't have nearly the same amount of skill, I figured I could probably make him something that he'd like.  Our wedding vows included the phrase "And I will make a home in your heart forever", so that's what it is.

Blue Sun apron:

I had a hankering to watch the series Firefly again, so I sat down to watch "just an episode or two", and emerged 7 hours later wanting to make a Firefly inspired craft to get over my disappointment that the show was canceled.  Yep, I'm still annoyed about it.  Anyways, I made a stencil out of cardstock, then dabbed the matte fabric paint on to make it look a little distressed, and de-emphasize the fact that I'm not great at stenciling yet.  I'm not sure I like the whiteness of the canvas apron though, so I may be dying it to look a little less new (and to hide baking/ cooking spills!) .  I'm thinking tannish-greenish-oliveish-brownish, but we will see.  My tracing paper ripped during the transfer to cardstock, so I freehanded the top half.  It's a little off but overall, I'm pretty pleased Smiley

« Last Edit: February 14, 2011 10:45:00 AM by CadaverXStitch » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Cadaverxstitch

Need a custom cross stitch pattern done?  PM me!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Care for Haircutting Equipment
Cutting Your Hair at Home
Finishing the Beyoncé Knowles Style
Curling the Hair - Beyoncé Knowles
Sectioning the Hair - Beyoncé Knowles
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...