A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,871
Currently Running With Scissors:
605 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 562121 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5380 on: December 21, 2011 11:16:35 AM »

The shawl is lovely!

and what fun you had with the yarn bombing!  I bet your co-workers snagged those cuties quick!

Our township tolerates yarn bombings as long as there is no danger to the public or work for the county:  so, no, we can't do fire hydrants, public vehicles, stop signs, yield signs, telephone polls, etc.

Mostly we can do trees, fences, statues, birdbaths and advertising signs...some people take the stuff down immediately (party poopers!)...others love it! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5381 on: December 21, 2011 11:22:02 AM »

Our township tolerates yarn bombings as long as there is no danger to the public or work for the county:  so, no, we can't do fire hydrants, public vehicles, stop signs, yield signs, telephone polls, etc.

Ahh I didn't think of that. Hm well I'll have to scout out what needs a cozy around here and get to work!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #5382 on: December 21, 2011 11:29:01 AM »

SheepBlue, love the yarn bombing.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #5383 on: December 21, 2011 12:13:51 PM »

Sheepblue--I was thinking of making a bunch of washcloths and hanging them around by the city mayor's office...hee hee...kind of a hint for them to clean up government! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DawnsTrees
« Reply #5384 on: December 21, 2011 01:25:13 PM »

sheepBlue - Love the shawl - it is absolutely gorgeous! Sorry it didn't turn out exactly how you envisioned it, but it is beautiful... and the yardbombing is fantastic! I love that you get to watch what happens with it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
rockon
« Reply #5385 on: December 21, 2011 05:48:46 PM »

Everyone has posted awesome stuff!  i love the hats, shawl, dolls, the kid-and-adult collaborative crafts, and the yarn bombing especially!

My housemate and his gf had their crafts in a client craft show at the agency and made $26.  I helped them with felted bead jewelry, "crock pot" candles, magnets, and mix Cd's with original artwork covers.  The craft show didn't do as well as last year, overall, but they did OK.  They use the money to go out to supper on their anniversary.  I have some pics of them hard at work and the finished products, but have been too tired to post them -- and tonight is no exception!  I finished a dress up chest for a friend's little girls, mostly thrifted but I did make a tutu --- super fun and easy.  I have also made several dishcloths. 

Anyway, craft right on -- til 2012 and beyond!  I haven't decided how I will do my list for next year but one thing is sure -- I am counting in 2012 -- lost track early on in 2011!  I need to cast on a pair of baby socks first thing -- just found out my sis is pregnant with the first niece/nephew/grandchild in our family!  Yay

Rock on all!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
CDEeeek
« Reply #5386 on: December 21, 2011 06:41:36 PM »

And the really exciting thing I just did today! Yarn Bombing!
I've been wanting to do this all fall and winter long but have been too busy and too chicken to find a time to do it. But I finally did it just this afternoon!

My first bomb were these bearies!  Grin They are so adorable! And almost hard to part with, but it was for the greater good of sharing their cuteness with the public! Sadly I thought I had a lot more safety eyes so I'll have to pick up more before I can continue to make more but oh well. here's the link for the pattern: http://www.gleefulthings.com/blog/?p=2030

92. bearie yarn bombs Fin 12/20

Here they are on my dashboard being prepped for placement

Ok so I didn't go to some wild place to plant them. They're tied up in a tree across the street from where I work. But that way I'll be able to watch them and see how long it takes for them to be taken down. I wonder if my coworkers will be able to figure out that I put them there....there's a good chance of that.

AND then I did another one!

93. yarn bomb Fin 12/20

I started on this one back in August or September and never got the motivation to finish it until now! I wasn't able to hang it up as well as I would have liked but I'm pretty pleased with the placement. This one went on a tree next to a neighborhood subdivison, right by the road. No one saw me put this one up I dont think.

And just as a bonus a wee vine I crocheted for a past project that ended up being tossed. I figured it tie it up for fun. This one I got caught on - the lady in the van was giving me a funny look haha.

This was so much fun and I plan on driving by to see if they're still up. I think in the future though I want to go bigger and better. A little more care into the placement....I got kinda nervous someone would tell me to stop...maybe a cozy for a fire hydrant or something. Love to hear thoughts!  Grin

As someone who came upon a yarn bomb without ever having heard of one, let me just say that for me it has produced hours of musing and whimsical happiness. I took a picture of it. I made members of my family come and look at it. I petted it. I refused to leave it until our dinner reservations were almost past. I mused for hours about whether someone thought the fence post looked chilly. So, you yarn bombers, please know that you are definitely making someone's universe more comfy. I can't be the only one!  Smiley

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=388981.msg4605195#msg4605195
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011 09:35:26 AM by alwaysinmyroom - Reason: not allowed to post quote with images please » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I has a pinterest: http://pinterest.com/cdeeeek/

"It's an electronics store, Major, not Basra. Get it under control."
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5387 on: December 21, 2011 06:49:12 PM »

Thanks so much everyone! I love the idea of random public art and had to contribute! I'll for sure be adding more yarn bombing adventures to my list for 2012.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #5388 on: December 22, 2011 09:36:07 AM »

congrats rockon!  I am also looking forward to making baby things for my new GREAT nephew or niece!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #5389 on: December 22, 2011 10:44:38 AM »

Making baby stuff is FUN!

Eva (Ewulotta) received my package from the IYP so I can post photos of that stuff now! Cheesy

felt bird ornament.

little house ornament.

little bird earrings; she had very similar ones pinned on her pinterest.

slippers!

circle scarf.  (I liked it so much I made myself one too!)

And finally this skirt!  It was made from a king sized bedsheet I found at a local thrift shop.  I plan on making  myself one too; there's so much fabric left over.  It was great because I didn't have to hem the skirt at all...I just used the hem of the sheet.  Cheesy

the  back has a big bow...It is very hard to take photos of clothing you are wearing...:/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Soy Ginger Sauce Recipe
Thai Cream Sauce Recipe
Wasabi Paste Recipe
Sesame Tuna Recipe
How to Saute Sausage and Shrimp for Lumpia
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...