Craft Challenge #2 - $10 Thrift Store Outfit Recon Due June 24 to June 28 (2005)
Ah! An excuse to go to your favorite thrift store! Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to to make an outfit to wear that has a top and a bottom. The outfit has to be made from items you buy at a thrift store for $10 or under. (If you're not in the US, spend an equivalent of money.)Official Rules:
- Post your craft during the period of June 24 to June 28. No sooner. No later.
- To enter, just post your project in this thread during the period of June 24 to June 28.
- Voting will happen from June 29 to July 4
- Each participant can enter up to two different projects
You can use sewing supplies and notions (needle & thread, ribbon, zipper, etc) that don't come from the thrift store and that don't fall within the $10 limit.
For fun, take a "before" picture so people can see what you started with.Originality:
It's probably impossible to know whether your project is 100% original and has never been posted on Craftster. But if your project was inspired
by something on Craftster, then just give credit to that project.Prizes:
At the end, I'll set up a poll right here in the thread and whoever people vote as the winner gets:
(1) their project in the Featured Projects area
(2) their project in the Craftster Blog
(3) and this prize: any one item from Craftster's CafePress shop
(prizes will be different every month for each new Challenge)
So who's up for a challenge?!
Feel free to post any questions or comments you have here too but note that I will delete them once submissions come in to keep this thread tidy.