A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,467
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 44 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 534872 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissKerouac
I'm a bum, but not the cool Dharma kind.

only dead fish swim with the stream

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3200 on: April 12, 2011 07:41:18 PM »

A2JC4life that little apple is adorable!

SheepBlue That bag is amazing!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you were happy every day of your life you wouldn't be a human being, you'd be a talk show host." -Heathers-
mgailp
Queen of 1000 Proj... Ooo, shiney

To boldly craft where everyone has crafted before

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3201 on: April 12, 2011 09:20:19 PM »

MissKerouac, I love it! The material print makes me think of tribbles (from Star Trek), Cheesy .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
The Sketchbook Project: Hope (Craft-A-Long)
Taking applicants for the Society of Procrastinators ... tomorrow
graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3202 on: April 12, 2011 10:11:52 PM »

evilSabina...don't know how old you are, but your strawberry plant purchase reminded me of Richie in Happy Days, when he confessed how many little beers he'd had...seven-ty-two.  42 is a LOT of plants...hope you're soon swooning in strawberries!

Love the little apple...how very cute, A2.

Tribbles, indeed. I hated that episode--the only one that ever gave me nightmares, though I don't know why. I do NOT hate the screen cover. Very cool looking, very neat!

I am putting the finishing touches on the face of a crinkle softie for that shower gift tonight this morning. Good thing, since the shower is Thursday morning at the end of our Jonah study.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011 10:13:04 PM by graced » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
katara
« Reply #3203 on: April 12, 2011 11:39:36 PM »

A2JC4life - I love the apple bag!! It's so cute! May I ask where you found the pattern?

I've been hard at work with Crafster Challenges!

1. I've been working on my entry for the Crocheted Jewelry Challenge!  Grin
I'm really proud of my "Sparkling Blue" Crocheted Ring necklace! It's my first attempt at writing a pattern too!

To check out my creation:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=378009.0.msg=4464985#msg4464985

2. I also entered the "Back to Basics" Challenge using pompoms.
This is what I made:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=377541.10.msg=4457090#msg4457090

« Last Edit: April 14, 2011 12:17:25 AM by katara » THIS ROCKS   Logged

DawnsTrees
« Reply #3204 on: April 13, 2011 02:02:22 AM »

SheepBlue - I adore your bag!

katara - both of your challenge entries are fantastic! Great job(s)!

I made something for myself today! My daughter and I both made Rapunzel Scarves for spring - we just needed something fun and easy to feel successful with (its been a tough week at school... and its only Tuesday...). I posted about both of them *here*.

But here is a picture of the one that is MINE Smiley  (modeled by my daughter)

There are close ups on the post, but it has pearl-like beads and a couple of other fun ribbons/yarns in it. I really like how it turned out and can't wait to wear it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: April 13, 2011 05:25:00 AM »

I also finished something for myself!  I made the knitting needle case from the end of the 1st Stitch N' Bitch book.  I came into like 10 pairs of needles at Goodwill for 90 cents, which was more than enough motivation to get this finished. 

Showing off all the needles (and the chalk lines I still haven't erased yet  Tongue)

All rolled up, this shows off the print better!

It turned out a little wonky, but it gets the job done, and it also let me use the crazy outside fabric, and the black fabric on the inside is really scratchy and ugly, so this was a good use for it!  All it needs is the ribbon on the outside, which I'm thinking I may not even need; it seems to stay together pretty well on its own.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2JC4life
« Reply #3206 on: April 13, 2011 06:01:30 AM »

A2JC4life - I love the apple bag!! It's so cute! May I ask where you found the pattern?

Well, it's not a bag; it's a dish scrubber, and it's only about the size of my palm.  But it's a free pattern from the Lion yarn site.  Here: apple scrubber pattern

Honestly, though, it's pretty simple and could probably easily be made into a bag if you're at all familiar with crochet.  Aside from the leaf, it's just a single-crocheted-in-the-round circle.  The color changes to red on the last round, and then you fold it in half and sew it shut.  The seeds are straight stitches embroidered on, and the stem is a hanging loop made from a plain old chain.  So the leaf's the only thing that would require fiddling if you wanted to enlarge it; just crochet more rounds and, if you want a bag, don't sew it up all the way to the top.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

waggonswest
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3207 on: April 13, 2011 06:12:56 AM »

My partner has received so I can finally count one of the projects that has been I've finished.  
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=378208.msg4467570#msg4467570  
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011 12:18:32 PM by waggonswest - Reason: sometimes English escapes me! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3208 on: April 13, 2011 06:44:36 AM »

Love the little apple scrubber...it would also make a cute decorative pot holder! Cheesy  Thanks for the link!

Sheepblue--wow fantasitc TM bag!  Perfect for Ms. Button Queen, TSM! Smiley

As I was dusting off my computer screen for the 100th time, I was thinking of making some sort of cover!  What a great idea!  I think I might make something for the keyboard as well...I ruin so many keyboards with food, drink and general messiness!

waggonswest...so lovely...I will need to go look at the individual thread for details!

The needle roll looks great--lovely colors...I like how you can fit them to whatever you want!  I will confess that I dumped my holder and went back to my old ways of throwing all of my needles into an oatmeal box that I will someday trick out with a project I saw here last year!

Dawntree--aren't those scarves fun?  I have been collecting yarns from various people to make another one for myself...it does take a lot of variety and patience!

katara--how exciting for you to be in two challenges!  I will go read about them as well..

Great job everyone!  Glad to see lots of projects for yourself!! ha ha I might be done with the March challenge at the same time the April challenge is done!  I think I will extend April to the end of April to help me catch up...so far behind due to a lot of things (tax season, mostly!)...

Love to see the projects and add to my list...I have lots to post this weekend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
katara
« Reply #3209 on: April 13, 2011 07:56:00 AM »

Well, it's not a bag; it's a dish scrubber, and it's only about the size of my palm.  But it's a free pattern from the Lion yarn site.  Here: apple scrubber pattern

Well it's a very pretty dish scrubber!! I really like it - think I might have a go at morphing it into a purse!

waggonswest - Love the different techniques you used in making the slime mold quilt!! It looks fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top Picks for Sulfate-Free Shampoos
Home Remedies for Dandruff
Zooey Deschanel 60s Updo Tutorial
How to Do a Chic Curly Updo
How to Style a Festive Bow Hairdo
Latest Blog Articles
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...