A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 298,240
Currently Running With Scissors:
730 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 547154 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

waggonswest
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1980 on: February 20, 2011 07:53:38 PM »

aliasg... sorry everyone is not feeling well.  Hope they recover soon, but you are really kicking out the good stuff.  LOVE that wallet!!! And that dragon rocks. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
aliasgracie
« Reply #1981 on: February 20, 2011 08:01:01 PM »

Thanks waggonswest, they are on the mend.  I had to go out today (it was -35 with the windchill) just to show it off!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Common sense is the collection of prejudices
- Albert Einstein

50 things 6/50
SilverMoon
Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #1982 on: February 20, 2011 09:23:16 PM »

Your Mister is a lucky man! I'd love a dragon on my wall! At my house they seem to collect on pretty much every other surface, so why not the walls too?  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

imera
« Reply #1983 on: February 21, 2011 03:06:30 AM »

Oh my aliasgracie, where did you get that fabric from? it's got flowers, owls, patterns and colours Shocked perfect.
Love the wallet.

And evilSabina, the truck pants are really adorable on your son Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aliasgracie
« Reply #1984 on: February 21, 2011 07:12:55 AM »

Aww thanks! Silvermoon we have two dragons I painted and one that the mister bought on our walls.  You should see the mister's new tattoo!  Shoulder to wrist dragon (I think it's hot) we even named our pups after the Eragon series.

Imera, the fabric was from eBay I think, it was years ago and the very first thing I ever bought online.  Unfortunately I thought a fat quarter was a lot bigger and paid to much Smiley oh well, it was worth it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Common sense is the collection of prejudices
- Albert Einstein

50 things 6/50
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #1985 on: February 21, 2011 07:25:33 AM »

What a creative weekend it was!

I love the ladybug scarf!  My younger sister loved ladybugs when we were growing up...I thought she still did and used to go out of my way to find her ladybug things...but a few years ago, she told me she no longer is into ladybugs...darn! Maybe a niece has fallen in love with ladybugs...I love it!

sheepblue--your mixed media piece is awesome! How did you attach the fabric bits?

aliasgracie--you did great on your wallet! Fat quarters were set up mainly for quilters...they were the perfect size to cut the quilt pieces into the standard sizes with the least amount of waste...

Your dragon is also nice!

Troublet--congrats on your great tutorials...you know I will be using them! Wink

I managed to crochet another luna scarf out of the yarn that I received on Friday..I also finished up the other wristwarmer (I tend to only make one and lose interest!)...I really do need to write down the instructions as I go...It would be faster and one would not be slightly bigger than the other! Smiley
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011 07:25:56 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1986 on: February 21, 2011 07:39:13 AM »

sheepblue--your mixed media piece is awesome! How did you attach the fabric bits?

It was all completely modge podged down - much to my thankful surprise it didn't get horribly tacky like it can sometimes. I forgot to mention this was one of my ways to use up scraps - I love all the contrasts of patterns and this highlights it perfectly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Deeder
« Reply #1987 on: February 21, 2011 09:33:07 AM »

sheepblue -- you are so awesome! I love that artwork!!

Troublet -- I've bookmarked your blog b/c "embroider something" is one my list -- now I really don't have any excuses!

Yarn or Fabric -- are you from Huntsville? I'm trying to keep up with all the Alabama crafters, because I feel so alone here (in Anniston) sometimes.

I'm up to 12/50, but I haven't posted photos in a while.  Undecided I need to do that ASAP, 'cause I know at least one of them is a challenge entry!!!

I've also added more to my list! (up to 74 now) Grin  My mom gave me free access to a bunch of my grandma's old vintage bedding (2 overflowing baskets!) while the kiddo and I were up visiting them last weekend. I really scored when it came to the pillowcases:

Some of them are pretty yellowed and have some stains. I'm soaking them in OxiClean now, but does anyone have any suggestions if that doesn't work? I think they'll make some very pretty dresses for my little girl -- and maybe a top or two for me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #1988 on: February 21, 2011 11:15:16 AM »

such beautiful vintage pieces!

I soak cotton balls in hydrogen peroxide and lay them on the stain...in desperation, I have used bleach gel (figure I had nothing to lose!) and it worked!  Careful though, all of those things weaken the original fabric (so they say...I think the vintage stuff is pretty tough, though!) Cheesy

They would make lovely tops or children's clothing!  Can't wait to see!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

waggonswest

« Reply #1989 on: February 21, 2011 01:23:38 PM »

Whatever method you use to remove the stain, don't leave the chemicals on too long... watch and rinse as soon as the stain is mostly gone.  The vintage fabrics can handle the cleaning but they can also be very fragile.  You may also have to be careful with the older embroidery.  When my gramma was embroidering, the dyes weren't colorfast.  If they've been used and well loved then it shouldn't be a problem because what was going to run already headed for the hills but if they are not used you might want to double up on your color catcher. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair Color Secrets from the Pros
How to Give Your Hair the "Beach Wave" Look
The Elegant Updo Hairstyle
The “Sock-Bun” Hair Fake-Out
Transform Your Face Shape with the Right Blowout
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...