A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,545
Currently Running With Scissors:
667 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 535461 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

onceinlovewithAmy
« Reply #1790 on: February 11, 2011 03:55:02 PM »

Finished the tenth project! YAY! So excited--another birthday present for myself Smiley

I kept seeing tea wallets around on Craftster and elsewhere and decided I wanted to make one.. but couldn't find a pattern that didn't intimidate me Tongue Mostly because most of the patterns used just regular fabric, which is more complicated than I wanted since I lovelovelove felt. So I made up my own pattern. And I LOVE it!  Love the way it turned out! Even though I had to do it in pink instead of teal like I wanted (wouldn't it have been cool to have a tea wallet to match my Droid case?!). But either way, I'm so excited about it! Makes me want to go somewhere so I can ask for a cup of hot water to make my tea  Grin

Here's the outside:

Aaaaand the inside!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissKerouac
I'm a bum, but not the cool Dharma kind.

only dead fish swim with the stream

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1791 on: February 11, 2011 04:30:06 PM »

Everyone's tea wallets are so awesome! I think I may need to put one on my list for myself and one for a fellow tea drinking co-worker.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you were happy every day of your life you wouldn't be a human being, you'd be a talk show host." -Heathers-
Ffrogg526
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1792 on: February 11, 2011 06:42:18 PM »

I'm so behind on this board!  ACK!  I've had something to do every single day after school this week so I haven't been able to really keep up.  Hopefully this weekend I'll go back and look at everything I've missed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kwiltykate
« Reply #1793 on: February 11, 2011 08:01:21 PM »

8/50

Finished a bag I was making for my sister's birthday... and with 4 HOURS to spare!! Nothing like a deadline to get me finishing stuff Smiley
Its a 'tote' bag style, quite large. She asked me about a month ago to make her something similar to an ipad cover I made her for xmas, luckily I still had some of the fabric leftover.

BAG
Inside pockets for phone, pens and a zippered pocket
And gratuitous action shot Wink

The chalk lines only seem to show up in photos?? looks fine in person Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

astormorray
I love looms.

just spin the yarn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1794 on: February 11, 2011 08:06:48 PM »

That bag is really cute astormorray! Is that the Teesha Moore style with the scrappy squares that are separately embroidered? Looks great!

oh, yes, it is.  Thanks! it took ages.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1795 on: February 11, 2011 10:09:40 PM »

Hey guys!  I finally have stuff to show, yay!  But be warned - the pictures are absolute junk.  It seems the only time I get time to take pictures it's dark and I don't have good indoor lighting for pictures...
First, my five minute arm warmer things:

made from a pair of knee high socks I got for $1 at Wal-Mart.  They were super easy - I tried them on, figured out where I wanted the hole for my thumb, cut off the feet and snipped a small hole where I'd marked the thumb placement.  Then I stitched around the hole on my machine using a zig zaggy stitch so it could stretch if it needed to.  I keep these in my purse and use them all the time for driving, typing, etc.  I wasn't sure how much I'd use fingerless gloves but I really like them!

Next is a jewelry display box I made for my daughter.  She has started collecting bracelets and necklaces, which led to a tangled pile of junk in the bottom of the bathroom drawer, so I came up with this.  It's made from a box that was part of the packaging of our Wii.  I spray painted it black, then glued scrapbook paper inside it with a contrasting band at the top and bottom.  The jewelery hangs from those little hooks you can get to put under your counter for mugs to hang on.  I had everything in my stash already so I was pretty stoked!

I have more to show but I keep forgetting what I've taken pics of and what I've forgotten, ha ha...anyway, that's two more for the count so yay!  Cheesy

Oh, before I forget...here's what I'm working on tonight:

A new huge quilt for my bed!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011 10:11:57 PM by BethieB » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
shan-E-bear

I don't DO Normal

View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: February 11, 2011 10:37:33 PM »

BethieB I love your quilt in progress, definetly looking forward to seeing that done!

I completed a little project that wasn't exactly on my actual list Tongue

Meet Bob

Made from the same pattern as CadaverXstitch's little bird...

he is my first amigurumi, and yes his head is a little lopsided, oh well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check me out!! I was featured on Geekcrafts.com!

50 Crafts in 2011 60!/50

I went wisting!!
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

« Reply #1797 on: February 12, 2011 02:24:21 AM »

What a cute hat mellerific! My 5 yo daughter would totally wear that. Smiley

After what feels an eternity (work has kicked my butt and I've now got the latest seasonal lung crud), I'm BACK!

I have finally done something with my blog that I've been wanting to do for some time. I've added my first of many planned tutorials! I was indecisive about where to start so I decided to go with comfort foods. I'm planning on doing other types of tutes but I've been all about foods that make me all warm and happy lately. Smiley

So....

38. 1 tutorial for my blog for Spring
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1798 on: February 12, 2011 05:16:28 AM »

Troublet - you commented on my blog  Kiss - yup - barbque bread and Texas toast are the same thickness - just shaped differently.  I'm not sure if you went back to see my comment or not lol.  I need up post an entry for the newest recipe I tried - taco melts.  They were a huge hit and will be lunch leftovers today  Smiley  We'll see how well they reheat....

I'm making those enchiladas again Monday.  My family loooves them!  I'm thinking I'm going to try a new cornbread recipe as well - one that takes creamed corn in the recipe.  I'm all about food lately too.  I think it's the meds I'm on.  They make me hungry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

« Reply #1799 on: February 12, 2011 05:53:51 AM »

Taco melts? Yes, blog that please! Cheesy

I'm going to spend part of my weekend crafting for my partners in IYP and making something to celebrate my bday next week. Whee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jennifer Aniston Glams Up in Dior and Talks About Her Wedding Dress
Currently Trending: All Things Blue
4 Outfits to Inspire Your Coachella Attire
Ways To Wear White Pants
The Cutout Look Is Perfect For Spring
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...