A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 299,158
Currently Running With Scissors:
575 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 561766 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Aislynn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: January 05, 2011 01:49:12 PM »

Yarn or Fabric, have you thought about knitting them flat on the machine, and then seaming them up?  I think the Irish Hiking ones are knit like that, but by hand.  If not, there's another cable pattern that is...  But basically, you just knit a rectangle that's the length of the circumference you want, seam up from the bottom to where your thumb would go, skip an inch and a half, give or take, then seam up the very top.  Easy Peasy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #661 on: January 05, 2011 01:55:07 PM »

You guys are trying to tempt me with a new project.... I see how you are!  Naughty naughty!

I had not thought of sock yarn.. that makes sense... and I can totally make them on the knitting machine if I were able to get to it lol.  My craft room is in pitiful shape - I know, it's nothing new but seriously, it is REALLY bad right now.  I actually decided not to use pink yarn because I couldn't get to the closet.  I decided on a raspberry instead since it was physically in view.... I know.  I will eventually run out of projects that I can use the yarn that is easily gotten to then I'll have to clean the craft room ... seriously though, cleaning is on my to do list but it's a big project - I have to clean the bedroom closet to get the yard sale stuff out so that I can put my yarn stash in there so that I can refold any unproperly folded material.... sigh I think it's almost endless but I know if I break it apart in to smaller jobs, it will all happen...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Ariethine
« Reply #662 on: January 05, 2011 01:58:37 PM »

Oh man... now I want to make a granny square quilt!!! ><;; soooo cute kitty.

Those fingerless gloves don't look boring. lol 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zippecar
« Reply #663 on: January 05, 2011 02:43:37 PM »

I haven't actually sat down and made a list of my 50 for 2011, but I have sort of a mental list started. (Yeah, cause those mental lists work SO WELL Roll Eyes )

1. Finish bellydance costume for photo shoot January 22, this will come in under the wire an hour before I'm supposed to be there.
 {THANK GOODNESS FOR SAFETY PINS AND MY MOM!!!}
2. Make reusable shopping bags out of plastic-fiber mesh sort of material gleaned from kitty litter bags.
3. Make new supply of reusable menstral pads. (Tons of flannel to use up.)
4. Embroider handkercheifs for Mom's birthday.
5. Crochet afghan for Dad's birthday.
6. Crochet afghan for my birthday.
7. Assemble book shelves, paint and fill with books.
8. Immediately purchase and assemble another set of book shevles because I will be out of room on the first one.
9. Make some ATC's and participate in a swap.
10. Start my own zine.
11. Make denim "crazy quilt" out of old jeans that have accumulated around the house.
{Started during that hideous Super Bowl half-time show.}
12. Start new bellydance costume for show on May 1. (Pink or orange sherbert colors, maybe both.)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011 07:54:49 AM by zippecar » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please spay or neuter your pet!!!!
astormorray
I love looms.

just spin the yarn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #664 on: January 05, 2011 04:19:07 PM »

I love fingerless gloves!  they are as involved and complex a knitting project as I can presently handle...   Undecided  also, they're punk rock!  Grin

Oooh, zippecar, I love the idea of making oneself a birthday present!  sadly, my birthday is close on the heels of my daughter's, which is close on the heels of Christmas.  Also, I have a twin, who requires a present!  /sigh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #665 on: January 05, 2011 04:44:55 PM »

fingerless gloves for the mailman...excellent idea!!!  and I'm glad for your sanity that the rib stitchin' is finished!! Wink
Onto more projects!!! Grin
Is there a link to the crocheted version of fingerless gloves...perhaps??  I do have some sock yarn laying around... Roll Eyes  I could stitch some of those up this year for gifties!! *Is that on my list of thigs to do???*

I have a binder that my daughter used and drew on...I keep folders and paper in there for current swaps.  When it is done...I ShoUlD be filing them..but haven't.  I think I may fold them up and put them in my Junque Journal. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vampedangel14
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Easily craftstracted!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #666 on: January 05, 2011 04:46:34 PM »

I am currently working on making a kanzashi flower....this one is coming out a bit wonky as my squares aren't perfect, but it's practice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #667 on: January 05, 2011 05:09:46 PM »

Three projects finished.

Red flannel half-apron, lace placed on the pocket tonight. (ok, so I still need to snip the threads off, but I could go wash dishes in it if I felt up to it)

Crocheted fingerless gloves, nice and form fitting, very stretchy.

One hot pad, two more to go. Made entirely of stash yarn. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

evilSabina
« Reply #668 on: January 05, 2011 05:19:04 PM »

One project done. I finished painting a cabinet. I'll post pics soon.

And I love the idea of making a birthday present for myself. I've bought them for myself before, but ever made anything. Hmm... I may have to do that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
swissmcat
« Reply #669 on: January 05, 2011 05:34:52 PM »

OMG guys!!! It's taken me 3 days to catch up with all the awesome posts! I can't believe how on the ball everyone is! I just started some cloth pads today, but I seem to be suffering from some serious distraction this evening. That and the Canada's playing Russia. Try focusing on one thing during that! I also added a those wool dryer balls everyone was talking about to my list. And a bag for my yoga mat. Maybe a bag for it will make me practise more??? Tongue But back to the game and sewing....Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Our Must-Haves For Summer Hair
Pretty and Fun New Hair Colors to Try This Summer
Tips to Cutting and Styling Curly Hair
How to Do a Poolside Hairstyle
Simple Steps to a Fishtail Braid
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...