A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,729
Currently Running With Scissors:
729 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 554866 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

skittlebub
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3620 on: May 25, 2011 11:45:33 PM »

Posting for Silvermoon

Bottom right is the TARDIS phone cover she made for me. HOW AWESOME IS IT!!?!?!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 things 2013

I have a new postal address. PM me if you need it - 3/16/12
kwiltykate
« Reply #3621 on: May 26, 2011 05:45:21 AM »

Looks like you got spoiled skittlebub! I so need one of those tardis phone covers!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cursive_queen
« Reply #3622 on: May 26, 2011 06:10:54 AM »

wonderful tardis phone cover - I want one Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
A2JC4life
« Reply #3623 on: May 26, 2011 06:18:06 AM »

My compromise is that I do major messy crafting only at certain times....when I have a freezer full of prepped meals so I don't have to stop to cook.

Ooooh.  It never occurred to me to freezer cook for this purpose.  That's an awesome idea!  I've finished several items for swaps but, of course, no pictures yet.  I also prepped some fabric for a Christmas gift and an attempt at a shower curtain.  (I have this vague idea, but I'm not really sure it will turn out the way I envision it.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rainbowsewist
open to personal swaps

« Reply #3624 on: May 26, 2011 09:06:10 AM »

checking in for this month :-) i didnt really follow my list for th month but i was still busy, ive gotten 100 grannys daughters squares done(!), started my minion army (got 6 bodys made), made a pattern from a dying pair of shorts - and then made a new pair! did another patchwork pillow for a friend, oh and have 4 thread balls drying now too, just have to put th glitter on when they r done. oh and i tried making a new pair of pants, but the fabric didnt cooperate so i need to adjust th pattern, or try a different one.

i do have a request for help tho, i was going to make one of those cute ribbion topairy balls, but ran out of ribbion, and it would have taken soooooo much more. but i have all these 4in pieces of ribbon left over....... any ideas on what i can do with them?? im drawing a blank here.

and im at 349 things made for my 365 in 2011 challenge!! :-D if i group them into projects i think im pretty close to 50 as well. th big one is still setting up my craft room, just got some new furniture for it yesterday so it will be coming together more soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog ~ http://neverremembers.blogspot.com
http://wists.com/rainbowsewist

ive got rubber stamps im not using anymore, wanna trade?? i'd kill for a cornish pixie poppet!
DawnsTrees
« Reply #3625 on: May 27, 2011 01:01:53 AM »

Wow - you got a lot done this month! As for the ribbons, I wonder if you could make some version of this necklace: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=92193.msg883943#msg883943
Depending on the ribbon, you could also make tag baby blankets, an interesting crazy stitched cuff, gift tags, bookmarks, use them in a mixed media piece, mod podge them onto a box...

I have only been crafting for a couple of swaps. I have a couple of very due gifts that I am procrastinating on... my crafting has been derailed for a bit by a less than expected response from a gift that I gave someone. I KNOW I don't craft for the response, but it is disheartening when you work hard on something and are really, honestly excited about it and it gets a luke-warm response... it makes it tough (for me) to get excited about the next gifts. (okay, enough feeling sorry for myself. I do have a fun small project planned for this weekend for one of the swaps. I hope it works out and breaks me out of this "meh" mood!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
whatthepuck
« Reply #3626 on: May 27, 2011 05:47:42 AM »

started my minion army (got 6 bodys made)

Would that be a Despicable Me minion army?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Swaps:
Secret Santa
Little Visitor
Nov ATC 1/0/0
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3627 on: May 27, 2011 07:02:40 AM »

I have only been crafting for a couple of swaps. I have a couple of very due gifts that I am procrastinating on... my crafting has been derailed for a bit by a less than expected response from a gift that I gave someone. I KNOW I don't craft for the response, but it is disheartening when you work hard on something and are really, honestly excited about it and it gets a luke-warm response... it makes it tough (for me) to get excited about the next gifts. (okay, enough feeling sorry for myself. I do have a fun small project planned for this weekend for one of the swaps. I hope it works out and breaks me out of this "meh" mood!)

I know what you mean. Technically, I craft because I love to do it and I want to. But I'm also trying super hard to give them something unique that they'll love. And who doesn't want a person to be super happy and excited about a gift you give them. So when you get a meh response, it kind of hurts.

Sorry they didn't appreciate your gift as much as they should.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: May 27, 2011 07:11:17 AM »

I think it's especially hard when you give handmade gifts to someone who doesn't craft themselves.  Most of the time they just can't understand the time and effort you put into it for them, and how much more it sucks if they don't enjoy it.  Hopefully your fun project will help you out of that!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rainbowsewist
open to personal swaps

« Reply #3629 on: May 27, 2011 10:07:22 AM »

DawnsTrees - thanks for the suggestions!

LolaandBean - yes they are based off  those minions, but mine are pink instead of yellow
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog ~ http://neverremembers.blogspot.com
http://wists.com/rainbowsewist

ive got rubber stamps im not using anymore, wanna trade?? i'd kill for a cornish pixie poppet!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Food on a Fire Pit
Summer Steak Dinner Recipe
How to Make Poutine
How to Make Onion Rings
How to Personalize Your Stuffing
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...