A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,395
Currently Running With Scissors:
834 Guests and 47 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wedding planner book...help!  (Read 687 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ku-ko-rui
« on: December 04, 2010 08:59:12 PM »

Hi everyone =)
So I got engaged to my best friend a few months ago. Of course, as soon as we told everyone 'we just got engaged!' they'd answer with 'cool! when's the wedding?' and we were like 'ehm...well...we just got engaged, we haven't planned that far ahead.'
But I was thinking about it, and I thought it'd be cute to fill up a big hardcover book with wedding ideas. Like, pictures of dresses/tuxes/decorations from magazines, a playlist of songs, and stuff like that. Also I'd fill it with pictures and personal quotes about us to make it more personal.
But the thing is, I have never been to a wedding before, so I have no idea what I'm supposed to be planning! This will just be full of fun ideas for us to think about, so really, anything goes =) I would love any ideas that you could give me.
Oh, and I was hoping to give it to him for Christmas, but if not, his birthday is in January so I'll aim for that =)
Thanks, craftsters <3!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010 09:31:21 PM by ku-ko-rui » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ixelrae
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010 10:42:19 AM »

I would suggest going to theknot.com. I LOVE it. The whole site is about planning your wedding and it is amazing. They have a bunch of tools and pictures of dresses and tuxes and rings and mother of the bride dresses and flower girl stuff and random ideas.  Also, any wedding magazines you can find would be very helpful, and there are some great wedding shows if you have cable- just google for them- that are chock full of fun ideas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bakaness
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010 04:57:33 PM »

Ok, for a "traditional" wedding, you usually have the following things"

-Your appearance: dress, jewellery, shoes, make-up, hair, bouquet, etc.
-Outfits for bridesmaids, groomsmen, and the groom.
-The place for the wedding, be it a church, a park, or somewhere else
-Someone to marry you. This bit is important. Smiley
-Rings!
-Invitations - what they look like, who you invite.
-The ceremony itself - what you want it to be like, look like, etc.
-Transport to the ceremony from wherever you and your fianc get prepared (usually separately), to the reception, and to wherever you're staying the night.
-Photography, sometimes video as well
-The reception - food, music, decoration, speeches, dancing, cake, seating arrangements, garter/bouquet tossing...
-The wedding night - some place to stay that *isn't* one of your parent's houses is good. Wink
-The honeymoon.

I think that's everything in a traditional wedding - I remember I liked the Cosmo Bride magazines. Smiley For your own wedding, feel free to add and subtract things as suits you best - I know I left out a whole lot of things, and focused on the individual traditions that meant something to us.

On top of that, I'd suggest joining a wedding forum for your local area - I joined an Australia-specific one, for example. They're a good way of getting input on vendors you're likely to use, since someone else hanging around the forum has probably used them already - it's a good way of finding out who to avoid like the plague. I found my dressmaker and photographer directly from forum recommendations.

I also really enjoyed this blog, http://godawfulweddingcrap.blogspot.com/, it was great for a laugh when I got stressed.

Hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Latest Celebrity Workout Craze
How to Wear Your Makeup Poolside
One Direction Nail Polish and Make-Up Lines
Tips For Bridal Hair, Growing Brows and DIY Scrubs
How to Apply Under Eye Highlighting Powder
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...