A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,043
Currently Running With Scissors:
494 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 614026 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

soorawn
« Reply #1060 on: January 16, 2011 01:18:00 PM »

Well, I got the pics uploaded at last!  I am not opening threads for these projects, since they are quite straightforward, but I am very pleased with them.

My first 2011 project is a bracelet.  I bought the kit and kept it "for when I had time to concentrate on it", since it was a first for me.  The other day I decided I wanted to do it... it took me only ten minutes!  You can see it's beginner's stuff in how I spent most of those minutes carefully planning the layout so that the different types of beads would be well distributed... only to have them end clustered in the final product.  Bleh.  But I like it, I enjoyed the project and might be doing more of these when I want new bijoux - it's just that I don't wear jewelry these days.  Not even earrings.

The fabric on which the bracelet rests is my last 2010 project, a wool skirt knitted on the bias.

I am really happy how it turned out.  I fell in love with this yarn when I last went to Bristol, and I knew I'd make something really pretty with it.  And very comfy as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects for 2011:  15/50
Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1061 on: January 16, 2011 01:56:12 PM »

Cute skirt...and bracelet!!   Good job!  =]

Halfway through January and I just realized that I had my Knit Guild sampler squares confused...and I will be down one if I don't get things in gear.  oi!  Instead of quilting today, I had to keep my sewing machine busy making another set of curtains for the front room. (DH wanted to watch the game w/o glare...=])
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SilverMoon
Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1062 on: January 16, 2011 03:56:59 PM »

I love that skirt. See, this is why I want to learn to knit.

No finished projects for me again over the weekend. It's hard to get crafting with DP at home all day. All the dirty dishes and unfolded washing looks more starkly obvious when he is around. But, I did finally get around to bringing my blankets squares in front of the tv during last night's NCIS session, and got 4 squares done. If I can keep that rate up I'll be caught up for all the weeks I skipped while making Xmas presents. I've made 115 out of 200, and all I have left is black ones.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aislynn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: January 16, 2011 07:06:56 PM »

I FINALLY finished the scarf.  I re-knit the border rows at least three times, maybe four.  I lost count.  First I had a lot of yarn left over, and was running a wee bit short on length, so I frogged back, added a few rows in pattern, then did the border, then ran out of yarn for the crochet edge.  Two goes later, it's done!  With two yards of yarn to spare.  I'm going to block it tonight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
musiclady

with enough caffine, I could rule the world

« Reply #1064 on: January 16, 2011 07:17:39 PM »

I haven't gotten much done recently, but I'm really enjoying all the pics of finished projects!   

Maybe this week will be more productive in the crafting area. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1065 on: January 16, 2011 08:21:05 PM »

Tonight during the Pats/Jets game I finished knitting the mochimochiland Boo Bat (that I promised Mary) and attached the ears. Now I have to block the wings, attach them, and then add the velcro to the feet and I will be done! I also worked on my Mickey Mouse cross-stitch a little bit.

I have been trying to hold off on a lot of projects because I am getting a craft room and I don't want to have too many WIP's going on during that time. It is my first craft room and I am SO excited. The stuff in the room will be moved out on Tuesday and hopefully I can start moving in then!  Grin And after that I am sure my project pace will be much faster.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011 08:21:42 PM by AlishaMisha » THIS ROCKS   Logged

shan-E-bear

I don't DO Normal

View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: January 16, 2011 10:25:55 PM »

AlishaMisha - congrats on the craft room!
Aliasgracie - rooting for you on #50, and its really nice of you to do those angel blankets

I handed over my rush order baby hat and mittens, so I made sure to get photos first. I will be asking for action pics, but have to wait for the baby to actually arrive.

I've also spent a chunk of the weekend working on baby shower invites that should have already gone out, but I only got all the info on saturday GRRRR!!! So they are a bit of a rush job and not my best work.

I'm trying to keep them simple since I really need to get them in the mail very quickly, but do you think they need something? I've been staring at them too long and can't figure it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check me out!! I was featured on Geekcrafts.com!

50 Crafts in 2011 60!/50

I went wisting!!
waggonswest
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #1067 on: January 16, 2011 10:44:40 PM »

Shan E,  I think they are cute the way they are. 

Still can't keep up... and I thought the 2010 pace was rough!

I did get a quilt top pieced today.  Hopefully I'll be able to quilt and get the binding started tomorrow. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1068 on: January 17, 2011 12:55:32 AM »

AlishaMisha - congrats on the craft room!

Thank You!  Grin I live with my parents so it has always been frustrating to bring all my stuff from upstairs down to the kitchen table and pick it up for dinner and breaks. It makes half of the crafting a chore and takes longer to get anything done. So I am sure you can imagine my excitement after all that frustration  Grin  Grin  Grin

Love everyone's projects! Keep 'em up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SilverMoon
Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #1069 on: January 17, 2011 02:09:18 AM »

I finally got something completely done! My Tardis iPod cover only took me most of the afternoon. Now to kick back and relax with more NCIS and tetris squares...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A New Family Saga from Bestselling Author Garth Stein
Jhumpa Lahiri on Her Writing Process
The New Yorker Gets Refreshed
Geoff Dyer Talks with Rebecca Mead
The Dark Side of Modern Fiction
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Patriotic Planter
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...