A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,667
Currently Running With Scissors:
605 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 522455 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #690 on: January 06, 2011 05:19:12 AM »

Would love to have a dremel for a soon-to-tackle project for a swap....not sure if its worth buying though =/ Off to go research cost while not being able to sleep due to a lame migraine...at least its calmed down enough that I can be on the computer for a short bit.

You can totally borrow mine, if you need it!  If you need it right away I can drop it in the mail.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
korok

Whoever dies with the most fabric wins!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #691 on: January 06, 2011 05:32:01 AM »

I made most of the things on my list last year, and having a list here helped motivate me. I didn't post very often, and that's something I want to do more this year, maybe once a week!

50 things 2011:
1. dress/jumper for daughter
2.  summer dress for daughter
3. birthday gift for daughter
4. crafty birthday cake in March for dd
5. birthday gift for son
6. crafty birthday cake in Sept for ds
7. curtains for spare bedroom
8. curtains for bathroom 1
9. curtains for bathroom 2
10. skirt for me!
11. summer top that works for nursing
12. mini art quilts for dining room, and then hang them up!
13. finish 2010 Christmas ornaments for dd and ds
14. Christmas stockings for family (this is either really late or really early)
15. quilt for my bed
16. lap quilt with my beautiful Echino fabrics
17. another misc. quilt?
18. Halloween costumes
19. better labels on crafty sewing than I already use (which consist of Sharpie writing on twill tape)
20. charity menstrual pads
21. gift for Erin and family
22. gift for Jody and family
23. gift for Gabby
24. bunting for dd
25. bunting for ds
26. try 3 new recipes a month
27. make housewarming gift for a friend (pillows?)
28. Christmas ornament for family 2010
29. skirt for daughter
30. jazz up some tights for dd

That's all for now, but I know it will get there.  I don't want to add too many Christmas crafts yet.  
Seeing other people's lists helps me remember things I want to do, and also inspires new projects!  

Happy crafting in 2011!!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011 04:45:04 PM by korok » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #692 on: January 06, 2011 05:35:42 AM »

Would love to have a dremel for a soon-to-tackle project for a swap....not sure if its worth buying though =/ Off to go research cost while not being able to sleep due to a lame migraine...at least its calmed down enough that I can be on the computer for a short bit.

You can totally borrow mine, if you need it!  If you need it right away I can drop it in the mail.

Really? That would be so tremendously awesome  Cheesy The particular project in mind I haven't started on yet, but since I think we're trying to meet up sooner rather than later, I could probably just wait until then and you could bring and I could drill away for a bit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redflags
Right behind you.

Attention span of a caffeinated gerbil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #693 on: January 06, 2011 06:06:32 AM »

redflags...love the bow, so cute!  hope you get back to your stitchin' and keep smilin'! What are you knitting??  I'm working on a hat...the pattern I love came from a British knitting mag.  Also, a lacey-leafy afghan for my daughter...it is slow going!

Thanks! I'm working on a huge basketweave scarf. I'm using super bulky so it's knitting up quickly  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterests
Etsy

50 Projects in 2011!
Project on Every Board, Craftalong for ME, Fake Swapping Craft-along, Patchwork Sampler Blanket knitalong
heini
« Reply #694 on: January 06, 2011 06:07:10 AM »

I love the fingerless gloves as well - they are just fabulous and I'm super jealous!  I'd love fingerless gloves but don't care for the bulk of crocheted ones and can't physically get to my knitting machine to make some.. maybe that should be on my list - make something - anything! - on my knitting machine or sell the bugger!
I've made a pair of fingerless gloves using thing alpaca yarn, and they're not bulky at all. They were similar to these, but the yarn was thinner. These are made with thicker yarn, but because of the lacy pattern, they're nice and soft.

I haven't finished any project yet, but I think I'll be sewing tonight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lapoli

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #695 on: January 06, 2011 06:12:17 AM »

Redflags - The bow is cute and the necklace is really pretty! I love the colors. Smiley

Thanks for all the glove love (hehe!).  I have them sitting here but it's rainy and I'm too lazy to walk them out to the mailbox. Maybe he'll get them tomorrow.

J_Kieviet  - Hope you finished everything on your list before the party!

I decided to cast on for the destroyed cowl on my list.  I started it this morning and I've made good progress, but it's also kinda boring.  I need to do something more interesting.

Question about our lists -- is it ok to list more than 50 items?  I think I can do 50 items this year but I'm not promising that I won't get distracted and end up making things that weren't on my original list.  Does this break unofficial rules of the craftalong?? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #696 on: January 06, 2011 06:15:00 AM »

Phew--I keep adding new people to my master list of participants!

The fingerless crochet gloves was a pattern that I got off the redheart site...I will see if I can find it for you kittymom13!  I really did like the one from ravelry as well but they are made with thicker yarn than what I used...

I loved the simple beaded necklace...it looks like something I would wear a lot...

j_kievet--you better post some pics of that party!  I hope it goes well.

I have all of my charity afghans started and in their own project bags to pick up and do whenever I have some down time in front of the tv!  Now I just have to do the same with the Quilt for Kids...

In case anyone needs more incentive to make things, another craftalong by LadyLietzen is going on...it is a more specific and will help you meet your crafting New Year's Resolution!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #697 on: January 06, 2011 06:21:16 AM »

pfft!  lapoli--you can make your list as long as you like! I keep adding to mine as sort of a place to keep track of everything I want to make no matter if I get it done or not!

I added about 30 things I did not do last year but I am going to rethink why I did not do them...probably because I lost interest or they were boring! Cheesy

I cast on this awesome popcorn stitch scarf/hat combo that is keeping me on my toes!  Since I am using a solid color, every mistake is very prominent!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

astormorray
I love looms.

just spin the yarn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #698 on: January 06, 2011 07:28:46 AM »

I'm sure I'll do 50 things, but they may not be all on my list.  I like the idea of having the list though, and not adding to it, so that next year, if any of my 12 UFO are still not finished, I'll have a good reason to abandon them.  I mean... if I can't work on it in 12 months... or, in the case of many, 24... why keep it around yet another year?

In more personal news, my sewing machine is on the blink.   Undecided  I've to decide if it's important enough to brave the snow to get it repaired RIGHT NOW, or if I should wait until it's less dicey on the roads...   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #699 on: January 06, 2011 07:52:19 AM »

I found fingerless gloves ARE on my list of 50 things to do...whew!  I would NeVeR add more than 50 things to do... Roll Eyes Wink
I've gotten further along on my next granny-ghan...and will have plenty of Caron yarn left and will use it for making my first pair...probably in a grey colour since I have lots! =]
Off to keep up w/my sewing duties for the week...sorry to hear your machine is down[color=g astormorray reen][/color]...do you have something to keep you busy til the weather decides to co-operate and you'll be safe going to get it fixed??  Hope so!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Raw Food California Rolls - Part 2
How to Make Raw Food California Rolls - Part 1
How to Find Wine Matches for Sushi
How to Make Mongolian Lamb
How to Make Balachaung
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...