A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 303,137
Currently Running With Scissors:
672 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 644204 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #2840 on: March 26, 2011 06:34:39 PM »

Soooo...not sure who posted the crobot several pages ago BUT my first thought was "eep!! Zombie-bot!!", really I think I'm just stuck on zombies.

LaughingLark ~ I have a friend who would take you down for that scarf, lol, she loves really bright colors (I always look at her like she's nuts). And my netflix list is why I want to do more crochet projects then sewing projects Smiley

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2841 on: March 26, 2011 07:48:11 PM »

that's an interesting idea, it can probably be done, all the needed tech has already been invented.

I was giggling to myself tonight while wishing I was crafting (instead of at an engagement party for someone my husband works with)...I realized that all we really need is a live web cam in Alwaysinmyroom's crafting space. She must craft 24/7 to get so much done! There would ALWAYS be something good to watch that way!  Roll Eyes

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
I love looms.

just spin the yarn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2842 on: March 26, 2011 08:21:45 PM »

LaughingLark, I love those colors! A great looking scarf. I think the double stockinette looks so great, but I am lazy, and usually just go with a garter stitch.  Wink

« Reply #2843 on: March 27, 2011 01:21:31 AM »

Found a tute for this "pleatness" bag while stalking a partner for a swap... so of course spent most of my Sunday making a fun bag instead of doing the housework Tongue

Gratuitous pic of DD Cheesy

Inside the bag, nothing too exciting, just lined in black.

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2844 on: March 27, 2011 04:35:30 AM »

I have the pleatness bag tute bookmarked AND printed to try out...my efforts without commercial patterns when it comes to purses have been HUGE failures though...all but my square bottom totes, as that is only 2 pieces for the outer and 2 pieces for the lining.  Maybe because this one has explicit piecing and assembly instructions I will be able to do it Smiley

I'm having SERIOUS crafting withdrawal...all this cleaning is great, but SO uncreative!  LOL!  I'm thinking I may leave work early to go craft Tongue

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
« Reply #2845 on: March 27, 2011 06:01:55 AM »

Thanks, Lady4feet and astormorray. When I needle knit scarves, I go for garter stitch as well. This was made with a Tadpole knitting board. When JoAnn or Hobby Lobby offer a coupon on half off of any one item, I pick up stuff like this. Or, I did when I had the money.  Cheesy This loom was under ten bucks with a coupon.

This loom is really simple to use, and makes a nice dense double stockinette and is great for kid scarves, and skinnier scarves for grownups. I think the knit is 4" wide or so. I use an empty pen barrel to make it much faster to wrap the yarn on the pegs and maintain perfect tension.

I just kind of got stuck on my stripey scarf. I don't know why. Probably just my ADD. Now that I am done, my ADD is telling me to start another project on the tadpole today, but I need to get to work on the afghan WIP. The afghan is out in our living loom on the end table, and it gets in people's way. Time to finish it and make it useful to my family. At least it's big enough now to keep me warm while I crochet. It will be cold the next couple of days.

Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Live Life Like You Want To!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2846 on: March 27, 2011 07:02:55 AM »

WOW...the crafty members must come out while I am asleep! Cheesy

I love that bag...good size and such cute colors...and a wonderful model!

DawnTrees...congrats on learning crochet...if you check out the tutorials done by our Crochet Moderator, she gives all the " unspoken" rules and tips on crochet...I learned the chain one trick as my afghan was slowly getting skinnier and skinner with each row! Cheesy

Laughing_lark...what a wonderful scarf!  I was experimenting last night with Japanese finger knitting...I just can't seem to grasp the finder crochet, which I really like!

Here is what it looks like:

It makes a strip that you can sew or braid together to make scarves, hats, shawls, vests, etc.  I braided my strip to make a short scarf.

Doubt if I would do it a lot but it was fun to play!

I'm a bum, but not the cool Dharma kind.

only dead fish swim with the stream

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2847 on: March 27, 2011 09:28:09 AM »

When my husband and I moved at the end of September I was without a sewing machine (used to use my mom's) Then for Christmas we pull names in my family and just spend 100$ on one present. SO i asked for a very basic sewing machine from my brother in law who pulled my name.

Christmas time....YAY SEWING MACHINE.
But wait...our place is still not all set up....I have no craft desk still *ahem hubby*
Well yesterday was....yup....March 26 and I just took it out of the box, STILL NO CRAFT DESK LOL
It's on the living room table.

But I did get to start my sewing projects.

Now for my first project on my new machine a TEA WALLET!

#1. Make a tea wallet for myself.

Now the stitching isn't GREAT, but for my first project on the machine and figuring out the machine's personality I'm happy that it actually turned out semi-decent at all.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2011 09:30:28 AM by MissKerouac » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you were happy every day of your life you wouldn't be a human being, you'd be a talk show host." -Heathers-
« Reply #2848 on: March 27, 2011 10:50:13 AM »

But we thought you never sleep, Always, are you trying to confuse us?  Cheesy
I like the colors of the braid you made.
MissKerouac,yay for sewing machine for Christmas, and a very nice first project on it too. Who cares that it's March already, you got started, that's what counts Smiley

-- Start at the beginning, and when you come to the end, stop! - Alice in Wonderland
I love looms.

just spin the yarn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2849 on: March 27, 2011 11:31:06 AM »

I have a serger still sitting in its box months later... so, you're not alone, MissKerouac. I don't even have the excuse of having nowhere to put it!  Wink

I just haven't needed it yet, I guess.

Cute tea wallet.  Smiley

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
7 Fashion Staples That Transition from Winter to Summer
Top 5 Trends Americans Want to See Go Away
How to Dress Like You Live in Paris
Bra Tips for Petite Women
Pairing Vintage with Designer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Witch Hat Fascinator
Beware! Black Cats!
Meatless Monday: Pickled Peppers

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...