A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 301,527
Currently Running With Scissors:
733 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 574927 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4580 on: August 23, 2011 10:46:39 AM »

still count it as part of your 10! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4581 on: August 23, 2011 11:45:22 AM »

I think I'll hit 10 by the end of September!  Grin There will also be a couple of fall items too though I doubt I'll be able to post pictures since they're for a personal swap.

I have been a busy bee today! I did a couple more things I had on my to-do list.

70. shop TM bag Fin 8/23

My new goal is to make at least 1 TM item for my etsy shop and I finally got around to making a bag! That I have no intention of giving away haha. It's really hard not to though.

There's more detailed pictures on my blog if anyone wants to check it out.

71. experiment with dyeing Fin 8/23

This so so exciting!!!! Though I don't actually have pictures yet  Roll Eyes The yarn I dyed with koolaid and is hanging in my shower now drying. I need to run out the store now to get more colors so I can make some more! I've been so intimidated by this for so long but it was really really easy! Now to be a little neater with my "painting" haha. I kinda just sloshed the water around oops.

72. shop TM cuffs Fin 8/23

This is a new thing I'm trying out; the cuffs turned out a little big but they'd fit a medium to largish wrist, or they can be used as a mug/cup cozy!  Cheesy I'm going to have to make some smaller panels to make wrist cuffs on a smaller size.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

DawnsTrees
« Reply #4582 on: August 23, 2011 01:16:44 PM »

sheepBlue - another gorgeous bag! I love the cuffs! I had thought that when I finally convinced myself to try some TM style that a cuff would be a great way to start - now I am sure of it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

« Reply #4583 on: August 23, 2011 01:25:24 PM »

I actually made something for me!!
I had a bunch of scraps left from the quilt I made for Faux_valentine for the Make a Friend swap. I Love those colors and my duvet and shams are a white brocade, so I thought I would make an accent pillow!! I didn't have wide enough black pieces, so I used my old stand by - skulls!
I used Cluck Cluck Sew's sprocket pillow tutorial and template. http://www.cluckclucksew.com/2011/03/tutorial-sprocket-pillows.html (BTW how do I make that hyperlink as the words?? no just the url?)

Here is the pillow in its glory

A close up

the reverse

I LOVE LOVE LOVE how it turned out. I may need to be making more for various holidays!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lozzieozzie

CAUTION!! Crazy cat lady approaching!!

View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: August 23, 2011 02:02:15 PM »

Hi guys, hope everyone's OK.

Redstar - looooove that pillow! It's fab! pattern is bookmarked! I have some leftover skully material I might mix up with hot pink for it.

Sheepblue - lovin' the blog! You're all logo'd up it's so exciting! I saw that gnome hoopla on the fake swap craftalong (I think? maybe wrong), and it gets even cooler every time I see it!

I have finished a few projects off, putting me at 32/50 so I have pics!

I have made a ruffle scarf for my mum's birthday

Full post here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=388966.0

I also made her a frosted wine glass (couldn't even manage to get a semi-decent photo):

I'm hesitant to give this it's own post, as I think it's a bit, well... crappity.
I didn't have the right stuff to make the stencil out of, so I used double sided tape - people don't do this!!
Everything was OK until I had to peel it off, and it took loads of the frosting with it, but then I couldn't get it off the sodding glass! Cue hours of scrubbing with windowlene and cotton buds. End results: I don't like it, but my mum says she does, which is the important thing.

Pic of all her goodies together (minus the malteasers!) with the handmade gift bag. Blatant advertising, as I knew she was taking it back to work!  Grin

I've finished off a crochet scarf for my friends birthday (three weeks early - what's going on?!)

Full post here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=388967.0

I love this, I wanna keep it!

I've also finished off crochet socks for the same friend's birthday:

Full post here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=388968.0

I've got to go away for a few days, and I need to take something to stave off the boredom, so may make a start on a starghan for myself this time. Things are a bit tough at the moment, so I'm trying to make an effort to do nice things for myself.

Take care guys

x

ETA - Redstar, I've just looked properly, and you've actually used skulls! It looks even better now I've noticed that  Wink
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011 02:05:47 PM by lozzieozzie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

You're about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest
Rowan Atkinson
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #4585 on: August 23, 2011 02:17:02 PM »

Lozzie--You have been busy!  That shawl is gorgeous!  Love how lacy it is!

Also, socks...and a ruffly scarf!  Yarn goodness!

lozzie--have you seen the spider web afghan?  It is just the coolest thing to crochet...one of the mods is doing it in Spiderman colors...I would love to do it in Halloween colors!

sheepblue--your pillow purses and cuffs are so colorful...you should try making some headbands using that style (ha ha I have one on my head as I type... Cheesy)...they are comfy and colorful...some girl offered me $35 for it!!  I got her name and will see if I am in the mood to make another one... (probably not...but I could point her to a store Wink )

I also have that pillow pinned!  It is such an interesting mix of fabrics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lozzieozzie

View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: August 23, 2011 02:31:56 PM »

thanx always! I can't seem to find a pattern on craftster. Wait - there's a world outside craftster?? Oh, right, hang on, brb...

I've found this - is this it? Cos if it is, great recommendation, I love it!!

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/spiderweb-baby-afghan

The only thing is, I'm a complete ravelry idiot - how do I get the pattern?? Obv. when I'm logged in, but I can't work out how to actually *get it*??

Help??  I want it!! (enter spoilt pout here!)

x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rowan Atkinson
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #4587 on: August 23, 2011 02:38:01 PM »

I got it off a free blog--let me find it--brb

TA-DA!!  Courtesy of our wonderful crochet moderator, fantasticmio!!! and also with the permission of the blogger!

Here's the pattern: http://stitchnfrog.blogspot.com/2009/07/superhero-dream-catcher-afghan.html

"There's an error, but it's an easy one to fix, I think. She missed the first round of black. If you want to try it, do a round of black by doing "sc, ch2, sc" in the ch2 spaces, and do a sc in every stitch of the previous round except the two in the middle of each valley. (It'll make sense when you get there!)"

« Last Edit: August 23, 2011 02:43:24 PM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #4588 on: August 23, 2011 02:42:15 PM »

I inserted the error as well--print the pattern and then put in the fix or else you will miss the first round of the web!!  I believe it is between round 5 and 6 and all the webs are just one round...but you can do it how you like! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lozzieozzie

View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: August 23, 2011 02:50:53 PM »

haha - that's hilarious!! I was on COMPLETELY the wrong kinda thing!

Thank you - i've got it now to print tomorrow (with your fixes)! Except in 10 mins, I've managed to find about 5 others I want to do too! Think I'll take them all, and do whatever the fancy takes me.

thanks so much Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rowan Atkinson
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Navigate the Workspace in Adobe After Effects Lesson 3
How to Navigate the Workspace in Adobe After Effects Lesson 2
How to Navigate the Workspace in Adobe After Effects Lesson 1
How to Create a Title Screen with After Effects
How to Create a Title Screen in After Effects
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...