A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 306,063
Currently Running With Scissors:
462 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 547
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 728819 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3050 on: April 03, 2011 11:00:04 PM »

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/thumbs/25615_03Apr11_Tea-Wallet-3.jpg
I have discovered one problem with my design...If the wallet tips, the tea falls out!
I suggest making the pockets a little smaller to make the tea fit in more snug. I would do this by sewing a vertical line on both sides of the center line(distance depending on how snug you need the pockets to be. It will make the wallet fold more square as well. If you don't like the center line you could always take it out leaving the two outer lines...did that make sense? If not I can draw it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3051 on: April 04, 2011 04:47:10 AM »

Oh, wow. Trailing flowers out the side of a veggie garden...PERFECTION!!!! Since the blocks are already in there, little mossflowers or whatever growing from the dirt up would be the next best thing, I think! I'm a sucker for real flowers of any sort.

Deeder, thanks for a new word/concept! I keep trying to convince hubby to do the raised bed/square foot thing. Post goodness photos so I can use it to persuade?

Calixta...the paper roses are lovely. (Anybody besides me have the old...Osmond?...song in their heads?) The purple with vines and words is my favorite!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
Deeder
« Reply #3052 on: April 04, 2011 05:54:06 AM »

graced, I have more photos on my blog (there's a now a link in my sig). My husband was a little skeptical at first, too (especially after the cost of the Mel's mix -- the soil), but now he's just as excited as me. I just kept telling him to imagine the taste of fresh tomatoes.

Planting something in the holes of the cinder block was my first idea, too, but I needed an extra four inches on top of the stack to make it level with the permanent retaining wall on the left. That's where the castlewall bricks came in. Also, if I plant things in the tops, it makes it hard to get into the garden to work it without stepping in the garden, which is one of the concepts behind SFG -- don't pack down the dirt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

I am so bored! Crafting boredom...HELP!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3053 on: April 04, 2011 07:38:49 AM »

I would love to make paper roses out of old papers I have!  I wonder if I have some translucent inks to color them!  I know what you mean about the brittle paper...I have so much old paper that I want to use in ways other than just flat things like journals and ATC's!

Deeder--it looks amazing!

I planted creeping thyme and hens and chicks in the holes of my cinder blocks...they pretty much trail down and cover the whole thing...and, they are so prolific that stepping on them and even weeding them out does not seem to kill them at all...your is so neat and tidy!

I got up to page 246 last night before pooping out!  You guys are amazing!  I will finish my tallying tonight...I hope!  I wish I could just give all of you prizes!

Remember that April's challenge is simple!  Make at least one item for yourself...there will only be one ticket for each person...I still want you to make more, but to help out anyone who feels discouraged or like they can't join in the fun: ONE ITEM FOR YOURSELF qualifies you for the challenge!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2JC4life
« Reply #3054 on: April 04, 2011 07:49:23 AM »

I really don't think the cinderblocks look bad - but I love the stucco idea, too.  How did you do the gridding-off part?  I can't remember how I marked mine at our last house, and what I tried last summer didn't work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: April 04, 2011 08:15:11 AM »

So I only got a small amount of actual crafting done this weekend, but I got my taxes finished and realized that my return will be enough to finally buy a serger!!  After months and months of scouring thrift stores and ebay and failing to find anything that I can afford, I will be the proud owner of a brand new Brother 1034D sometime this week!  (Can you tell I'm a little excited?!?!)  So my project for myself this month will definitely be something sewn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Deeder
« Reply #3056 on: April 04, 2011 08:22:25 AM »

craftylittlemonkey: I love the chalk idea! My kiddo isn't old enough to handle it yet, but there are plenty of neighborhood kids who will love me for it.

A2JC4life: The cinder blocks aren't terrible, but they just aren't as pretty as I'd like. There are plenty of other houses in my neighborhood with cinder block walls, so I don't feel too bad, but gray is just so blah. I used bamboo rods (re-conned from a set of placemats I got at a yardsale) and hemp to do the grid. I just measured, then pushed the rods (probably about a foot long) into the dirt to secure them and tied the hemp around the tops. I like this method because it's a lot less intrusive than the wood grid the SFG book recommends.  

fishstix43: That's awesome! A serger is definitely worth the investment -- I only have a cheapo (and it still wasn't that cheap!) Singer, and I love it soooo much. I took on a second job for a year and a half and used the bonus money to pay for a couple of high-price items for my craft room, the serger being one. At first I thought I'd never learn how to thread it, but now I can practically do it with my eyes closed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lillianpearl

Jack of all trades...master of none

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3057 on: April 04, 2011 08:46:29 AM »

I'm not gonna lie, you guys are making me jealous! I have a little plastic KIDS sewing machine. That's the extent of my sewing capabilities.

If you want to paint cinder blocks, you just have to coat with a latex sealant first. Any type of paint (should) work after that. Although I honestly think it depends on how old the blocks are.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

I am so bored! Crafting boredom...HELP!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3058 on: April 04, 2011 09:16:50 AM »

You could use concrete stain...it gives the blocks and more natural look...I kind of like the look of cinder blocks...it gives it a more homey look...and if it fits into the neighborhood, great!

I think the stain comes in some pretty nice colors like browns, greys, greens, blues, reds...

I love my serger, too!  I made an infinity dress and finished off all the edges with it...easy!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3059 on: April 04, 2011 10:16:29 AM »

It's CraftaPalooza day at my house! Cheesy

I have apple butter in the crock pot, a loaf (or two if DH has his way) of banana bread to bake and swap craftiness about to commence. I have the windows open, the music playing, my cat supervising and a glass of tea.

Get out of my way! I'm headed in! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 547 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Stenciled Table
Tute Tuesday: Mrs. Weasley Inspired Burrow Afghan
Creative Craft Supplies

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...