A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
584 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 44 cent round 5 gallery  (Read 11268 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2010 01:03:36 PM »

I have just recently started collecting papercrafting supplies so I'm sure I'll be able to use everything!

I think tut. for the necklace is in order (: I LOVEEEEEEEE that necklace - great envelope! Happy bday!!!

A very similar necklace was wisted by teachart from another Craftster but I don't think there was a tutorial so I figured it out myself.  What I did was print an image of the ladies in the size I wanted.  I rolled out polymer clay very thin then laid the image on top of it.  I cut the paper images of the ladies and the clay at the same time with an exacto knife so they would perfectly match.  I baked off the clay disks by themselves, glued the images onto the finished clay with diamond glaze, drilled the holes with a hand held drill and assembled it into a necklace using jewelry findings.  If that's not clear, just let me know!     
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog  
I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read all about it here
sarahbug
Personal Swaps anyone? Message me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2010 02:19:44 PM »

TY MIssing Willow.. thinking I want to make myself one (: Great job - awesome necklace!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/shop/slfloyd31 - My etsy shop where you'll find a mish-mash of funky cute vintage pieces & handmade lovelies by ME (:

http://wists.com/sarahbug31 - My Wist-aroo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I luvvv personal swaps!  - message me!
your.bestnightmare
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2010 07:49:24 AM »

The necklace is AWESOME.
Theres so many possibilities with that technique.

Note to self: Invest in polymer clay.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a new found love for inchies.
Let's swap 'em (: Private swaps too!
Spiffyhink
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2010 01:29:38 PM »

I received my first envelope from Varifiresis yesterday, and here it is!

That's the back and front of the envelope, which was partially covered by the extra postage. I like the stickers!

And here's what was inside:

Some awesome charms and beads, which I can't wait to use, a neat ephemera card, some heart stickers, some rub-ons (which I've never used before...I'm looking forward to it!) which got a little bit rubbed off during transit, but I'm pretty sure I can still make them work, and the black stuff in the back is shrinky dink plastic! I've been wanting to try that stuff FOREVER, but hadn't been able to get my hands on it, so I'm super excited about trying this stuff out. Thanks so much, Varifiresis!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

imokaynow
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2010 03:24:15 PM »

Well, I probably should have planned a little better for swaps rather than jumping in during the holiday season. Then to add to the festiveness, had a family hospitalization over the past week and a half with hours worth of phone calls about getting care set up. I've been a bit quiet this time around.

Anyway, I have received from both my partners and I received some really awesome stuff. The first envelop I received was from Lindyv321. With some really great paper supplies, rubbings, clippings, ribbon, charms/iron-ons. I already have lots of ideas on how to use these.

My second package was from sarahbug and included lots of goodies like a handmade ornament and inchie (both really beautiful and I can't wait to display them), glitter, vintage ribbon, charms, rubbings/stickers, and charms. After taking my pics I noticed that one of the charms was not included in the first pic so it is in a second.

Thank you to both of you for such awesome packages and really brightening up a crappy week.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Holiday Specials Now Listed!  http://smerchant.etsy.com
sarahbug
Personal Swaps anyone? Message me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2010 04:34:27 PM »

awww so glad you loved everything! and glad it all got there safe and sound.. hehe! Hope things perk up for you over the next week!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/shop/slfloyd31 - My etsy shop where you'll find a mish-mash of funky cute vintage pieces & handmade lovelies by ME (:

http://wists.com/sarahbug31 - My Wist-aroo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I luvvv personal swaps!  - message me!
teachart
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2010 07:54:52 AM »

More great envelopes!

People at the party the other night loved the necklace. This is a typical reaction:

"What type of stone or shell is on your necklace? Oh wait, it's people. Oh S#@* it's The Golden Girls!"

Many thanks again MissingWillow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2010 11:28:42 AM »

You're more than welcome. I'm so glad you like it and have been thinking about one to make for myself.  Star Wars?  Alien?  Endless possibilities! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog  
I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read all about it here
DizzerSpinninRound
Proverbs 31: 10-31

Little M is growing in my belly! Due Feb 2013!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2010 12:15:44 PM »

I received another envelope today Cheesy Unfortunately, I don't know who it's from because I can't see the address...so let me know who you are Wink

Here is a picture of the envelope. Yeah...the postal service decided they were going to be jerks and ruin the envelope...

Here are the contents! FABRIC! I'm going to be making three into fabric yoyos for a necklace and the last one, I'm not sure yet because it's just so cute! Vellum sayings, glitter, and GLITTERY paper<3

Awesome! And did you notice? She somehow managed to not pay over! Good job! Maybe next round I will be able to follow your example and not go way over Wink

Thank you so much! And don't forget to tell me who you are  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mandykaye
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2010 12:43:18 PM »

Are you kidding me??? That envelope is from me and I paid them 20 cents extra because they said it was non-machinable and they still ripped it in half!!!! Sorry it came to you like that! There are some things missing too! I had some rhinestone stickers and a charm in there! I'll send out another envelope! Why would they have me pay the extra when they were just going to send it through the machine anyways?Huh Sorry for the rant but I am disgusted!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Butter Sauce
How to Make a Philly Cheese Steak with Cheez Whiz
How to Cook Salmon with Vegetables
How to make Dazzling Chocolate Peanut Butter Dip
Southern Catfish Chowder Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...