A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,493
Currently Running With Scissors:
386 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: best flea markets  (Read 9854 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sammiedora
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2005 03:09:29 PM »

She'll yell at you if you call it a flea market "IT'S AN ANTIQUE STORE" but... yeah... it's neat, in Ball Ground. Canton. Packrat's Daughter or something like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
princesakati
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2005 06:18:23 PM »

here in athens is the j and j flea market which is totally an awesome cultural experience, and you can usually boy cool stuff from the table vendors outside (inside is mostly old tires and made in china crap, but there's some interesting stuff too -- it's worth taking a look) but I doubt it would be a good place to sell crafts.
Big City Breads used to have a mini flea market out front, where people did sell crafts, but I don't know if that's still going.  there's also the OCAF sales in Watkinsville -- in December they have an arts and crafts sale and in spring they have a rummage sale -- they're not strictly flea markers but you can always find good stuff.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005 06:20:06 PM by princesakati » THIS ROCKS   Logged

You've gotta sing louder if you want to stop war! -- Arlo Guthrie
abstractlady
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2006 01:59:43 PM »

LAKE WOOD antique market

look it up

its awsome

or it might be Lakewood antique market
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JennyBrown

Jenny Brown, Jenny Brown....Sweet Beak.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2006 05:57:40 PM »

Hey guys!  I just wanted to update this post as I recently found out that Oct. will be the last Lakewood Flea.  They are shutting it down, which is tragic because it's awesome!  Do not be fooled into thinking that their counterpart, Lakewood 400 Flea, is as good.  It is owned by the same people but my fiance and I drove up to it last weekend and it was all suburb decorator stuff.  Not much junk at all.  So don't forget to go to the last ever Lakewood Flea the second weekend of Oct.!

Also, I have been to several N. Georgia Fleas as well.  Pendergrass was just as everyone has said....dollar junk, new tools, etc.  They have a few outdoor vendors that are still junky enough though.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

diannab
founder member of the ZaftigMomma appreciation Society : )

Away..... stalking..... will return shortly......

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2006 12:26:19 PM »

Where is lakewood flea at???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I may be out of touch for a few days.my cable company merges we are experiencing lots growing pains!!! Email: diannabishop@yahoo.com
Would you like a Child/baby clothing & gift board?
JennyBrown

Jenny Brown, Jenny Brown....Sweet Beak.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2006 02:33:11 PM »

Here is a link to the Lakewood Flea website with some info on the closing.  The map on this site is for Lakewood 400 Flea which is in Cumming, GA.  (According to several dealers I overheard when we were at Lakewood this month they will be moving their booths to Lakewood 400...so hopefully it will be better in the future.)
http://www.lakewoodantiques.com/ 

Lakewood is on the South side of Atlanta off I 85.  Here is a link that has the address and a map
http://atlanta.citysearch.com/profile/11495006/

October 12-15!
Thursday admission is $5, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday is $3 and the pass is good all weekend.

Let's go buy some junk!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gemstonegurl05
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2008 08:26:56 PM »

I am new to this site, but I have a few wonderful flea markets that I have been too that have made me think about how they look.

One was Bessemer, AL....It looks really rough but the people that go there will spend their money..they are not the kind to haggle either.

Then there was Anderson, SC....It looks rough but the people that go there are nice and don't seem to mind spending money...Very nice people in the office and the vendors are helpful.

There again in South Carolina, but in Greer, Is a place called Barn yard....All under cover..very nice place..Nice Office Staff and Vendors.

Asheville, North Carolina....It's name is Smiley's...Did really good off of their tables outside...People there were ok.

Athens, Al...a nice flea market there....try and get inside..Just remember tho they do not have a/c, so bring a fan if it is in the summer.

Columbia, SC...Barn Yard is great....It is off US Hwy 1, off of I-26 Go towards Lexington....Did really well 2 weekends in a row.

Now I am looking for other great flea markets to go to.  They have to be big and busy.  Anyone have an idea of where I can go?  Has to be in the US.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gemstonegurl05
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2008 09:10:34 PM »

Does anyone have any ideas of where to go for a huge flea market?

Has to be in the united states, and has to be in the south!!!!  Right now the north is just too cold for my ole' bones...lol..

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...TYVM
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dj dizzy Dayna
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2008 03:37:19 PM »

it is so disapointing to me that i live 1 mile from the Pendergrass Flea Market "largest flea market in georgia" And its just crap over there.  Made in china, knock off coaches, and tools....sniff sniff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ALISHABELL
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2012 10:42:39 PM »

Well Anyone tell us that what is the purpose of flea markets?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Spicy Tuna Roll
How to Make Temptura Prawn Sushi Rolls
How to Make Ball Shaped Sushi
How to Cook Japanese Style Sardines
How to Make Cured Mackerel Sushi
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...