A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,532
Currently Running With Scissors:
488 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 535392 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ffrogg526
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3810 on: June 11, 2011 10:19:27 AM »

I'm also posting an update on my rainbow skirt!  I decided that Indigo was never going to happen...  It would take me FOREVER to find enough different cotton prints to make an entire tier so I combined Indigo and Purple to get me a step closer to having a finished skirt!!  Cheesy 

Now - I have to finish Violet (need 29 more squares) and Black (need 10 more squares).  I may try to finish both of those tiers this weekend by using duplicates of some fabrics.

And here's the fun picture...  where all the tiers of the skirt puddle on the floor as I lay them out across the kitchen counter.  yay!    Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shan-E-bear

I don't DO Normal

View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: June 11, 2011 11:19:25 AM »

VeRy awesome ffrogg!
Looks like besides my date with my 3 yr old nephew I get a nice crafting day to myself (read husband not pushing for house/ yard work) always my favorite days, especially as the sun is refusing to come out here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check me out!! I was featured on Geekcrafts.com!

50 Crafts in 2011 60!/50

I went wisting!!
musiclady

with enough caffine, I could rule the world

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3812 on: June 11, 2011 12:32:01 PM »

I've been away from craftster for a while -- but I've still been working on my list!

Super excited that so far this year, I've finished knitting a pair of socks each month!  I'm on my June socks now, pretty light green ones, that I will probably get to keep for myself.

Rainbow socks for DD

Shawl for sis's birthday

Cardigan for DD

I also got completed (but can't find pictures right now) a shawl for DD, socks for my mom, socks for me, and some of DD's summer clothes - pj pants, a dress, and a shorts/tank outfit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3813 on: June 11, 2011 02:35:56 PM »

Oh wow musiclady. I am feeling proud of myself for being on my fourth pair of socks, forget sixth.  Wink

How do you like the feel of those rainbow socks? I have just finished a cowl from that yarn and it seems like it would have no memory or give.  But lots of people are making socks from it. And it is both so pretty and so nice and cool to the touch. Great for summer socks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lozzieozzie

CAUTION!! Crazy cat lady approaching!!

View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: June 11, 2011 04:08:56 PM »

Fiiiiiinally, pics! Nothing very interesting, but at least it's proof!

First off, number 40, the starghan!

Full post here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=382750.0

No. 41, Front garden, done!! I don't have any before pictures, but trust me - total 'Shameless' scene - I was totally embarrassed!

No. 43 - Adult learners week at work - we made crochet flowers! Interestingly shaped, 'exotic' flowers, but flowers nonetheless! and it to say it was their first time ever doing anything remotely like that, I was quite proud of them!

I don't have any pics of no.30, home made stamp, as it was reaaaaally hard to take a picture of!

There are also no pics of No. 42 yet, as although the whole house may be painted, it's CERTAINLY not unpacked, so I'm not quite prepared to share the chaos, lol!

And finally, the reason why crafting has been going sooo slow - I'm tacking the main jungle - slowly slowly digging up the back garden, primarily to get the veggies in quick before it's too late - you can see the pegged out square on the second pic. It's so so hard going - I think there's enough bricks and glass in the garden to build a second house!!!
Jungle before (also before rain - the nettles were past shoulder height when i was chopping them down!!)

And mid progress: will count this as a project, but only when its a lot closer to finished

I'm off now to check my list to see if there's anything I feel like tackling - I seem to have lost my crafty mojo at the moment - think it's not having all my stuff EXACTLY as I want it  Cry

x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You're about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest
Rowan Atkinson
musiclady

with enough caffine, I could rule the world

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3815 on: June 11, 2011 07:40:32 PM »

lozzieozzie, that starghan is AWESOME!

rottenlittleboys, the yarn was ok.  Not much stretch at all, made the heel a bit difficult.  I thought I was going to break my needles!  But the yarn is so soft!  Smiley  I have more of it because I got it on sale, but I'm not sure that I will be making it into socks.  Or if I do, I might do them at a bit looser gauge.  We'll see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3816 on: June 11, 2011 07:57:56 PM »

I celebrated International Yarn Bombing Day today (Which was on my list)

Here in my neck of the woods in Maine the only way to do this right is on the back of a Kubota  Tongue I did my street sign so I could monitor it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ffrogg526
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3817 on: June 12, 2011 07:08:59 AM »

International Yarn Bombing Day??  I had no idea that this even existed.  I like that you yarn bombed your street sign.  That's awesome. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3818 on: June 12, 2011 10:05:39 AM »

International Yarn Bombing Day??  I had no idea that this even existed.  I like that you yarn bombed your street sign.  That's awesome. Cheesy
Thank You Smiley It's actually the first annual holiday so it's not widely known yet. It was also World Wide Knit in Public Day, but I had a Lobster Cookout to attend so I didn't get to be out in public really.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onceinlovewithAmy
« Reply #3819 on: June 12, 2011 02:17:22 PM »

How was it difficult? I find most varieties of felt to be a pleasure to work and embroider with.

Felt is so versatile and so darn cute!

I worked with felt for the first time this week....so painful. Is there an easy way to embroider it?
Trying to embroider straight on it, I could not get nice neat wording no matter how hard I tried. I used various strands of floss. Do you need to use a stabilizer? Should I have used a tapestry needle instead of a normal needle?
I don't have anywhere near this much trouble with the fabrics I usually use
I haven't had any problems with it, either. I just do a normal stitch--whatever stitch I want to do, and using a normal needle. I haven't had any trouble. Was the felt really low quality? What problem were you having? Was the floss pulling through or something? I always use felt from Michael's and it's usually pretty good quality and doesn't give me any trouble.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Linda Ronstadt Talks About Her Career and New Memoir
Dwayne Ballen: What Are You Reading?
Author Nicholas Sparks LIVE
Psychiatrist Pens Psychological Thriller Romance Novel
Carolyn Dalgliesh Talks About the Sensory Child Gets Organized
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...