A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,609
Currently Running With Scissors:
560 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Trying to recreate this gorgeous Vera Wang $800 neckalce. Please help! :)  (Read 1100 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lady Pistola
« on: December 02, 2010 09:35:20 AM »

I am so lusting after this Vera Wang necklace....but its $800!!! And look at the description...it's PLASTIC pearl beads on black wool felt, with regular old brass chains!! Seems easy enough, right? Or at least inexpensive comparatively! I am determined to make this, even though I've never made my own jewelry before. What a way to jump right in, right? And if it works, I know someone who would go gaga over this for a Christmas present!!
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod112300019&parentId=cat21800734&masterId=cat4870734&index=28&cmCat=cat000000cat2830732cat4870731cat4870734cat21800734
So my question is...anyone know how to make flowers like this out of teardrop beads? And are they using headpins that have teeny pearls on them? Or are those separate beads? Like I said, I'm brand spankin new to beading, but am determined. So please, if you have any tutorials or tips or advice on doing this, or on how to do the chain like that, etc....I would LOVE LOVE LOVE you forever!  Thanks a bunch everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have vintage smurf sheets and do embroidery and stenciling...wanna swap?
Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010 02:38:06 AM »

Looks like teardrop pearl beads with the hole drilled lengthwise, and either a pin with a bead ending, attached to felt at the back, or the pearl is sewn to fabric - thread and needle up through the pearl, and then through a seed bead, and back down through the pearl and the fabric.  I guess you would have to find graduated sizes and try to follow her patterning.  Sounds like the felt is a solid bib like form in the back and either the chains are also sewn to it, or attached in some other way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
SoftFlexGuy
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010 08:36:44 PM »

Wow.

That is a beautiful necklace.

But eight hundred dollars beautiful?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lady Pistola
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010 05:59:54 PM »

Wow.

That is a beautiful necklace.

But eight hundred dollars beautiful?

Yeah...not $800 beautiful...they're plastic beads! Thanks for the info Onyxnox...Now WHERE to find graduated pearl teardrop beads drilled lengthwise?! Ive searched EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have vintage smurf sheets and do embroidery and stenciling...wanna swap?
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Raychel Wade Gives Shows Fixes for Teen Beauty Blunders
The Best and Boldest Beauty of Awards Season
Oscar Movie Makeup Tutorials Grow More Popular
Bibhu Mohapatra Fall 2014 NYFW Backstage, Interviews & Runway
The 5 Minute Makeup Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...