A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,576
Currently Running With Scissors:
771 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 519778 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

J_Kieviet
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5160 on: November 17, 2011 09:25:21 PM »

The List and Gallery would be AWESOME, perhaps a monthly gallery for each person, so then you'd only have to look at {however many people join} pages.  I know I lose track of where my previous list was so I restart, not the best plan, because I've certainly done 50 projects this year, but lost track somewhere around 35.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Mccalls 6337 sewing pattern, if you have a copy you'd be willing to share/give/sell please let me know.  The bag costs $60 and I think perhaps I could make it cheaper/
SilverMoon

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #5161 on: November 17, 2011 09:42:23 PM »

I think doing monthly gallery posts for each person would be good to cut down on the number of posts, but I'd be less motivated until the end of the month tbh.
Cutting down on the constant nattering we do would go a long way towards dropping the post number, but would also make a less fun, vibrant, thread.

I wouldn't have thought the lists would take up that much space I guess, but if we had one list post per person instead of possible multiples it could. How many people are actively doing this craftalong anyway? I'm sorry, it seems I have no constructive critisim to offer, or helpful ideas, just pooh poohing yours.  Undecided

Maybe we could split the craftalong into month or three month long threads? The chatter could then just replied to in the next thread, projects are broken up into easily "Sort by image" able chunks, and we don't have to stop being a bunch of gossipy chooks at a year long S'n'B. (meant in the nicest way possible)

Because, to be honest, what I love about this craftalong the most is that it feels like a S'n'B, only online, where I can show off my projects and blow off a little steam about real life horror stories.

Was that helpful in any way? It's so hot here today I can't think straight. 96.8F here right now - probably hotter in front of a wall of 4 computers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

J_Kieviet

« Reply #5162 on: November 17, 2011 09:56:07 PM »

Yeah, the SnB factor is a possitive, maybe a gallery for each person in one thread, and the lists and conversation, in progress could be seperate.  Then to tally points, our lovely host would only have to look at the galleries.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Mccalls 6337 sewing pattern, if you have a copy you'd be willing to share/give/sell please let me know.  The bag costs $60 and I think perhaps I could make it cheaper/
rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #5163 on: November 17, 2011 10:29:27 PM »

A separate list and gallery section is fine with me...I already do that sort of since I keep a link to my list in my signature and I update it with thumbnails.  

The lists may not take up a bunch of space but I'm sure that when they are disbursed throughout a huge thread like this, it makes it hard for alwaysinmyroom to find them.  If they were in a separate thread and there was the understanding that we should each update them, then she'd be able to see what we were up to much easier.  

I would not want a monthly gallery though.  I'd rather have a normal gallery where we post and discuss as usual.  Edited posts are not registered as new posts and I know that as much as I love seeing all the cool projects, I would not be motivated to wade through all the galleries on the hopes of seeing new stuff.  

Oh yes, my partner received her hoopla!  It was the first real embroidery I have done in a long time.  I now remember why I don't do embroidery and this was a pretty simple project....it just took so long!

« Last Edit: November 17, 2011 10:33:17 PM by rlynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #5164 on: November 18, 2011 04:14:47 AM »

I definitely think splitting things up into a lists/gallery style would work, and I also like SilverMoon's suggestion of having monthly gallery, or quarterly gallery threads in hopes of aiding further dividing and conquering.

On my personal crafting front...I have not completed anything non-swap related, and NEED to have a big push to craft for the medieval faire coming in mid-Jan.  I have almost ZERO stock for that, only like about 10 head wreaths, and MUST get some stock done.  After my 2 organized swaps and my personal swaps, I HAVE TO stop swapping except for STS or I will NOT be ready in time!  I can't craft at work anymore, they've instated a 'rule' about doing 'non-work' stuff at our desks while on the phones, not even coloring!  So, no way I'm gonna risk a write-up over sewing on some buttons or something Tongue  Crafting for circa 40min on each 1hr lunch a day is about all I get at work now...so it's slow going on any project, as I can't seem to find enough time at home to work on anything either!  I'll likely come up with 30-40 head wreaths as my last push to finish 50 projects for the year like I did last year or the year before...I forget...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #5165 on: November 18, 2011 06:47:49 AM »

I have no intention of taking away any of the fun we have here by commenting and sharing our crafts and our lives!

I also did not want a gallery for each person...just post your projects normally--the "gallery" is only if you want to post images on your list for your own purposes...

I would use the first few posts to put in the member with a link to the page where they put their list...I don't know about you guys, but if I did not have it in my signature, I would never be able to find my list Cheesy

I would also post news, challenges, etc.

It would be sort of like the birthday swap...one thread for the list of participants and a link to their list...

A gallery/discussion to post your projects, comment, share, etc. This is what I would use to tally up the projects for the prizes, do the random post prizes, etc.  Just like we are doing now...

Does this make more sense?  Your comments are greatly appreciated...this is your/our craftster...I want to make it a fun and enjoyable experience for all...I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #5166 on: November 18, 2011 07:51:31 AM »

That sounds great, alwaysinmyroom.  It is also pretty much what I'm doing so it will be an easy transition and no, I would not be able to find  my list if it weren't in my signature.  Wink  I also really like the idea of having a central location to find your updates. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #5167 on: November 18, 2011 08:07:48 AM »

I posted the proposed format in the craftalong at the top...one of my 50 projects is to make a swap journal...I will use part of it to keep up with all of the craftalongs Cheesy

rlynn--almost missed your hoop!  How cute is the heart on the tree!...I like how you did your tree...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011 08:09:24 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #5168 on: November 18, 2011 09:12:46 AM »

I posted the proposed format in the craftalong at the top...one of my 50 projects is to make a swap journal...I will use part of it to keep up with all of the craftalongs Cheesy

rlynn--almost missed your hoop!  How cute is the heart on the tree!...I like how you did your tree...

Thanks, Alwaysinmyroom!  Cheesy

By the way, I took a look and I really like the idea.  I especially like that this will make it far easier to locate your updates.  If you aren't on here everyday you can easily miss them and then its near impossible to locate them.  Cheesy 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissKerouac
I'm a bum, but not the cool Dharma kind.

only dead fish swim with the stream

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5169 on: November 18, 2011 10:57:45 AM »

Love the hoopla! Very pretty.

I like the idea of maybe doing it in chunks of 3 month periods. I like having the lists mixed in with pictures mixed in with chatter. It flows nice.

Silvermoon no bragging that it's too hot where you live, we had our first snow fall last night (a decent size) and I am none to pleased about it  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you were happy every day of your life you wouldn't be a human being, you'd be a talk show host." -Heathers-
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
ICB by Prabal Gurung Proves Static Hair Can Be Chic and Sexy
How to Do a Messy Faux Bob
Full, Loose Curls at Desigual Fall 2014 NYFW
DIY at Home Mask for Dry Scalp and Hair
How to Rock Bangs Without Making a Big Cut
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...