A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 307,975
Currently Running With Scissors:
407 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 547
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 735577 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

flutterby14
« Reply #3070 on: April 04, 2011 07:49:24 PM »

Today I learned something only a new craftster would have to learn..... finish your projects quickly because everyday you discover a new craft you want to do....... i see that finding 50 thngs won't be hard afterall.

UGH and yay all at the same time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3071 on: April 04, 2011 07:51:51 PM »

Flutterby...oh, yes. It's killing me. My list is so long I'll have to live till I'm 101 to manage them all...YAY!

5/6 pops...that other one will wake you up if the storm doesn't, Troublet. Always keeps me awake, fretting!

Mini-list for April, now that the work is (temporarily) done
--repair foldable light box for photos, then make something to take a picture of inside it (for me, for the challenge)
--stupid i-spy bags from last month--one monster, one giraffe
--some beer bottle/wine glass markers for movie night with the Almost Dirty Dozen at our house (also for me; I hate pouring out unclaimed drinks...such a waste)
--teacher appreciation gifts
--43-year-old friend and mom of twin TEEN boys needs a BABY girl gift. (Can I make it say "Sweet Surprise?!) (Or, alternately, "Better you than me?!"  Grin) Thinking KwiltyKate's changing pad, for starters.

Yay, crafting! (Happy place, happy place...!) Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
J_Kieviet
« Reply #3072 on: April 04, 2011 08:25:44 PM »

I have finished lots, but only have 1 week left to do the following:

finish orange blouse
finish jeans
finish denim capris
make brown shorts
make hoody

spring clean bathroom
spring clean craft room
spring clean bedroom
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for the free row by row patterns.  If you are able to get me one from your town I will paypal you $2 for postage.
PimpernelSmith
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm sooo over due to get over an ocean...*waves at far away places*

Jack of all Crafts -- Master of None

View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: April 04, 2011 08:53:39 PM »

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/thumbs/25615_03Apr11_Tea-Wallet-3.jpg
I have discovered one problem with my design...If the wallet tips, the tea falls out!
I suggest making the pockets a little smaller to make the tea fit in more snug. I would do this by sewing a vertical line on both sides of the center line(distance depending on how snug you need the pockets to be. It will make the wallet fold more square as well. If you don't like the center line you could always take it out leaving the two outer lines...did that make sense? If not I can draw it out.

Makes sense!  I'm thinking that perhaps I should 'top stitch' complete rectangles on each cover to make it look decorative, while simultaneously snugging the pockets on both inner and outer edges.... The only other thing I can think of is to slit the bottoms of the pockets to make them deeper, but then I have to stay-fray all those edges without glueing things all together.....?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.Dave Barry
fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: April 04, 2011 08:57:59 PM »

I have, perhaps, a silly question- but what exactly is a cat blanket?  Is it like a cat bed?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3075 on: April 04, 2011 09:07:48 PM »

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/thumbs/25615_03Apr11_Tea-Wallet-3.jpg
I have discovered one problem with my design...If the wallet tips, the tea falls out!
I suggest making the pockets a little smaller to make the tea fit in more snug. I would do this by sewing a vertical line on both sides of the center line(distance depending on how snug you need the pockets to be. It will make the wallet fold more square as well. If you don't like the center line you could always take it out leaving the two outer lines...did that make sense? If not I can draw it out.

Makes sense!  I'm thinking that perhaps I should 'top stitch' complete rectangles on each cover to make it look decorative, while simultaneously snugging the pockets on both inner and outer edges.... The only other thing I can think of is to slit the bottoms of the pockets to make them deeper, but then I have to stay-fray all those edges without glueing things all together.....?
Sounds good! Whatever works  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calixita
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

thought I heard a saxophone; I'm drunk on the moon

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3076 on: April 04, 2011 11:17:46 PM »

Ooooo!  My 3 legged wonder kitty would love one of those cat blankets!  I may have to try to make him one, especially before next winter.  Since I can't sew for beans, I might actually have some success with that project!  Love the alien design!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Deeder
« Reply #3077 on: April 05, 2011 06:32:06 AM »

Spring cleaning my craft room may be the only thing that happens in there this week. It's so disorganized and cluttered that it actually de-motivates me from making anything because I know I'll have to search and search and then clear a space to do to the work. Well, if I finished any of my WIPs, I'd probably have tons of room... I really have to find a place to stow away a giant dollhouse that I'm not going to work on for at least a year.

Also, I need to whip up some baby-related presents before I head up to Tennessee to see my family and best friend, who is due to have a baby at about the same time as me. How exciting! That's happened to me twice now -- both my college roommates have had children within two weeks of me having mine ... no planning involved!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2JC4life
« Reply #3078 on: April 05, 2011 06:50:31 AM »

Well, my FQ swap package is finished, except for the smallest scraps.  So hopefully I really will get some UFO's done this week.  Except I feel like I didn't get anything done yesterday, so I might have to emphasize housework.  Tongue (Darn phone kept ringing.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DncingDreamer

music is what feelings sound like

View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: April 05, 2011 07:30:17 AM »

Alright, I'm getting back in the swing of craftiness. Life had to go and get in the way, darn it! lol

Here are some projects I've done since I've been MIA.

Made a bunch of these to try to sell at a craftfair with my sister-in-law. Didn't sell one so guess what a lot of people are getting for gifts this year! lol

Made these when I was getting sick of seed beads from the bangles. I made a bunch more but the niece scoffed them before I could take pictures.

Not sure what I'm doing with this yet. Pattern is UrbanThreads.

This is a bag and bookmark I made for a girl at work that just retired. I made the bag awhile ago but I just made the bookmark.

Back of bookmark:

Made a couple of fabric roses out of scrap last night. Not sure what I'm doing with them yet.

Edit: And my poor black and gray dress I was going to rework got accidentally cut up by my niece! I had the top and bottom taken apart and in my fabric pile. While I was at a concert she asked if anything in the pile was fair game to make scarfs, etc. I said yes, forgetting the dress was in there...the skirt is now an asymmetrical mini with two loop scarves...BLARGH! I'm thinking I may be able to save it with some black rickrack or lace over where I'm going to try to sew it back together. Thank goodness it was only a $5 Salvation Army find!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011 07:39:28 AM by eclecticdreamer » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 547 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Etched Glasses
Horror Movie Crafts
August 24, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...