A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 309,603
Currently Running With Scissors:
544 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 603823 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3520 on: May 17, 2011 07:27:13 PM »

I'm slowly getting back into things. I have no idea how you moms do it. I mean, I have a wonderful baby, but I can't seem to get into a routine that will actually let me get stuff done on a regular basis.

How old? I still have a hard time getting stuff done and mine will be two next week. Nap time and visits to grandma are my only craft times. I'm usually too tired at night.

Mine are 13 and 17. It really does not get much better. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3521 on: May 17, 2011 07:32:53 PM »

Hehehe, rottenlittleboys...you are so right. Mine are 15 ands 16. They do at least take their own baths now, though. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
DawnsTrees
« Reply #3522 on: May 17, 2011 10:23:57 PM »

Ha! I was thinking the same thing (mine are 15 and 19)... the challenges just change, they don't really go away (sorry for that all you new moms... but the good news is that they do let you sleep at one point and if you are lucky they actually craft with you!)

I got a serger and new-to-me (but probably 35+ years old) sewing machine this weekend at a garage sale for cheap. I have no idea what to do with the serger but I made a trial of a scrappy cuff with the new sewing machine and it works much better than my old one. I don't actually know how to sew, but I think that I will pay for a serger class for my 19 year old and then have her teach me! So exciting! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
DawnsTrees
« Reply #3523 on: May 17, 2011 10:54:02 PM »

TheSapphireMoon - oh my! I LOVE those rainbow bracelets!

calixita - wow! I also would love to know how long something like that takes... and how you can possibly have the patience with all of those little tiny beads?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

« Reply #3524 on: May 18, 2011 06:17:39 AM »

Hope it's ok to jump in here and post and run...got family things to get to today...
Hang in there Moms!! Mine have left the nest and I sometimes miss the company.  I don't miss the 20 questions an hour from my son when he was little...but you will have your time back...and more of it than you know what to do with!!!  Cheesy
Congrats on your new machines, DawnsTrees!  Very nice! 
I'm not much of a seamstress, but I like to play w/it and here is one of the original items on my list...a recon'd article of clothing.  I made an apron out of a dress...here's the link:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=368127.msg4505015#msg4505015

41/50
THIS ROCKS   Logged
A2JC4life
« Reply #3525 on: May 18, 2011 06:38:09 AM »

Oh, wow; that bracelet!  Shocked

As far as crafting with little ones - I think that the "regular basis" phrase was the key part of your question.  We don't get anything done on a "regular basis"  (Well, speaking for myself, anyway.)  It happens in spurts most of the time because while I'm getting lots of crafting done, something else gives.  And then the crafting has to give for a while so something else can get done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calixita

thought I heard a saxophone; I'm drunk on the moon

« Reply #3526 on: May 18, 2011 06:50:04 AM »

Your bracelet is amazing, calixta! How long does a thing like that TAKE?!

Thanks, everyone.  I wish I could tell you how long that took but I rarely sit down and finish one project at one time.  I always have multiple things to work on here and there, in front of the TV, down time at work, etc....  So it's hard for me to figure out exactly how much time goes into each item.  I'd estimate that each link of the bracelet took between 20 to 30 mins. plus joining and finishing;  all together it probably took 7 hours or so.(?)  It does take patience dealing with such small beads, I guess but I enjoy it. Of course, I have absolutely no patience to learn to sew properly.   Smiley  To each her own, as they say.
I gave most of the students their presents last night when we went out for a celebratory drink and Nachos.  They were all very pleased and they all fit!  One of them announced that she was wearing hers at the graduation ceremony and another one cried!  (the cryer has been very emotional over this whole "college is over" experience!)  Cheesy
What is an altoids survival kit?  It's a small survival kit packed into an Altoid's tin like http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos/gallery/survival/food/2006/08/make-survival-kit-out-altoids-tin-and-two-more-life-saving-diy-
One of my student workers likes to cross country bike tour but I discovered he already had a pretty good emergency kit and when you're on a bike you don't want additional things to carry!  So he got a Buddha necklace instead.

Good luck crafting to all you Moms out there.  I don't know how you do it when they're really young!!!!  I've never had any of my own tho' I do love kids.  But, boy, are they time-consuming!!!! Grin  My worst problem is when the cat tries to sit in my lap while I'm beading and spills the beads or thinks my crafting supplies are his cat toys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3527 on: May 18, 2011 07:39:47 AM »

That Altoid kit looks great calixita, thanks for the link.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calixita

thought I heard a saxophone; I'm drunk on the moon

« Reply #3528 on: May 18, 2011 10:08:12 AM »

Another link to several "manly" Altoid tin projects.  I love the martini kit and the barbeque!
http://artofmanliness.com/2011/01/30/22-manly-ways-to-reuse-an-altoids-tin/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

waggonswest
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3529 on: May 18, 2011 10:50:39 AM »

Thanks for the link cal.  There are some great ideas there! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kachina Spirit Painting by Carolyn Oberst
Stepping Out Painting by Carolyn Oberst
The Origins of Tintin
How to Create a Phenakistoscope
Supervillain Origins: Electro
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
Tute Tuesday: Latch Hooked Rag Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...