A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 306,069
Currently Running With Scissors:
392 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 547
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 729255 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

skittlebub
« Reply #4770 on: September 16, 2011 02:10:07 PM »

I love the shawl! Such bright colors
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 things 2013

I have a new postal address. PM me if you need it - 3/16/12
fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: September 16, 2011 03:10:26 PM »

Did manage to finish one small thing, a pincushion that attaches to my sewing machine.  This way I won't have to go looking for my pincushion which is inevitably on the other side of the house when I want to actually sew a seam!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4772 on: September 16, 2011 04:02:26 PM »

Thanks guys for the sweet comments! I love love love color so it makes sense that it comes out a lot in my crafts  Cheesy Glad other people like it too.

Here's one more from my list I can finally post  Wink

77. tiny book swap Fin 9/5

I made a tiny book for Noooooo who is awesome and epic. She loves Halloween and I was in the mood for something seasonal I guess haha. Here's a few highlights

And a link to the actual post so I don't clog up the thread  Smiley
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=390927.0

THIS ROCKS   Logged

waggonswest

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4773 on: September 16, 2011 05:18:44 PM »

Sheep, you amaze me.  That book is incredible.  I look at your colorful projects and want to throw my stash away and start over again. 

J-K.  I'm with always on this one... you are a total craft machine with all the stuff you manage to make.  Wow.

Skittle,  I love the Christmas themed stuff.  I haven't gotten up the nerve to try embroidery on towels yet.  Yours look fantastic!

Fish, that pincushion is a great idea.  Does it have elastic in the band or is it 'fitted'?

Always, I love your hungry monsters.  I was thinking about joining that swap, but the timing was wrong.  Now I really wish I'd been able to play.  The hat is great as well!

On a side note, I seem to recall someone looking for/collecting food fabrics.  I just saw a charm pack on sale at Missouri Star called Farmer's Market.  It was all fruits and vegetables and one that looked like worms but it couldn't be really could it?  http://www.missouriquiltco.com/bargain-bin/quilting-supplies-on-sale/farmers-market-charm-pack-by-rjr-fabrics-sku-7400-001.html  (No affiliation just vaguely remember a discuss here or on the 11 quilts thread.)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
skittlebub
« Reply #4774 on: September 16, 2011 10:18:53 PM »

WW- I hoop tear-away stabilizer, then use double sided tape around the edges to stick the towel to it, Then I pin the plastic-y water soluble stabilizer on top. It's a bit of fiddling but worth the effort. If you don't have WSS on the top you get loops of towel coming through the embroidery.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 things 2013

I have a new postal address. PM me if you need it - 3/16/12
DawnsTrees
« Reply #4775 on: September 16, 2011 11:07:58 PM »

Wow.

sheepBlue -  That book is amazing and I adore that shawl! (I think that is all I should say. I don't want you uncomfortable with me gushing admiration at you. But realize, I could gush. Smiley

J_K.  I also get exhausted reading your lists. 10 dozen muffins? really? I can honestly say that I probably haven't made 10 dozen muffins in my whole life. Smiley

Skittlebub -  That skirt is adorable!

Fishstix - I think that I really need one of these for my house - I found a straight pin in my carpet today...

Always - your hungry monsters are adorable! I want to hand out tissues from a monster!!!

Ffrogg526 - love that dragon! Your partners must have been thrilled!

SilverMoon - I hope that your niece loves her gifts! I love how personalized your gifts always seem to be!

I am sorry if I missed other fantastic posts! This board sometimes moves so fast when I am busy with the boring, non-craftster parts of life!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

I am so bored! Crafting boredom...HELP!

« Reply #4776 on: September 17, 2011 10:08:27 AM »

waggonswest...ha ha the "worms" in that line are actually beans...jenniegram in the 11 quilts was looking for food fabrics to use for a jar quilt...I sent her fat quarters of most of the ones she had on her wish list (I also collect food fabrics for no reason)...I seem to buy one yard of fabric so I had plenty to pass on...she might need some more... Smiley I would post your sale on that thread as well!

sheepblue--love your newest cut out book!

I am also loving those machine pincushions...how are they attached??
I have that fabric and wanted to do a whole set of sewing things, including a thread/scrap catcher...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: September 17, 2011 03:43:27 PM »

Well, I had originally planned to use velcro on the strap, but ended up just measuring and putting a button and buttonhole like so.. (You can't really see the buttonhole too well because it's in white thread)

So it just buttons around the machine.  I won't be able to afford a new machine anytime soon, so I wasn't worried about making it adjustable or anything.  Also I need practice with buttonholes so this was a good excuse. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

J_Kieviet
« Reply #4778 on: September 17, 2011 08:24:13 PM »

We had an awesome rally, lots of left overs, but better that than not enough.  pictures soon, and no worries - my hair and make-up was not to much - pink pig tails, hearts on my cheeks, I didn't get pictures at rally, but I will get some when I get everything unpacked.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for the free row by row patterns.  If you are able to get me one from your town I will paypal you $2 for postage.
rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #4779 on: September 18, 2011 10:57:31 AM »

Well I'm back after a HUGE hiatus from Craftster.  I had comps exams for my PhD program to contend with...of course school is about to start again so I'm sure I'll be off and on as things get busy.  Anyhow, I am obviously not going to reach 50 unless I start including my craft swapping...which is what I plan on doing.  I still have a list of about 30 more personal crafting to do; the remaining 20 will probably be filled in as I make stuff for partners.  It'll make me feel better.  Heh. 

Anyhow, here is what I have managed to do since my hiatus.

4. rainbow tutu for Aria

link to its little space on craftster.org - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=391006.msg4630403#msg4630403

7. Ponyo dress for Aria - this one is completed but I haven't taken photos yet...

15. Wedding Banner for Dagny

So, I'm sitting at 5 completed crafts right now.  So sad.  We'll see what I can in the last remaining 3 months or so.  I did complete 3 OWS swap items last week that I will be adding to my list after they've been received.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 547 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Your Dog Oughta Be In Pictures
Meatless Monday: Spicy White Bean Dip
And the sun is still here...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...