A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,209
Currently Running With Scissors:
476 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 597615 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vampedangel14
Easily craftstracted!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #810 on: January 10, 2011 05:17:31 AM »

Keep up the great work on the projects everyone! I'm seeing lots of cool things.

As for snow, I live in MA so it's common here. We had a storm the day after Christmas and some the other day but that's really it so far this year which is unusual. I'm not complaining since I hate the cold and snow, but the radio said this morning that they are calling for a storm on Wednesday that could give us another foot of snow. If it storms that bad, maybe I'll get the day off work and can get more crafty stuff done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #811 on: January 10, 2011 05:59:39 AM »

Oh, my...that is a lot of snow Yarn or Fabric!  The weather has gone crazy!  We are due for a bit more up in IL, but I think East of here is going to get the bulk of it! Yikes.  Ya'all be careful!!
I've not made another MN hotdish...but I will today!  One w/barley in it, canned soups...the usual!  Stick to your ribs kind of meal.  Tongue
The chocolate cake looks realllly tasty! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
that1girl
never not crafting

crafting for the fun of it

« Reply #812 on: January 10, 2011 06:41:54 AM »

my list so far this month
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=369612.0
1. beret
2. cowl/hat
3. slouch hat
4. worm
5. spider
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redflags
Right behind you.

Attention span of a caffeinated gerbil

« Reply #813 on: January 10, 2011 06:44:08 AM »

Thanks everyone!

Its on my list to knit cables this year though. My problem is that I want to craft everything all at once!  I should become an octopus so I can craft at least 4 different projects at the same time. Cheesy

Cables have been on my list for a while also! In fact, I've got all the supplies sitting right here next to me to make a cabled headband (which I decided would be my first cable project since it's quick Wink). It's been sitting here for a week, I just haven't had the nerve to co yet. I have the same everything-at-once problem. My Ravelry queue is out of control and I usually have several projects going on at once.

Someone should start a UFO craftalong!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterests
Etsy

50 Projects in 2011!
Project on Every Board, Craftalong for ME, Fake Swapping Craft-along, Patchwork Sampler Blanket knitalong
Aislynn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #814 on: January 10, 2011 06:54:19 AM »

Heh...I cheated with my first cable project.  It was the cabled owl dishcloth.  It's cables!  Really!  It's just only a few of them.  It's a super fast introductory project, and sooo easy to do.  I really recommend it, though, if you want to try cabling and are scared.  After that, I had no worries at all about doing bigger projects.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
Ffrogg526
Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

« Reply #815 on: January 10, 2011 07:15:42 AM »

Yarn or Fabric - you need to try the gooey butter cake out of the Cake Mix Doctor!  Its from the original book, not the chocolate version (which we also have!)  But I've made that recipe soooooo many times that the book just falls open to that page now.  Its the only break in the spine.  Roll Eyes  Page 240.  Cheesy  And you can change this up!  Use a spice cake mix and cinnamon chips, lemon cake mix and white chocolate chips, chocolate cake mix and peanut butter!  OOOHHH the possibilities!!  Grin

We're part of the same storm system here in Charlotte.  We have about 3" currently.  We were due for our January snow anyway but twice this season already is pretty crazy.  But the good news is that I get a day out of school!  Possibly tomorrow as well because of ice and the temperature isn't supposed to go above freezing the rest of the week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

« Reply #816 on: January 10, 2011 07:24:40 AM »

Yikes. Snow in ALABAMA. Do y'all have snowplows and stuff? We sure don't here in LA...that much snow would cancel LIFE here for a week!

You've inspired me!!!

I read your first post, and while I WANT to craft something each week, that's not reasonable for me. But cooking a new recipe once a week all year? THAT sounds like having my cake and eating it too. Since I have to cook anyway, I might as well have some fun with it.

...off to investigate the "rules" of this craftalong...!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #817 on: January 10, 2011 07:46:17 AM »

ooooh, everyone should just go ahead and try cables!!!  After you knit your very first cable crossing, I swear you'll be amazed at how easy it is!

I'll be your cabling cheerleader!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

« Reply #818 on: January 10, 2011 07:50:53 AM »

Maybe I'll do a mix of crafting and cooking new recipes for my 50 in 50. I have some projects I want to schedule in so they'll get done (finally) and I love looking for new recipes.
January:
#1--Ree Drummond's New Year's Black-eyed Peas
Result: Keeper! I usually just go with Trappey's with Jalepenos (from a can, gasp!).
They're "good enough," but Ree's recipe is easy enough that it was not a big drag to do,
and it's not bland at all.http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen-blog/2010/12/a-tasty-recipe-new-years-black-eyed-peas/
#2 Dorie Greenspan's Cauliflower Gratin
Result: Good, but not really worth all the effort and expense of 8 ounces of Gruyere cheese.
One commenter suggested roasting the cauliflower instead of steaming it, so I did that while frying the bacon.
My family loves my roasted cayenne cauliflower and voted unanimously that I could just stop right there. Whew. http://leitesculinaria.com/58177/recipes-cauliflower-gratin.html
#3--Pencil Roll.
#4--Craft a 2-sided magnet to remind my kids whose turn it is to do the litter box.
#5--Sew a bag for my daugther's etsy shop. She designs them, and I've promised I'd sew her some so she can see if there's a market for them. I've been promising for TWO years. Bad mom. (She doesn't have much experience sewing, so some of her design elements are going to be a NIGHTMARE. She doesn't negotiate well or compromise lightly, either. I guess this means it's about time for practice at all of the above, eh?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
SilverWing

dreamer of dreams...

« Reply #819 on: January 10, 2011 07:51:50 AM »

Well, I can't get to work due to 8 inches of snow! (I'm in Tennessee, right on the TN/AL state line pretty much) So, I'm crafting all day. And to start, here's a pic of the Alice dress I just finished for my BJD! Smiley I'm overly pleased with how it turned out, lol. There's a few more pics here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=369617.0

« Last Edit: January 10, 2011 07:52:24 AM by SilverWing » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!

I <3 personal swaps!

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Birchbox August 2014: Sneak Peek Part 2
Birchbox August 2014: Sneak Part 3
Get the Neon Cat Eye Look from the Chanel 2014 Runway Show
Celebrity Makeup Secrets Revealed
How to Make an Avocado Facial Mask
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Buffalo Spaghetti Squash
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...