A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,544
Currently Running With Scissors:
526 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 519361 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sheepBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3190 on: April 12, 2011 10:21:05 AM »

Finished TM bag #4  Grin

33. TM #4 bag for G/N swap Fin 4/12

Here's the link for the post  Wink

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=378146.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2JC4life
« Reply #3191 on: April 12, 2011 10:26:00 AM »

I would never have thought to use the candle jar lids as candle containers; that is so clever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mmccorbin
« Reply #3192 on: April 12, 2011 12:00:52 PM »

eclecticdreamer, cute candles!!! Can you tell me how you did it??? I am looking to make some candles for my home. Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Surving Life as a mom to 3 Teens
rockon
« Reply #3193 on: April 12, 2011 12:47:23 PM »

Hi All,

I love that TM bag!  It is super cool.

I am plugging away at my market bag (and, Ffrogg526, it is a VERY basic string-bag like pattern.  I am a new and sloooow crocheter, not ready for the big time yet Smiley).  I love string-like bags and this one is so close to done.  An hour or two of work away, I think.

Rock on!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DncingDreamer

music is what feelings sound like

View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: April 12, 2011 02:25:24 PM »

mmccorbin, I just used old tarts and votives that I had kicking around my house that I wasn't using anymore along with the lids off old candle jars. I took the hard plastic off the lids before I did anything - the part that suctions the lid into place on the jar. I melted the tarts/votives down in a double boiler - do NOT use a bowl/pan that you plan on using for food. Just go pick up a cheap one at the thrift store or wherever so if you want you can just chuck it out after if you never plan on using it again. I bought the waxed wicks with tabs at the craft store. You dip the tab into the melted wax and position it in the lid. Once the wax is melted I poured it into the lid around the wick. I then put the candles in a bowl of ice water up to just below the rim of the lid to help set them up quicker. They're now drying the rest of the way downstairs in the garage where Cleo the Climbing Cat can't get them haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3195 on: April 12, 2011 03:40:08 PM »

I am the overjoyed recipient of that Teesha Moore bag Grin  YAY!!!!  There's a link in sheepBlue's post to my post in the GnN swap gallery with a few additional closeup shots of some of my fave squares.

I am addicted to button cuff bracelets!  I made 2 more and need to edge and blanket stitch them...and I have 4 more sorted out to make in 2 shades of green, yellow, and pink.  And I have to cut out and interface another blue one which will be on blue material this time.  I've also cut out 3 pairs of lounge pants and a tote bag to sew up.  I REALLY need to cut out a pattern so I can get the dress completed for bananaleg before summer is over Tongue  LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3196 on: April 12, 2011 04:16:26 PM »

I adore the TM bag, especially the "Emergency Button" bit!!!

The candles are such a good idea...I have so many candles...do I dare add one more thing to the list?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
MissKerouac
I'm a bum, but not the cool Dharma kind.

only dead fish swim with the stream

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3197 on: April 12, 2011 04:19:14 PM »

26.Make a fabric cover for my computer screen

Turned out Ok, A bit baggy, I realized after I started making it that it would fit weird because of the shape of the back of iMacs. Oh well. It will still do it's job!

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011 02:19:42 PM by MissKerouac » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you were happy every day of your life you wouldn't be a human being, you'd be a talk show host." -Heathers-
A2JC4life
« Reply #3198 on: April 12, 2011 06:41:57 PM »

Well, I couldn't bring myself to do any of my sewing today.  I was so frustrated over not being able to find my thread that being in my sewing space just reminded me and made me mad.  (Hubby did find the thread after he came home tonight, though.)  In the meantime, I didn't want to be totally unproductive, so I printed out some patterns and went upstairs with my yarn and made this:

and this:

The idea was to be able to use these in geography-based swaps as representative of my hometown.  (I live in "apple country" - in VA, believe it or not, not in Washington - and we have an annual "Apple Blossom Festival" here that supposedly is internationally known.  I couldn't find plain pink cotton, though, when I was at the store, so this one is a dry run.)

And it doesn't look like much, but here's the hill I planted with strawberries and periwinkle over the weekend:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

evilSabina
« Reply #3199 on: April 12, 2011 07:24:28 PM »

I've been outside digging up my yard all week, getting ready for planting. Then I went to Lowe's on Saturday-- they had strawberry plants on clearance for 25 cents! So I bought 42. I planted them today. I'll mulch them tomorrow and post a pic soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Put Your Hair in a Messy Bun
How to Apply Relaxer Onto Black Hair
How to Take Out Micro Braids
How to Do Your Hair Like Taylor Swift
How to Twist Natural Hair
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...