A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,556
Currently Running With Scissors:
655 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 535553 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kwiltykate
« Reply #3780 on: June 08, 2011 04:58:29 AM »

this is a great idea!  I was wondering though..is the fabric touching the metal that goes into the wall?  It kinda looks like it...would that start a fire?

I had someone on my facebook point that out too! It wasnt touching the metal bits (and wasnt charging the phone i was using as a prop for the pic) ... I definately dont want a fire hazard in my living room!

So I made another one, added a stiff interfacing to the felt, and a larger opening for the plug Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2JC4life
« Reply #3781 on: June 08, 2011 06:16:47 AM »

I looove the fabrics in that quilt.  (And am impressed by the embroidery.)

And the afghan - way to go on having it finished on time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3782 on: June 08, 2011 06:26:49 AM »

What a nice gift for your dad!  It is HUGE!

rantyhippie--I love the batiks and the colors!  I vote for layout #3 as well...it has the best movement...

kwiltykate--I like your new and improved design...I am going to redo my eyeglass case because it is too soft as well...nothing like interfacing to improve a project Cheesy

RLM--those fabrics for Halloween are great! You could use the July Holiday/Christmas challenge as a goal to get it done in time!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
MissKerouac
I'm a bum, but not the cool Dharma kind.

only dead fish swim with the stream

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3783 on: June 08, 2011 08:20:04 AM »

Thanks guys, I figured he can put the afghan in the camper. Make his bed in there "manly-er" lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you were happy every day of your life you wouldn't be a human being, you'd be a talk show host." -Heathers-
RetroGypsy
« Reply #3784 on: June 08, 2011 08:20:46 AM »

Oh my goodness...I don't see a "fail" here at all!! This really is awesome!!  Remember that you are your worst critic...I know I am mine.  Wink

Comment from alwaysinmyroom: ha ha I could not figure out what the heck this comment was for...it seemed so random!  I do believe the comment was intended for sheepblue's embroidery! Let me know if this is not correct...

ha ha This thread moves so super fast that anyone trying to comment from the "recent with Pics" is going to get lost! Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011 09:15:13 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlmostDawn
« Reply #3785 on: June 08, 2011 10:19:28 AM »

Oh my goodness....soooooooooooo much to catch up on.

My computer kinda started smoking a little over a month ago. I'd been using my DH's to keep up with swaps and stuff but didn't have time to check into this thread.

I've got a new laptop now (yay!) so I can try and get caught up. I don't even *know* where to begin commenting. So much awesome stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.sewallegorical.com

Stalking me?: http://pinterest.com/allegorical/

50 in 2011: 14/50
Sketchbook Project 2012: Untitled
AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3786 on: June 08, 2011 01:16:39 PM »

I am getting ready for this Saturday for International Yarn Bombing Day. Measured and almost done preparing. I live in a small town of less than 600 in Maine. Yarn bombing doesn't really exist here(actually I don't even think it does in Maine in general), so it is extra exciting to see what happens. It is also World Wide Knit in Public Day. Anybody celebrating one or both?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cursive_queen
« Reply #3787 on: June 08, 2011 01:54:22 PM »

I realized I hadn't posted what I did in March/April/May.  It wasn't much.

Made a mini top had from scratch for kiddo... but I can't find the pics at the moment.

Did the Doctor Who Whoopla swap.  The white parts glow in the dark, but I wasn't able to get them to photograph and my partner never bothered to post pictures, so that was sort of disappointing.

I also did the Anime Swap  This was my first knitted hat and was a challenge (I also made a simple shirt and clay jewelry)

5th Grade graduation dress for younger stepdaughter (also counts as a destash project - yay!)

And a baby quilt
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=369132.msg4520931#msg4520931

My goals for June are
Start a scrappy quilt - inspired by Scrappy Sue
Finish Scott Pilgrim cross stitch
finish quilted wall hanging for Baby L
Finish Japanese quilt that I sent to my SiL for quilting (she got a long arm for mothers day!)

16/50
THIS ROCKS   Logged
onceinlovewithAmy
« Reply #3788 on: June 08, 2011 03:05:49 PM »

Here are a few of the things I've made since I last posted pictures--mostly stuff for my shop, though I REALLY need to get working on some of the stuff I wanted to make DH for his birthday next month.

Made three sets of these--hair clips! They're SO cute and I think I'm going to have to make some for myself to keep.

Business card holders--made four of them for my shop, and a fifth for myself to hold my own biz cards.

Felt tea wallets--made five of these for the shop.

I LOVE these ones! Set of picture frames, also for the shop. Though when I finished making them I looked them and was like, "Aw, can I keep 'em?"

Felt camera stuffy, also for the shop. I cut out another one and have every intention of sewing it together, but I'm kind of torn--thinking about not making a stuffy out of it. Thinking of making a camera pouch out of it instead, but I'm not sure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3789 on: June 09, 2011 07:10:36 AM »

Felt is so versatile and so darn cute!

I would go with making the case a pouch...a lot of people (like me), like practical and pretty! Wink

I also love the button on the business card holder...I noticed it because I have a small collection of those buttons that I found in my MIL stuff...are they vintage?  Mine are made of this really hard plastic?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Flower Part 6/11
How to Crochet a Generic Baby Shoe Sole Part 1/5
How to Crochet a Flower Part 9/11
How to Crochet a Flower Part 5/11
How to Crochet a Flower Part 10/11
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...