A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,131
Currently Running With Scissors:
405 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 530066 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #820 on: January 10, 2011 07:55:52 AM »

Your BJD is very sweet looking SilverWing. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redflags
Right behind you.

Attention span of a caffeinated gerbil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #821 on: January 10, 2011 08:17:30 AM »

Heh...I cheated with my first cable project.  It was the cabled owl dishcloth.  It's cables!  Really!  It's just only a few of them.  It's a super fast introductory project, and sooo easy to do.  I really recommend it, though, if you want to try cabling and are scared.  After that, I had no worries at all about doing bigger projects.

Is this the one?: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/diagonal-owl-dishcloth

Looks easy enough (says I, the expert Cheesy), I think I'll try this one instead. Thanks for the tip!

Superhooker, I need all the cheerleading I can get!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterests
Etsy

50 Projects in 2011!
Project on Every Board, Craftalong for ME, Fake Swapping Craft-along, Patchwork Sampler Blanket knitalong
Aislynn
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #822 on: January 10, 2011 08:24:01 AM »

That IS the one redflags!  Sorry, I should have posted a link myself.  And it is VERY easy.  I, the slowest knitter on the planet, can knock one out in an afternoon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #823 on: January 10, 2011 08:41:35 AM »

SilverWing - where in TN are you?  I bet we could almost throw rocks at each other Cheesy  I'm about 20 min from the border.... I've probably asked you that in the past lol.

Ffrogg526 - I will have to add that to my list of recipes for the year.  I'm planning on making a few from that book.  I really love the chocolate covered cherry cake in there - and the fresh strawberry cake was a favorite here for a bit... But that gooey butter cake does sound like it needs to be made.

I think today I will make fresh pizza dough.  I have never made it myself and I've got ham & pineapple that needs to become a pizza!  Hmmm.... I best get started on that soon if I want to make pizza for lunch!!  We're having Italian tonight Wink

graced - I don't think we have plows here... If we do, it's only one Billy Bob with a plow on the front of his truck - probably related to someone who is in politics here lol.  OKay.  I probably went too far with that one but you know what I mean.  They probably only plow the main main roads for emergencies only.  The town is shut down though.  They called a state of emergency over night thanks to this storm....

My sister lives in Jersey. She is expecting 18" from this storm.  It should be hitting her later on tonight.  It sure is pretty.  I'm just happy that it is a rare occasion.  I don't miss shoveling or driving in snow.... but these two storms have been a great diversion!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011 08:44:59 AM by Yarn or Fabric » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
luckdragon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

« Reply #824 on: January 10, 2011 09:00:25 AM »

Everyone is so motivated this year!  Grin 
I'm so glad the snow didn't hit TX, but man, it is COLD!!  - ok, for here it's cold...

redflag, love the basketweave scarf!

SilverWing - the alice dress is super cute!

I have finished my first project (pinkleo's pattern for the Luna Lovegood scarf - actually half pattern...I'll post pix tonight) and am half way through my second project (embroidery hoopla hoop for my wall)

Pix of both tonight - I should be done with the embroidery.
Then, on to my late Christmas present (actually, it's an uber-late birthday present which slipped to Christmas and is now a New Year present) of the Weekender Bag
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
Angelicus
« Reply #825 on: January 10, 2011 09:06:32 AM »

I love those t-shirt pillows. What a great idea! I know all my friends would love them, so I'd better add them to my list of birthday presents. Are they easy to make?

And have fun in the snow guys Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog:thoughtsonbubblesandstuff.wordpress.com

Don't frown because someone might be falling in love with your smile.
SilverWing

dreamer of dreams...

« Reply #826 on: January 10, 2011 09:07:52 AM »

Yarn of Fabric - I'm in Winchester, about an hour north of Huntsville. Smiley

And thanks everyone! Cheesy I'm going to have to break out the yarn next and try out some of these projects you all are posting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!

I <3 personal swaps!

redflags
Right behind you.

« Reply #827 on: January 10, 2011 09:27:21 AM »

I love those t-shirt pillows. What a great idea! I know all my friends would love them, so I'd better add them to my list of birthday presents. Are they easy to make?

Very easy! I've been sewing for about a week now, and those pillows were one of my first projects. I just cut the picture from the front of the t-shirt in a square (as best I could), then cut out 2 squares of denim from a pair of thrifted overalls (same size as the t-shirt). I sewed the t-shirt square to one of the pieces of denim, then sewed both pieces of denim together (right sides facing), leaving an opening big enough to feed in stuffing. Turned it right side out, stuffed it, then used fabric glue to seal the last open bit. I'd have liked to have sewn it, but I haven't figured that one out yet  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterests
Etsy

50 Projects in 2011!
Project on Every Board, Craftalong for ME, Fake Swapping Craft-along, Patchwork Sampler Blanket knitalong
solarray
« Reply #828 on: January 10, 2011 09:27:45 AM »

alright i finished project #2, which of course was not one of the things on my original to-do list. but anyway here it is. it's my first attempt at amigurumi, it turned out alright i think except for the piecing it together. i've made crochet stuffed animals before, but they weren't this small and didn't require as much sewing pieces together. my oldest dd picked out the colors and sewed the eyes and nose on. its for her out of her book, she hasn't quite got the hang of crochet yet so i told her i'd make the pieces.  and another shot, if you hadn't figured it out it is a squirrel.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redflags
Right behind you.

« Reply #829 on: January 10, 2011 09:32:02 AM »

solarray, that is freakin' adorable! I can't believe it's your first one. And I love the colors you used  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterests
Etsy

50 Projects in 2011!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Five Tips to Stop Acne Breakouts This Fall
Mermaid Makeup Tutorial Part 2
Best Ways To Update Your Skin Regimen For The Fall
Best Drugstore Beauty Products
Want Full Lips? This Bizarre Artist Has the Secret (No Filler Needed!)
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...