A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,165
Currently Running With Scissors:
537 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 530497 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2550 on: March 15, 2011 12:59:31 PM »

I made a little felted basket today.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
SilverMoon

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2551 on: March 15, 2011 02:40:21 PM »

I made a little felted basket today.  Smiley

Oh, that's so cute!

SilverMoon, I have to admit when I first saw your picture, I thought, "Wow, her mom has purple hair too!" Then about 5 seconds later I realized it was you. Doh! The cowl is gorgeous, as well as your hair. That's one of the biggest things I miss about not being a "professional." All through high school and college I had different colors in my hair and loved it. Now it's just brown. Tongue

High school I wasn't allowed non-natural colours, and after high school I went straight into the job market. Not into a job mind you... I had a bit of a mini mid life crisis when I turned 29, and thought up a bunch of stupid things to do that I was getting on the "almost too old for" side. Dying my hair purple was one of them, and I was only going to do it with one bottle, but I loved it so much I've had it since October. I have to redye it every second week because it fades so fast, but it's worth it for now. Once my hair gets longer maybe not so much. Rebleaching my roots every 3 months is no fun.

Oh, and since I'm working on nothing but swap stuff for the rest of the week, here's a picture posted by my partner in the Be Awesome swap gallery
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011 02:41:16 PM by SilverMoon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2552 on: March 15, 2011 02:59:47 PM »

rackyroo--I like your felted basket! So delicate and yet sturdy, too, I bet.

Silvermoon--if you go white by age 45 (like me), you can have purple hair EASIER. No roots to bleach out!  Roll Eyes (And i use purple shampoo anyway to keep it truly white and not yellow....)

Astromorray, I've never put a zip in like that for a little bag. Is it hard? Is there a tute here or somewhere? Is there an advantage to that way over top-zip? (Inquiring minds, again.)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
SilverMoon

Rainbow IS a colour!

« Reply #2553 on: March 15, 2011 03:30:55 PM »

Silvermoon--if you go white by age 45 (like me), you can have purple hair EASIER. No roots to bleach out!  Roll Eyes

The way my kids behave, it wouldn't suprise me if I went white in the next 15 years!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

astormorray
I love looms.

just spin the yarn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2554 on: March 15, 2011 03:49:31 PM »

Astormorray, I've never put a zip in like that for a little bag. Is it hard? Is there a tute here or somewhere? Is there an advantage to that way over top-zip? (Inquiring minds, again.)

It's not hard, I guess, I've not done much sewing, really, so I don't know what to compare it to.  It doesn't have an advantage over the top zip, except that I think it looks cooler.  Wink

I wrote a tutorial a while back: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=374018.msg4404996#msg4404996

The ones I'm doing now are long side 6.75x9 and short side 4x9 inches, but the basic plan still applies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Deeder
« Reply #2555 on: March 15, 2011 04:04:21 PM »

High school I wasn't allowed non-natural colours, and after high school I went straight into the job market.

They stopped letting kids dye their hair after I did mine -- I guess it started a little bit of a trend, and it was found to be "distracting."

Also, I hope I didn't insult you by insinuating that you look like your mom (maybe you do... I don't know). It was just that you said the cowl was for your mom, then I saw the pic and that's how my brain works...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

evilSabina
« Reply #2556 on: March 15, 2011 04:25:09 PM »

Silvermoon--if you go white by age 45 (like me), you can have purple hair EASIER. No roots to bleach out!  Roll Eyes

The way my kids behave, it wouldn't suprise me if I went white in the next 15 years!  Grin
Ha! I just saw my best friend whom I hadn't seen for six years. She commented that I had more white hair than I used to. I told her they were highlights. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SilverMoon

Rainbow IS a colour!

« Reply #2557 on: March 15, 2011 04:30:58 PM »

Also, I hope I didn't insult you by insinuating that you look like your mom (maybe you do... I don't know). It was just that you said the cowl was for your mom, then I saw the pic and that's how my brain works...

It's ok, I knew what you meant. My mum does look good for 75, but not that good  Grin Besides, she dyes her hair brown, not purple  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onceinlovewithAmy
« Reply #2558 on: March 15, 2011 05:29:50 PM »

Bah! Somehow my lists got messed up Undecided

I keep a list in my 50 Projects book, and it has 20 projects listed as completed in it--I just finished two more, which I'll be posting pictures of soon. Problem is that on my list online, unless I can't count (which is totally possible!), I've got 21 completed projects. I'm so confused. I can't figure out where the issue happened.

So I guess I'll be redoing my list post. Blah.

ETA: Never mind! Figured it out! One of the ones I was counting as completed is in fact NOT completed--but it's a link! I forgot that I made one of the projects a link, so it's showing blue, and my completed projects are marked in teal. So I got confused.

Aaaand now back to your regularly scheduled programming Wink
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011 05:32:18 PM by onceinlovewithAmy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2559 on: March 15, 2011 06:11:19 PM »

Thank you. astromorray! I'm going to try it. It does look more like an intentional design element, not merely functional.

Silvermoon--I was a new teacher (age 27, after doing a bunch of other stuff) when my hair started going grey. I used to name them after especially "memorable" students, but then there were just too many. Three years ago, I quit coloring, just to see. Et voila, I had mostly really white hair under it all. I kinda like it, though it's a little sobering when people assume I'm older than I am. (If they look at my face, they realize their error. And if they're older than about 20.)

Maybe I should go purple, too!!! Would that count as a craft?!!!  Grin
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011 06:11:40 PM by graced » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon XSi/450D: Set Flash Function
Canon XSi/450D: Set Exposure Compensation Function
Canon XSi/450D: Set Delete Function
Canon XSi/450D: Set Auto Mode Function
Canon XSi/450D: Set Aperture Priority (Av) Function
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...