A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
525 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 519903 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissKerouac
I'm a bum, but not the cool Dharma kind.

only dead fish swim with the stream

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1580 on: February 03, 2011 03:20:08 PM »

LOVE the necklace!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you were happy every day of your life you wouldn't be a human being, you'd be a talk show host." -Heathers-
BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1581 on: February 03, 2011 04:59:28 PM »

Sorry I have been so silent guys!  We lost my mother in law on December 21st, then my grandmother two weeks later, and my uncle died January 21st.  We had family that  had to stay with us to take care of the funeral arrangements and they just left on Friday, so my crafting/online time has been really reduced.  I am so mad too...i made curtains for my friend and didn't get to take pictures!  So they don't *technically* count for this CAL but I still know I made them, lol.

I made fingerless gloves (pics coming soon) and am beginning a jewelry box...made some wire wrapped necklaces...have been working on quilts here and there as well.  I hope to take pictures soon!!  You guys are so inspiring and I love seeing what you're doing...I promise to pop in and say more from here on out.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
evilSabina
« Reply #1582 on: February 03, 2011 05:09:17 PM »

Wow, BethieB... so much loss. I'm so sorry. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1583 on: February 03, 2011 05:59:22 PM »

Oh wow Bethie.  Sad We lost my Father in law on December 23.  Crafting does take a back seat.  Take care of yourself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lafemmefatale

Can't be old n wise if you are never young n crazy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1584 on: February 03, 2011 09:49:39 PM »

melerriffic I'm SO glad you posted that GORGEOUS necklace because I was just having creative block for a swap item and now I have a great idea!  You are my MUSE!! Smiley

And bethieb I'm so sorry for your hard year so far. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1585 on: February 03, 2011 11:45:45 PM »

Thanks guys!  I am feeling better today finally...and realizing that I may just have to prioritize a little better, because crafting really does seem to be better than my therapist as far as helping me feel better, lol Cheesy  I am thinking about making Friday afternoons from 1 to 4 my crafting session of the week.  Anything else will be awesome, of course, but a set date and time might help too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
DawnsTrees
« Reply #1586 on: February 04, 2011 01:01:28 AM »

BethieB - sending condolences to you and your family...
Having a set crafting time as therapy sounds like a fabulous idea. I may have to do that too, crafting often seems to get pushed to the back when life issues come up (even the little things like cleaning, grocery shopping etc) but I am so much happier when I have/make the time to be a little creative.

I finished two boxes! I like to have decorated boxes around so that I can easily wrap up a gift whenever I need to. One that I just made, I like but can't post pictures of yet, the other I am still trying to figure out if I like it or not. I find it kind of fun, in a gaudy gift-box sort of way...

I really wish that I had taken "before" pictures. It was a very ugly, dirty and stained white(ish) jewelry gift box. I had originally attempted to just restain it to a prettier, darker color - that just turned out horribly, horribly wrong (should have also documented that disaster...). But I didn't want to give up and throw it out - so out came the modge podge. (I think I may like it just because I put too much work into it to not like it. Does that make sense?)

The top (The pictures don't show it, but I used a little mica powder on parts of the box):

The bottom:

The inside  - I do love the fabric that I used to cover up the name on the top of the box! (The fabric matches the color of the rest of the box better than this picture shows):

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
lozzieozzie

CAUTION!! Crazy cat lady approaching!!

View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: February 04, 2011 04:53:20 AM »

BethieB - I'm so sorry, what an awful start to the year for you. Make sure you take care of you.

Alloted craft time is an amazing idea! Can I substitute going to work, and have 9-5 Crafting Time?!

DawnsTrees - I love those boxes, they're so pretty. Totally understand the too-much work-not-to-like them thing - most of my projects turn out like that Wink

You should like them for their own glory tho - they are lovely.

Poppet is on the way - my sewing machine is poorly  Cry(at least I din't cry this time!!), so progress is slow - having to hand stitch everything until I have time to operate on the sewing machine! She has a head with some (unfinished hair), half a leg - and a name (the hardest bit by a MILE!!)

Pics coming soon (hopefully - or pics of holes in fingers from too much hand sewing!)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011 04:55:39 AM by lozzieozzie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

You're about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest
Rowan Atkinson
Ffrogg526
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1588 on: February 04, 2011 07:39:59 AM »

DawnsTrees - That box is great!  And I'm glad I realized that you posted on here!  I can't post your project as one of my 50 until after you get it!  lol.  I'm going to pack it up and send on Monday.

Bethie - I'm so sorry!  We had that happen to our family several years ago.  My younger brother, a good friend of the family and a friend of mine from college all within 2 months.  I hope your 2011 takes a turn for the better soon.  *hug*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1589 on: February 04, 2011 09:19:51 AM »

[How are you making your Alot? I want to knit one for my brother, but my knitting is not quite advanced enough for the pattern I found.

However rudimentary your knitting skills, I assure you they're better than mine. I can only frog.

I am making it from value-priced fleece, using Silverwing's ideas here on page 105 of this thread:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.phptopic=366592.msg4352798#msg4352798?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Punk Style Celebrities
Coachella: Style Spots
Carey Mulligan: Steal Her Style
Different Celebrities Wearing the Same Dress
Pregnant Stars Rocking Their Style
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...