A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,480
Currently Running With Scissors:
373 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 534965 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rantyhippie
Carnivore Extrordinaire

Drunken Crafter

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: January 06, 2011 07:57:00 PM »

Is it me or is that thing giant?

It's HUGE! lol. The newspaper in the back is for a size reference. I got to a point at the end where it would not fit in my lap to wind it into a ball anymore.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do you have some spare roving you're willing to part with? Wanna do a personal swap? PM me!

Respect ghosts and gods, but keep away from them -Confucius
musiclady

with enough caffine, I could rule the world

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #731 on: January 06, 2011 09:05:57 PM »

Wow!  That's a lot of yarn!!  Smiley  I like the color, I bet it will be really pretty when it's done.  Smiley

I combined a couple of things on my list, the gnome hats with the tshirt for DD because the tutu is not getting done.  Which is ok with me.  I have that all finished, but someone was not cooperating today for pics.  Perhaps tomorrow.

And . . . today I got started on the baby blanket.  Hopefully that will be done by Saturday night so we can give it to the baby on Sunday!  And once these couple of projects with deadlines are done I'll be able to relax a bit and start a project for me for a change.  (yeah, right  Roll Eyes)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shan-E-bear

I don't DO Normal

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: January 06, 2011 10:28:59 PM »

Yay finished another project ....and added 6 more....oops!

pic is the link to the post

On facebook today there was a thing going around that someone will make something handmade for  you, but you promise to make handmade stuff for 5 other people (one extra snuck in on me, I couldn't turn her down)
So now I have more projects, but it should be fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check me out!! I was featured on Geekcrafts.com!

50 Crafts in 2011 60!/50

I went wisting!!
BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #733 on: January 06, 2011 11:21:03 PM »

redflags - The bow is adorable.  Panic attacks are the worst thing EVER.  I just got a dremel last week and used it to make some wooden toys for the kids to play with, just haven't posted them yet, but that dremel is quite possibly my new best friend!  They are so fun, seriously.  Oh, and I'm not a cloth napkin expert by any means, but I used up some cheapo flannel for mine and they work really well.  I made them a little too small though so we mostly use them as dish clothes or to scrub down the table, but the flannel seems to work out okay.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
heini
« Reply #734 on: January 07, 2011 12:42:40 AM »

First project finished, but I don't have pics yet. Also started the second, but my sewing machine started to sound very bad and I need to buy oil before sewing anything. My friend's birthday is tomorrow, but I won't see her until Sunday, so I can easily finish the wallet in time if I go to buy the oil today.

1. Wallet for me
2. Wallet for a friend (Birthday in 8.1.)
3. Shirt for my youngest sister
4. Shirt for me
5. Skirt for my middle sister
6. Skirt for me too
7. Coat for a friend
8. Bibs for my friends' baby
9. Fabric book for the same baby. I'm planning to make appliqued and embroidered animals.
10. At least a hand made card for my middle sister if she graduates in the spring. Maybe a present too.
11. Afghan for my youngest sister. It would be combined Yule and Birthday gift, so I have a whole year to make it.
12. Learn to make sweetened potato casserole
13. Travel sewing kit (for fixing clothes when travelling)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #735 on: January 07, 2011 02:35:47 AM »

Oh gawd, ya'll are making me feel lazy... people have finished some 2011 projects already, and we are barely on wk 1! I need to get my bootie in gear. I'm afraid I have signed up for too many fun swaps and haven't left any time for my fun personal crafting.

LOVE that cloth yarn for your rug rantyhippie! I'm actually working on cutting up some old cotton tshirts for cloth yarn too!

Shan-E-bear- those fingerless gloves are gorgeous! *wisting*!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redflags
Right behind you.

Attention span of a caffeinated gerbil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #736 on: January 07, 2011 06:42:09 AM »

BethieB- Thanks! I'm worried now that I won't get anything done that doesn't involve the dremel. I can't put the thing down  Cheesy

shan-E-bear- those gloves are awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterests
Etsy

50 Projects in 2011!
Project on Every Board, Craftalong for ME, Fake Swapping Craft-along, Patchwork Sampler Blanket knitalong
FinRaziel
« Reply #737 on: January 07, 2011 06:48:34 AM »

shan-E-bear, i love those gloves! did you use a pattern? and if so, may i ask which one?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

make a friend swap: planning/crafting
one tiny stuffie round 5: crafting!

15/50 projects in 2011: link

wists.com/FinRaziel
evilSabina
« Reply #738 on: January 07, 2011 07:01:20 AM »

On facebook today there was a thing going around that someone will make something handmade for  you, but you promise to make handmade stuff for 5 other people (one extra snuck in on me, I couldn't turn her down)
So now I have more projects, but it should be fun.
I did it too. But so far only two of my friends were brave enough to comment, so I may be getting off easy. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #739 on: January 07, 2011 07:12:22 AM »

[shan-E-bear /color]great fingerless gloves!   What kind of yarn did you use on them??

heini are you crafting a travel sewing kit...like a needle book?  I made use of a second hand
?coin/makeup? purse...I've got several buttons in the bottom of it, folding scissors, two needles and baggie of small spools from some sewing kit...it's worked out great.  If I have a button to sew onto my knitted items...that is my little kit to throw into my craft bag. Cheesy

v3nu5 I hear ya about the swaps...got a friend asking me to join one..*so tempted!!*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Company Claims Suction Device Creates Fuller Lips
Cameron Diaz Is Anti-Botox
5 Things to Try This January 2014
Natural Solution to Smooth Wrinkles
Nail The Nude Manicure Like A Pro!
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...