A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,321
Currently Running With Scissors:
311 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 599815 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

that1girl
never not crafting

crafting for the fun of it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5040 on: October 24, 2011 06:49:08 AM »

thank you both
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yofi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5041 on: October 24, 2011 09:45:47 AM »

So many wonderful things!  I love the whale and the dinosaur is grooovy....

The tuffet is great -- I can imagine my cats would love a perch like that.  And those hats are great. The blue one is beautiful and the rainbow is so happy-looking!

I'm still slogging thru catching up from fund drive, but I went down to my parents this weekend and got a little knitting done.  (I think I took every single project I'm currently working on with me, and before I left this morning sat down and did 20 rows on my mothers scarf for the Special Olympics...)

46. A Christmas cowl
Started and finished this this weekend, and I love it!  A fun pattern on size 10 needles, and it took about half a skein of nice $7 yarn.  This will be an Xmas present for a firend who has all these shades of blue in her eyes, but I think Ill be making several more of them for other people.

47. Elf boots
This is such a fun pattern; you essentially knit a strip of six squares, with two additional squares of to either side.  Then you sew them up like assembling origami, felt them, and then poof! thick, wooly, warm bedroom slippers!  Because you felt them, they start out huuuuuge.  The yellow and green ones, pre-felting, were literally the size of shoeboxes.  Now theyre about a size 8.  Took longer to knit that I expected; Im scaling back my initial declaration that I was going to make them for every person I know

And Im still working on this jacket, for the daughter of a friend.  Im under the gun, tho Ive just been invited to her 2nd birthday party two weeks from now.  Its one of the more ambitious projects Ive undertaken, and I love the pattern.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2011 09:47:59 AM by yofi » THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Your life is what you make of it

« Reply #5042 on: October 24, 2011 11:07:24 AM »

Yofi--love the felted wool slippers!

Hope you get the lovely sweater done in time!  Sometimes when I can't make a deadline, I roll up a piece of the yarn and make a card...Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #5043 on: October 24, 2011 12:38:55 PM »

Yofi--love the felted wool slippers!

Hope you get the lovely sweater done in time!  Sometimes when I can't make a deadline, I roll up a piece of the yarn and make a card...Cheesy

I agree.  Love those felted wool slippers!  Cheesy

And alwaysinmyroom, I am totally stealing that idea.  ...but with fabric, since I'm not a yarnie.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

« Reply #5044 on: October 24, 2011 01:22:23 PM »

ha ha I have done that, too!  You can make a cute bookmarker with the fabric as a tease...and a promise to get it done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockon
« Reply #5045 on: October 25, 2011 11:05:44 AM »

*** Warning lots of pictures!***

Hi everyone!  I started a full-time job (on top of full time school and full-time care taking) in July and have been lurking here with no contribution since then, in awe of the crafty creativity and feeling guilty that I had nothing to post . . . and then over the past little while I have been on a crafting binge!  So now I have some pics.  I have long since abandoned my list (though I think next year I will do monthly mini-lists like some of you!)  and I have no idea what number I am on but vow to keep track better from here on!  Okay, so here are my projects of late:

I made a large set of serial killer marble magnets for a weird friend (I dreamt about serial killers for a week after -- now some need repair so I am gearing up for nightmares!)

Two smaller sets of marble magnet pics of a friend's niece and nephew for her and mom for Thanksgiving hostess gifts:

A WIP sock:

Three scarves (the start of scarves for my team at work for CHristmas):

And the tour-de-force -- turning the man i care for into Sonny Bono for Halloween!:

The Sonny Bono costume almost put me over the edge -- I am not a great seamstress, so it is wonky, but that makes it even more hilarious.  The wig is made from yarn and a hair highlighting cap.  Took for freaking ever.  He loves it though, and it is so funny it makes it worth it.  Now to make his gf into Cher before Saturday night . . . pics to follow!

Thanks for the ongoing inspiration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anitacj
wist:anitacj77

View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: October 25, 2011 11:25:50 AM »

I have no idea what number I'm on.But I made about 20 gift tags out of junk mail.Still have to do the "To ___ and From ___ on the back.Then do something on the front.Don't have any idea what to do about the front,but  something will come to me.(I hope) Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

look at wists for my likes & dislikes
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

« Reply #5047 on: October 25, 2011 12:26:59 PM »

rockon--that is one hilarious costume!!  I swear I knew immediately who it was!!!  The pants are just the best...omg--plaid and bell bottomed!!

gift tags out of junk mail sounds like a great recycle project...I save old Christmas cards for that...I should get going on them soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockon
« Reply #5048 on: October 25, 2011 01:36:16 PM »

Thanks, always!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady4feet
« Reply #5049 on: October 26, 2011 02:31:07 PM »

Deeder your toadstool looks so comfy.

Yofi I love the elf slippers. I need to make some slippers for my husband I wonder if he would like these?

rockon go you for still finding time for craftiness even being so busy. The costume cracked me up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ultimate Comfort Food: How to Make Shrimp & Grits
How to Use Holiday Leftovers in New Meals
Pumpkin-Stuffed Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
How to Make 2 Sweet and Savory Brunch Dishes
Comfort Food: Hearty Farro, Sausage & Kale Stew
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mother's Day Fridge Clip
Robin crafts! Hello spring!
I Scream, You Scream...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...