A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,072
Currently Running With Scissors:
689 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pimp My Christmas Stocking - a contest at work  (Read 1075 times)
Tags for this thread: christmas_stocking  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ficklephonebug
« on: December 04, 2010 02:33:38 PM »

[][/img]

One year (08), my husbands company decided to have an employee Christmas Stocking Challenge. Everyone started with the same mass produced Christmas Stocking, and had a day to decorate it and get theirs hung in the break room.

This is what I did to his.  :-)
I used craft felt for the reindeer heads and an outline of my thumb print for the template.
I use sharpies...alot, and pipe cleaners bent to look like antlers, some blush on the cheeks, small giggly eyes and colored beads for the noses. I used this mini vine holly (my favorite) and some green star confetti to finish the antlers.  Used a micro sharpie for the eyebrows and side lashes.
I wrote his name on a piece of Styrofoam block, covered it with plastic wrap and inserted straight pins all along the writing.  Like a straight pin fence of sorts.
Using DMC embroidery floss all in one long piece this is how it worked. About 5 inches in from the beginning of the thread, (this will the the piece for the first light later), I coated the floss with White glue and wound it around the pins so that it was cursive writing his name. I dried it with a hair dryer and carefully re-coated the glue again and let it dry over night.
Using bright colored sharpies and a silver paint pen, I colored some little wooden Christmas light beads, and after they dried, coated them with some clear glitter.
Then placed all the Reindeer heads where I thought they looked good and hot glued them down.
Lastly, I strung the lights on the floss and glued the first one down, leaving some floss to dangle a bit, then glued the name on, and just kept going until the last reindeer, so they look like they are helping to hang the lights.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2010 09:37:01 AM by ficklephonebug » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beef And Beer Cheese Sauce Nachos
Miller Lite Garlic Butter Hot Wings
King Ranch Chicken Casserole Recipe
How to Make a “No-Cook” BLT Flatbread
Traditional Crawfish Etouffee
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...