A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 305,874
Currently Running With Scissors:
534 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 721095 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Make all the Things!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5100 on: November 04, 2011 07:29:38 AM »

Love your rug!  So colorful and the shape is great!

Cute clothing as well...nice that you get two totally different looks from one pattern!

Butler?  I attended classes at Butler when I lived in Indy! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #5101 on: November 04, 2011 02:46:23 PM »

Heck yes Butler!  Bulldog for life here; I loved my four years there! I'm seriously considering moving back to Indy after I finish grad school...but that's a long ways off yet.  Wink I also just realized both the Kwik Sew shirts I made are orange- it's weird because those are probably the only two orange shirts I own. Hmmm...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #5102 on: November 05, 2011 12:02:41 AM »

I made two fabric 'plastic bag' holders last week.  I started off using a tutorial and then just did it my own way... 

Tonight I made a scrappy cuff and a scrappy flower brooch as Sweat Shoppe Swap offerings.  Cheesy

I seriously need to switch gears and work on holiday gifts.  Eep.  I can already tell I'll be joining the last minute holiday craftalong.  *sigh*  Heh.

I'm originally from Indy, but I'm a Pacific NW gal to the core now.  Wild horses couldn't drag me from Portland...the economy sure tried though. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5103 on: November 05, 2011 10:55:52 AM »

Hello all!  Cheesy Life has been chaotic to say the least and will be for a few more months I think.

But even admist all of the chaos, I have managed to finish two things. Does it matter that one of these projects took me over a year to finish?

First, a little hat I crocheted for the local Christmas Store charity. I count this as two projects since I used up a single stash skein of yarn that would not otherwise be used.

Cushions for the seats of our casual dinning room chairs. These are all locker hooked and have used up somewhere around 12 to 15 yards of stash fabric. Oh it feels so good to be free of stash and have an actual finished object!

This is all four getting ready to be Scotch Gaurded because the backing used for most locker hooking unglues after a few washes.

I hope to have two more projects done by Christmas, but am not holding my breath at this time.

Love reading what every one is making here. Keep it up!

Oh, and special shout-out to AIMR. You so rock.  Wink

Edited to take out extra photo.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2011 10:58:03 AM by rottenlittleboys » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet

^Sushi. My problem child.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5104 on: November 05, 2011 05:30:35 PM »

fishstix43  I LOVE your rug! The colors look great.

rynn your scrappy cuff is very pretty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lozzieozzie

CAUTION!! Crazy cat lady approaching!!

View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: November 06, 2011 06:44:50 AM »

OMG you guys work at a rate of knots! I've only just caught up.

I've been a bit MIA recently - with all the crappiness going on I appear to have lost my crafting mojo  Cry

I fiiiinally have internet, so will post pics soon, and I'm nearing the end of the dreaded coursework woohoo!  Grin (we don't mention all the unpacking still to do  Roll Eyes), so hopefully my time will be my own again soon.

I have pics of socks and skirt to post (not worn together I might add!), along with a scarf for myself I've finished, but I've done nothing else, and the list of things is mounting up - in my moments of prolonged madness I appear to have agreed to make all manner of things, and I honestly don't reckon that I'm going to get them all done in time for Crimbo.

My masterplan was to catch up on craftster, and be thoroughly shamed by all you guys' hard work, which would give me the royal kick up the 'harris' I need, except now I think I'm just totally overwhelmed (and a wee bit frightened!)! Maybe I need to utilise Always' 'teaser' concept - just don't think I have that many cards!!  Shocked

Sorry for not naming all of the lurverly things, but it would just take too long, so rest easy in the knowledge that
a) it's all amazing
b) it's a damn site more than I have done!!

x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You're about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest
Rowan Atkinson
SilverMoon
Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #5106 on: November 06, 2011 01:09:18 PM »

Whipped up another Twizzler hat last week, but forgot to post it. It was a last minute gift for Master Seven to take to a birthday party because he couldn't tell me what she wanted earler, apart from $30 and $40 dolls.

When I was making it, I decided I'd better retire this pattern for a bit, because while it looks impressive, it's actually quite simple and repetitive. I'm getting bored with them, even though they only take a night or two to whip up.

And then DP tells me when he got home from the party that the birthday girl's mother wants one... *le sigh*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥ Susan

Pinterest
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Make all the Things!

« Reply #5107 on: November 06, 2011 06:12:59 PM »

You should try the Divine hat...it is a nice interesting pattern involving back post stitches...and it makes a nice swirl pattern...!  I do love that hat, though...I might switch up and try that one, silvermoon!

RLB--your chair pads look like lovely slices of citrus fruit!  They look very cushy as well!

Rlynn--scrappy projects always seem to be popular!  I also like the bag holders.

lozzieozzie--don't get overwhelmed...you can only do one project at a time anyway, and you can't force creativity!  Just enjoy the process and when you can't make anything, browse the threads and do a little project!

I want everyone to know I have not forgotten the two challenges winners...I have lost my "maintenance" mojo and need to go through all the posts--ugh!

But, I will work on it before Christmas and for the rest of the year, anyone who posts will be in a random drawing for a prize...anything goes!!!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5108 on: November 06, 2011 06:19:31 PM »

Gosh, I feel like I've been so absent on craftster lately - I check in religiously but have had very little energy to throw in a comment or two. Soooo many awesome projects. I just finished a big paper for my art history class and I feel like I might have finally jumped a big hurdle that's been so much stress this semester. But back to the crafting! I have some finished stuff I need to get around to getting pictures of - some though are xmas presents and a few might be spied on here so I'll wait til after they're received to post.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SilverMoon
Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #5109 on: November 06, 2011 06:34:19 PM »

You should try the Divine hat...it is a nice interesting pattern involving back post stitches...and it makes a nice swirl pattern...!  I do love that hat, though...I might switch up and try that one, silvermoon!

Haha! That's the next one in my queue! Is it quick? I don't have a huge pressing need for hats, but they make great last minute gifts... if they don't take a week to make!

Speaking of things that work up quick, does anyone have a quick blanket pattern, or alternatively know of an Australia place that takes squares for blankets? I don't think I can afford to post overseas, and this months charity challenge for Nerd Wars is blankets or blankets squares.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥ Susan

Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Make Southern Shrimp and Grits
How to Create an Easy Brunch Pancake Bar
Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe
How to Make Shrimp-Stuffed Creole Tomatoes
Bobby Flay’s Nacho Dogs
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Summer Hat
Hedgies!
Meatless Monday: Bean Burgers

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...