A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 298,766
Currently Running With Scissors:
536 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Thrifted book pages + printed owls = smexy!  (Read 1538 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SkyyAngel
« on: December 03, 2010 02:09:17 AM »

I made these for my best friend as one of her Christmas gifts. We both have quite the affinity and love for owls and often send each other gifts throughout the year with owls as a recurring theme.

I had an old thrift store kids book with a story about these kids named Peppers? Iunno. But it's one of those one side of the book is one story (alice in wonderland) and the other side of the book is the Pepper story. I'm planning on using the AIW stuff for a later project so I decided to "pick a pack of Pepper pages" (? lol) for this project.  Cheesy

A package of thrift store frames were a little too white so I tore up pieces of the brown mail package wrappings and decoupaged them on with some craft glue. I purposefully made the interior edge ragged for a little texture.

I found some owl images I liked through google and printed them out onto regular printer paper. I then taped the book page to the printer paper and put it back into the machine to reprint directly on top of the first printing.

But yeah... so there's how I did it. I love how they look and kinda want to do another set for my home...  Wink

Smiley

I also picked the pages from the books because of the chapter titles you can still see. I think they kinda "fit" with each picture, even if the meanings are a little twisted... lol. From left to right they read, "Which Treats of a Good Many Matters" (he looks so grumpy and not expecting a treat at all), "A Threatened Blow" (he's totally giving us "the look"... lol), and "New Friends" (I liked how he was in mid-flight like he was swooping down to catch a field mouse or something... aww, making friends!) xD.

Thanks for looking! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ohmymetro
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010 07:09:58 AM »

I REALLY like those. I also have a thing for owls and am very envious of your friend for getting these!

Great work!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Correlating

YOU are a cheeseball! :D

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010 07:30:56 AM »

oh my gosh, i really like this! great job, the look so cool! and p.s. i think i remember reading that book about the Pepper kids!! (@_@)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...puttin' things together...
GeriZoe
Constantly contemplating creating

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010 08:12:24 AM »

i think the Pepper book was my mom's fav as a kid. If I remember correctly its called "5 little Peppers and how they grew". I could be wrong though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SkyyAngel
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010 10:37:09 AM »

Thanks everyone! Smiley It's really super easy to do and I imagine with a fancy frame and some other bits in photoshop, they could look REALLY elegant! I don't have Photoshop set up on this comp, just Paint. Maybe when I make my set, I'll finally dig out my laptop and fool around with it. But yeah, real easy for anyone to do. Smiley

i think the Pepper book was my mom's fav as a kid. If I remember correctly its called "5 little Peppers and how they grew". I could be wrong though!

I think that's exactly it... lol. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010 11:06:32 AM »

These are very cool looking, and I love how you got the design on the paper. I'm not very good at drawing, so I definately must try that out sometime!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pilgrimpriest
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010 05:23:33 PM »

Very cool project! I may have to steal it!

The Five Little Peppers are actually a whole series. How They Grew is the first but it continues through travels and adulthood and marriage, ad infinitum.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Three Back-to-School Braided Looks
How to Get the Perfect Curly Cut
Upgrade to a Rose Bun For Your Holiday Parties!
The Monday Makeover - Creating Beach Hair Style
How to Do a Simple Back to School Hairstyle
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...